Trade Radio Discussion

What

Interesting that on the AFL website, when people were asked to nominate the winner of the Mega-trade between the Dees, Crows, PA and the Pies, we were voted 13% (a distant last). Frankly, I was expecting that we would have received at least a second second-round pick'out of the wash. I am sure that all Pies supporters would be drooling over the Howe highlights reel on the AFL website (as I was)!

keep in mind who votes..demographics and size of all non Dees clubs as a %. Means sfa.

Its one part of a jigsaw. The nuff nuffs of most clubs wouldn't understand.

• Like 1

Interesting that on the AFL website, when people were asked to nominate the winner of the Mega-trade between the Dees, Crows, PA and the Pies, we were voted 13% (a distant last).

Pretty much reflects the size of the supporter base I would think.

• Like 2

Pretty much reflects the size of the supporter base I would think.

bit simple eh !! lol

Other than combining a player with picks, I can't now see how we can get pick 3.

For example Grimes and 6 might get you 3.

We could do #6 plus next year's second round pick. I would prefer not but I am not a draft expert and I don't know how highly they value Parish (or others).

• Like 1

Other than combining a player with picks, I can't now see how we can get pick 3.

For example Grimes and 6 might get you 3.

Speaking of Grimes, there was talk last week the Tigers were interested. And tonight Josh Mahoney said that the Howe/Toump megadeal has left us with the picks we need to do some more trades.

Perhaps Grimes will be on the move in the next few days.

If one of these guys being Bugg ,Kennedy or Melksham ends being a regular senior player we have done well, because Toumpas wasn't and Howe was hot and cold.

If two of them fire up we are well ahead.

If we trade our picks now and get or selves into a good draft position to pick up who ever it is we have our sights on, like a Parish and they end up giving us a bit of zip then even better.

We should be a better and more consistent team next season with more competition for spots.

Jimmy just tweeted.....

@JToumpas: I am so excited though to start fresh at the @PAFC! A club that is based around hard work. It's a journey I can't wait to begin!

The hard work comment?

Are we not based around it?

Concerning?

Nah, stock standard comments from a departing player who is trying to win over the supporters of his new club.

• Like 1

Howe vs Kennedy ........ a tale of two horses

Howe is a show pony, who prances around and has a genuine go when it suits him.

Kennedy is a work-horse, who has a red-hot go whenever the opportunity presents.

I know who I want wearing red and blue!

• Like 4

Speaking of Grimes, there was talk last week the Tigers were interested. And tonight Josh Mahoney said that the Howe/Toump megadeal has left us with the picks we need to do some more trades.

Perhaps Grimes will be on the move in the next few days.

Really Mahoney talking about mega deals! Deals involving two peripheral players and a highlights reel player for some late picks, in which we have been largely done over as we would rather have dealt with GCS. How about a sideshow deal, in comparison with the real deals that all involve the bigger clubs, e.g. Dangermouse, Carlisle, Treloar, Jetta etc. forgive me for thinking that so far we seem to be bartering over the crumbs, while the big boys deal in real talent and early pick transfers.

• Like 1

Really Mahoney talking about mega deals! Deals involving two peripheral players and a highlights reel player for some late picks, in which we have been largely done over as we would rather have dealt with GCS. How about a sideshow deal, in comparison with the real deals that all involve the bigger clubs, e.g. Dangermouse, Carlisle, Treloar, Jetta etc. forgive me for thinking that so far we seem to be bartering over the crumbs, while the big boys deal in real talent and early pick transfers.

I will take great pleasure when our own home grown talent along with the so called peripheral players traded in who wanted to play for our colours start flogging these mega clubs with their mega deal players.

The satisfaction of winning a premiership when you were there from the start would be immeasurably better than chasing a cheap premiership the easy way when others have done all the hard work.

You could see that even though chipper was rejoicing, there was an empty feeling to the medallion hung around his neck.

• Like 1

Prove her otherwise then. Quayle is generally spot on and doesn't just put out tripe like guys like Clark or Ralph. She is always on the money during these times of the year, so forgive me for doing so, but I'll take her word over yours.

Don't take anybody's word, use your own head. Wines was a monty until GWS passed on Toumpas for Plowman.

What we need to remember is that Toumpas was a Neeld pick. He was the bloke who was keenest on him, so it's not surprising how it turned out.

Our recruiting team was very keen on Kennedy to the point that, had Toumpas gone to GWS, we would have taken him at 4 that year. We've seen them make some excellent drafting decisions over the last few years, so if they believed he was that good then I'm more than willing to get behind it.

We would not have taken kennedy at pick 4 i can assure you.

• Like 2

Sydney and Brisbane are teams looking to improve their points position. We could package up our newly acquired picks to improve our draft position to either 14 or 17. Where GWS would hold out some hope that either or both of Kennedy and Hopper don't attract high bids, there's no chance that no one bids for the Sydney & Bris academy players come in before pick 14.

IMO we can put together a pick package that returns one of those first rounders.

Edited by ChaserJ

I honestly don't care if all we are left with is ND3 - it will tell me that the club wants to bring in known commodities and superb talent and that's it - no more projects.

I. Love. That. Idea.

Lets hope pick 3 ends up better than Toumpas, or many of the other early picks we have had that went bust

I wish we could attract actual ready made A grade players, but I recognise that not even players at our own club are always keen to stay in it, so we have little chance of attracting good players with multiple options.