Sleaze Lies Drugs and AFL Bad Culture

Soidee

It's no surprise someone at the West Coast Cheats was going to spill the beans eventually on lies and cover ups at this club. Worsfold can continue to deny any knowledge, Eagles Management and staff will also deny involvement, however what peeves me off as a lover of football is the deceit and bad culture that is covered up at all clubs, especially clubs like the eagles who rise to grand finals every few years.

Eagles supporters still think Cousins is a legend and saint!!!! Head up backsides about how their club operates behind the scenes.

Drugs liars and cheats.....

• Like 1

Seriously, they weren't the only ones!

Remember the medical (drug test) records, that turned up on a street in Ivanhoe, of AFL players from a nearby club?

Who did the only AFL player suspended for 3 strikes play for?

Remember the anti Nick Davis vitriol when he spoke up about drugs in the AFL

All this happened in the mid 2000's.

What has been reported today about WCE has been known for a long time.

Its just another low life act by the HS to try and unsettle their team and get Hawthorn over the line tomorrow.

I bet the HS have a heap of stories in the closet to do a 'beat up' when it suits...Harley Bennell story for example.

• Like 1

Very irresponsible and grubby of the HS to release this now. Would never have happened under Sheahan's watch.

This week is about football and why we love it so much.

The HS has been an important pillar in that love for the game (whether you like the HS or not), and this does nothing but tarnish the week.

At least wait until after the GF. This tarnishes West Coast more than it does the AFL, and the current crop of Eagles don't deserve this.

• Like 1

They do sit on these stories until an opportunistic moment. The Bennell one was similar...

That said, I'm more interested in the Malthouse era flags. Skinny little boys to men in one preseason, Charles Atlas couldn't have achieved these results without some help.

• Like 4

The bennell photos are to cover up and take the attention from the other 12 player that took drugs with hunt, one takes the fall for everyone else involved, notice when those picture came to light the story of the 13 players is never heard of again.

Edited by don't make me angry
  • Like 3

Im sick of people like Daniel Chick that fail to blame themselves for their own life choices. You choose what you take the club officials didnt force you to take drugs. Man up and take responsibility

In his defense he explicitly says he made bad choices. He said Eagles officials, many of whom are still in positions of power at the club and league, haven't been held to account for how they dealt with the drug issue at the club: they swept it under the rug, actively tried to hide it, and actually helped the players score drugs.

He's not blaming anyone for his issues. He's saying that while others have been punished for taking drugs, those who were in a position to address it and fix it actually helped along the drug taking.

By his accusations, some Eagles officials acted as drug dealers.

• Like 3

Remember the medical (drug test) records, that turned up on a street in Ivanhoe, of AFL players from a nearby club?

Who did the only AFL player suspended for 3 strikes play for?

Its just another low life act by the HS to try and unsettle their team and get Hawthorn over the line tomorrow.

I bet the HS have a heap of stories in the closet to do a 'beat up' when it suits...Harvey Bennell story for example.

So true Lucifer. I really don't get too excited about these stories. The West Coast story has been known for a long time. Sure, there are plenty of clean footballers, however, the demands of the sport (read all professional sport), means that both illicit and prescription drugs have been taken for a long time (in the case of the VFL/AFL beginning in the 1970s with the use of anabolic steroids). Bulked up players have been around for a long time. There are differences in use starting with individual use moving to organized programs, but the use of drugs has been a part of the game for a long time. This is why the self righteous attitude of past AFL administrators that the sport was clean (Demetriou being the classic case) has been just pure b.............. and been about protecting the brand. Those in the game will continue to push the boundaries to seek a competitive advantage so drug use will not go away. Do I think that MFC players have taken stuff over the years, Absolutely, although perhaps not in any organized way sanctioned by club staff. Anyway, as you say Lucifer........"they weren't the only ones"

• Like 4

It is a strange piece of timing.

I can't help wondering if Chick's comments are more directed at Worsfold and his impending appointment at Essendon, than anything to do with the Eagles.

Maybe there are things he only really paused to recall this week, when people wanted to reminisce with him about Eagles in grand finals, or Worsfold as a coach.

There's nothing for it, the Demons are just going to have to step up and win a bunch of preimerships, we can't risk them all ending up in the hands of creeps and b4stards.

• Like 3

I can't help wondering if Chick's comments are more directed at Worsfold and his impending appointment at Essendon, than anything to do with the Eagles.

Maybe there are things he only really paused to recall this week, when people wanted to reminisce with him about Eagles in grand finals, or Worsfold as a coach.

There's nothing for it, the Demons are just going to have to step up and win a bunch of preimerships, we can't risk them all ending up in the hands of creeps and b4stards.

Just highlights how Worsfold is the perfect match for injectiondon.

Who did the only AFL player suspended for 3 strikes play for????

I bet the HS have a heap of stories in the closet to do a 'beat up' when it suits...Harvey Bennell story for example.

remember the Ackermanis accusations, of opposition players running out of their skins...

Dale Lewis (swans) accusations

• Like 1

I think its both, to help the Hawks, & hurt eagles, & to hurt the AFL, & Worsfold.

So true Lucifer. I really don't get too excited about these stories. The West Coast story has been known for a long time. Sure, there are plenty of clean footballers, however, the demands of the sport (read all professional sport), means that both illicit and prescription drugs have been taken for a long time (in the case of the VFL/AFL beginning in the 1970s with the use of anabolic steroids). Bulked up players have been around for a long time. There are differences in use starting with individual use moving to organized programs, but the use of drugs has been a part of the game for a long time. This is why the self righteous attitude of past AFL administrators that the sport was clean (Demetriou being the classic case) has been just pure b.............. and been about protecting the brand. Those in the game will continue to push the boundaries to seek a competitive advantage so drug use will not go away. Do I think that MFC players have taken stuff over the years, Absolutely, although perhaps not in any organized way sanctioned by club staff. Anyway, as you say Lucifer........"they weren't the only ones"

Hi 'hemingway', I like your posts but find them hard to read (it's the density of the type) and sometimes steer away from them when I would like to know the point you are making.

Could you break them up a little bit, if you could put breaks between the sentences or points that would be good for me.

...and I know it's not about me but others may have the same problem.

Thanks and keep sharing, 'rjay'..

• Like 1

Is what Chick has come out and said today any different to the comments made by Brock McLean that caused the AFL to investigate our club? Will be interesting whether the AFL will follow up on this.

• Like 2

Hi 'hemingway', I like your posts but find them hard to read (it's the density of the type) and sometimes steer away from them when I would like to know the point you are making.

Could you break them up a little bit, if you could put breaks between the sentences or points that would be good for me.

...and I know it's not about me but others may have the same problem.

Thanks and keep sharing, 'rjay'..

You have a bit of cheek 'rjay'...telling the erudite man of letters, how to structure a paragraph! :rolleyes:

I do agree tho, I like Ernest's posts but some spacing etc will help.

• Like 2

Is what Chick has come out and said today any different to the comments made by Brock McLean that caused the AFL to investigate our club? Will be interesting whether the AFL will follow up on this.

totally different, there is no adrian anderson :mellow:

• Like 1

I'd suggest Worsfold is in the box seat at Essendon because clearly he'll do "whatever it takes" for a flag.

Or do you mean dispense "whatever they take"?

• Like 1

I'm no stranger to bad behaviour and there's nothing much that can shock me but I've been told that the media is also sitting on another story about a certain high profile footballer who might have bitten off more than he can chew and his strikes have finally all caught up to him. The news is expected to be published soon after the grand final if it gets the ok from the legal people.

• Like 1

AFL players would be worse than the rest of society,as they have more cash and more time than your average bogan on the street.

The corporations involved do their best to hide the drugs,the rapes and the other crimes etc but sometimes things just get out.