The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

2 minutes ago, Adzman said:

This will be interesting. He gets a chance to play for his career. Anything could happen.

I'll be really happy if he snags himself a position.

Cindarella story if we get to finals with JT picked.

• Like 7

Great! I really like Jack as a person and club man and desperately want him to succeed given his absolutely rotten luck with injuries. Anyway my hope is he takes the handful of games left this year to remake his career  and doesn't leave himself and us wondering. 

• Like 6

Finally what a combeack. Will be very curious to see what role he plays, guessing across halfback.

Does anyone know the last time he played?

• Like 1

May be a role in the short term across half back. Great news for Jack. He is a seriously good bloke and still has a truckload of talent.  

Agree this is his last chance though.  The club has him on the delist category and so he needs to show his talent this week.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Travis said:

Starting on the bench. Great to see him finally make it into the team! Best of luck Jack!

Unfortunately I can't be there, but I look forward to the replay and hearing the roar when he comes onto the ground.  Hope he lifts the whole team too.

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

I'll be really happy if he snags himself a position.

Cindarella story if we get to finals with JT picked.

And Cinderella will by forgotten if he gets into our winning GF team!!

PS I hadn't realised that he is still only 25.  IF this works out it could be a massive bonus, especially with Bernie and Lewis being in their twilight.

Edited by monoccular
PS
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Unfortunately I can't be there, but I look forward to the replay and hearing the roar when he comes onto the ground.  Hope he lifts the whole team too.

And Cinderella will by forgotten if he gets into our winning GF team!!

PS I hadn't realised that he is still only 25.  IF this works out it could be a massive bonus, especially with Bernie and Lewis being in their twilight.

I have been questioning the worth of our veterans lately but the season is yet to play out.

in football terms,if JTs body "gets right" ,he is effeectively 23 in terms of games played and we know he can find the ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jibroni said:

Finally what a combeack. Will be very curious to see what role he plays, guessing across halfback.

Does anyone know the last time he played?

Round 13 last year I think. 

19 minutes ago, fndee said:

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence"

I nearly quoted it but cnbf.

Knute Rockne or John Bertrand?

Hopefully it will prove to be a masterstroke from the List Management people - keeping a talented, footy-smart, hardened warrior on the list to plug a gap when the need arises.

Like all on Demonland, hoping/praying his selection is justified come siren time.

36 minutes ago, Biffen said:

I nearly quoted it but cnbf.

Knute Rockne or John Bertrand?

No idea but I remember Goodwin saying on his awards night that ‘failure is no match for perseverance’ and it made me think of Jack T and his unrelenting battle against injury. Google solved it from there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mdemon said:

Hopefully it will prove to be a masterstroke from the List Management people - keeping a talented, footy-smart, hardened warrior on the list to plug a gap when the need arises.

Like all on Demonland, hoping/praying his selection is justified come siren time.

Except I thought we needed to plug some gaps in the previous 3 or 4 weeks with some hardened warriors like Trenners. In the week we get Viney, Watts and Salem back for the loss of Vince and Kent we suddenly get Trenners after all this time. 

Another selection decision by our people that we don't quite understand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Except I thought we needed to plug some gaps in the previous 3 or 4 weeks with some hardened warriors like Trenners. In the week we get Viney, Watts and Salem back for the loss of Vince and Kent we suddenly get Trenners after all this time. 

Another selection decision by our people that we don't quite understand. 

Agree - puzzling decision in some ways.

But, as mentioned in a related thread, possibly designed to give him a chance when our better performers are in rather than when our playing stocks were very  threadbare.

Fingers/toes crossed that it all goes well. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.