2015 FINALS

Was a bit torn on the result last night. 1) I thought the idea of both WA sides sinking in the prelims was delightful and 2) North making the granny from 8th is a great effort. However, on the flipside, 1) North have no hope against Hawthorn where as West Coast might, and 2) Brad Scott.

I think I'm happy enough with the result. Shame about the umpiring though.

Barracking for West Coast next week, reluctantly.

• Like 1

So North get kissed on the dick by the umps for the whole season, and last night is the end of the world? Spare me - they are the worst stagers in the league and only made it past Richmond due to umpiring non-decisions.

Are the umps instructed to not let teams get out to decent leads early in chosen games ? Chains of 3 rubbish frees to gift scoring opportunities . Blatant errors .To me it looks like they have intent . Is it the afls brand protection in action ? Integrety zero .

Def not a Norf fan but it was clear to me (and Ingrid) what was going to take place in the 2nd & 3rd quarters last night once Norf got the jump and were allover the Coke.

There is no doubt the umpires influence the outcomes of some of these matches in order to provide one team an advantage over another in terms of making sure they stay in a game and gain a decent buffer, preferably by half time but in the case of a terribly out of form WC who were so horrid they still couldn't take advantage of some of the most blatant umpiring bias I've ever seen, it needed one more quarter of this horribillis to get WC in front.

Norf were all over the coaster in that first quarter and a half until the umps got involved, or didn't depending on if it was a blatant to Norf or not.

In a normally umpired game of football that was a Norf win last night but unfortunately the pattern of umpiring bias when playing a 'preferred' AFL anointed team is so blatantly obvious there can only be a few reasons for it. One involves a brown paper bag... The other, undue or covert influence from upon high to assist in a certain 'preferred' AFL outcome.

BOG for WC last nite was the impiring by a country mile! All for the finals! As long as you fit into the AFL's carefully orchestrated big picture.

NFL rules!

Edited by Rusty Nails

Bloody Hell.......People whining about umpires....

They have been doing this since the game began and the two captains were umpires..

This game is so hard to umpire with all the rule changes and interpretations.

They don't have the benefit of replays or slow motion.

Yes they make mistakes but less than the players do in a match.

I wonder how many on here have actually umpired a game or two....I have (Junior level) and been abused and called a cheat when I had no preference for either side.

Without them you don't have a game.

Edited by Bossdog
  • Like 4

So North get kissed on the dick by the umps for the whole season, and last night is the end of the world? Spare me - they are the worst stagers in the league and only made it past Richmond due to umpiring non-decisions.

Exactly. North didn't seem all that sympathetic about the awful non-HTB-decision that cost Richmond a shot in front of goal in the last QTR.

Edited by Lamashtu

They have been doing this since the game began and the two captains were umpires..

I wonder how many on here have actually umpired a game or two....I have (Junior level) and been abused and called a cheat when I had no preference for either side.

I too have umpired many junior footy games but I am astounded at the number of frees missed by the so called best in the land. Blind Freddy would clearly see jumpers being held, blatant push in the backs, high tackles etc but for some reason they go unnoticed. Most annoying and puzzling is the waving of the arms signal and the words 'Play on!' They seem to be saying , "There was a free there but I'll let it go".The commentators might say the umpire was 'unsighted' but surely these guys have got to move more quickly to get in the position to see what's going on. They are paid well enough. The bias for the Eagles last night was unbelievable. One should not umpire as a result of crowd noise. Sadly, the parochial crowd swayed the umps again last night and this has been a regular happening at Subiaco over many years. I remember well, one game against the Eagles where the halftime free kicks count was 22 Eagles to a miserable 2 to the Demons.

I think you might have something there..........

If we're discussing ruckmen then I'd rather have Max Gawn.

Naitanui is a super athlete and everything he does is spectacular but he was beaten in the ruck by Goldstein and I would hope that Max applies himself and has an injury free pre season so that he can become as good in the ruck as Goldy.

In the end, Goldstein alone without adequate support wasn't enough to overcome the combined efforts of Nik Nat and Sinclair who played a significant role as the second big man in the Eagles' team. Oddly enough, Sinclair was thereabouts for the taking for 2 or 3 years at Port Melbourne and none of the clubs were interested enough in recruiting him until WCE took him a couple of years ago.

Agree id Rather Gawny . People are sucked in by nic nats jumping ability but he has hit outs in the 20 s takes 1 or 2 marks and luke darcy is calling him a superstar . Jake spencer can do that ffs .

• Like 1

If we're discussing ruckmen then I'd rather have Max Gawn.

Naitanui is a super athlete and everything he does is spectacular but he was beaten in the ruck by Goldstein and I would hope that Max applies himself and has an injury free pre season so that he can become as good in the ruck as Goldy.

In the end, Goldstein alone without adequate support wasn't enough to overcome the combined efforts of Nik Nat and Sinclair who played a significant role as the second big man in the Eagles' team. Oddly enough, Sinclair was thereabouts for the taking for 2 or 3 years at Port Melbourne and none of the clubs were interested enough in recruiting him until WCE took him a couple of years ago.

Agree id Rather Gawny . People are sucked in by nic nats jumping ability but he has hit outs in the 20 s takes 1 or 2 marks and luke darcy is calling him a superstar . Jake spencer can do that ffs .

Nice rant. Doesn't escape the fact that howlers were missed/invented by the umpires last night and in general over the finals series.

• Like 1

Reminds me of 1988.

my memory of that game is rather hazy from just about this point in the game lol

WC clearly out of their depth but oddly at 3.8 if they had kicked the ones they should have, they would be about 6.5 and still in the hunt. And I will say it again who is on Rioli???

We can't even get JKH into the sprint! There are a couple of cabbies in the final? What is going on?

Edited by Earl Hood
  • Like 1