• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Keith "Bluey" Truscott Memorial Trophy - 2015

2015 Melbourne best and fairest

1st Bernie Vince (Keith Bluey Truscott Memorial Trophy) 328 votes

Any "established" player there who scored less than 100 and wasn't injured ... shaky ground.

No hiding from the coaches/match committee.

• Like 1

Melbourne FC @melbournefc

Vince: I can't thank the playing group enough for the way they've welcomed me in, they're like brothers. #bluey2015

Melbourne FC @melbournefc

Vince: I see myself now as a Melbourne Football Club player for life. #bluey2015

I think Bernie really loves the Dees!

fair to say a good deal of love right back at him.

Well done Bernie...weekend at your place ?

Well done to the others who got the lollies.

Go Dees

Bloody sad that Crossy is being forced out.

Loving this thread so far. Shame I'm not there.

P.S. Has Saty made an appearance? Has he ever made an appearance at the B&F?

Funny you should ask.

I didn't see him at the Bluey but I was watching the replay of last Sunday's game v GWS and lo and behold, there he was with his missus in the second quarter with the clock showing 14.35 and just as Jesse Hogan was shooting for goal - The Devil Inside sitting in the sparse crowd!

• Like 2

Lumumba and Watts both finished behind a guy injured for most of the year.

watts' result tells you all you need to know about what the coaches think of him. On shaky ground.

99 votes from about 6 games I would say. The rest hmmmmmmm......best results are 9th one yr and 10th another. Colin Sylvia mk II

Lumumba a pretty disappointing result.

And Garland I am genuinely surprised. Seems they value his role on opposition player more so than any offensive capability

Edited by jnrmac

Well done Bernie Vince - a thoroughly deserved win. It's been a long time since we've had a "run with" player who is an offensive weapon unto his own - in fact, I can't think of one ever. At his best he's a ball accumulating beast - the only thing that differentiates him from the top class of midfielders in the competition is the ability to do it every week of the year I think. He definitely went up a gear and rediscovered the form that allowed him to win a B&F at Adelaide.

I reckon the story of the night is Jack Viney though. It wasn't until I stopped and thought about it after the last match that at no stage did he really have a form slump throughout the year. Jones and Vince are ahead of him in the pure class stage, but no player delivered at a consistent level every week more than Viney. You'd think at 21 he's still got absolutely stacks of improvement left in him, too. I can't believe he came so close to pinching it after missing such a large chunk of the season with injury. An absolutely fantastic effort and a good reward for a good season.

• Like 12

It seems a silly system to me. Just by playing an extra couple of games, you are immediately a much better chance of winning. They should ditch your lowest scoring 3 to 5 games or something to give others that missed a couple a chance.

A very good point 'Forest Demon'.

Here is how the top 20 ranked on a average votes per game basis, their Bluey position, total votes, average votes:

1 2 Viney – 327 votes 20.4

2 4 Hogan – 286 votes 14.3

3 1 Vince – 328 votes 14.3

4 3 McDonald – 300 votes 13.6

5 5 Jones – 270 votes 12.3

6 15 Salem (113) 11.3

7 6 Cross (242 votes) 11.0

8 7 Garland (218 votes) 10.9

9 12 Gawn (134) 10.3

10 8 Garlett (216 votes) 9.8

11 32 McDonald (19) 9.5

12 13 Tyson (130) 8.7

13 11 Brayshaw (146) 7.0

14 9 Howe (151 votes) 6.9

15 26 Jamar (34) 6.8

16 10 Dunn (148 votes) 6.7

17 31 Fitzpatrick (20) 6.7

18 17 Jetta (102) 6.4

19 16 Lumumba (112) 5.9

20 23 Pedersen (39) 5.6

Source: B&F Votes, MFC website for # of games.

This table points to player consistency throughout the year and consistency is something we crave.

Viney totally smashes it with an average of 20.4 per game from a cluster of players around 11-14 votes per game.

Amazing how well Salem did to come in 6th on this basis.

What I like is that our top 10 is a good mix of experience and youth! A great core for our future!!

The disappoints are our 'missing' leaders: Dawes, Grimes, Dunn 6.7 and Lumumba 5.9 a long way off the pace!

An amazing performance by Jones polling so well with a neck injury all year.

Cross and Jamar can go out with heads held high in the top 15

BTW It would be interesting to decipher approx how many BOG's say Viney may have etc

Does anyone know how the voting system works? eg how many coaches allocate votes and how many per game. eg 3,2,1 like the umpires, 5,4,3,2,1, like coaches or something else?

Really enjoyed the trophy winners comments. Sounds like a lot of bro love is developing among the team!

EOE

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6

Thanks for the great post LH!

Not sure where you got the list, but curious to see how the rest of our full list scored.

I may be wrong but thought I read that 4 of our match committee give a score from 0 or 1-10 for every player on the day.

Edited by Rob Mac......
  • Like 1

Not sure where you got the list, but curious to see how the rest of our full list scored.

I may be wrong but thought I read that 4 of our board members give a score from 0 or 1-10 for every player on the day.

4 on the match committee give the votes. Not sure how the votes are allocated & how many they allocate etc.
  • Like 1

Club B&F's are different from media and Brownlow awards and the way votes are allocated. What I remember from last night is coaches vote and the maximum a player can get in a game is 40 votes, and the scale is from 1 to 10. Only players who deserve votes get them i.e. in some of the rounds where we got flogged on 3 players got votes whilst in another game I thought I counted 10 players who got votes. Coaches see the game differently to us and rank players on roles, performance etc.

From Roos speech and promise to the players and supporters he rates contested ball and being competitive highly. I am sure Peter Jackson said that it will be 2017 before we see the team introduce the attacking premiership winning game style but I may have mis interpreted his words.

• Like 2

I may be wrong but thought I read that 4 of our board members give a score from 0 or 1-10 for every player on the day.

Thanks for the voting method info.

Re the data, I took the # of games from player profiles on MFC website. Have edited my earlier post to show this. w

As to the rest of the team (except Rookies):

21 18 Watts (99) 5.0

22 19 Dawes (67) 4.8

23 20 Newton (46) 4.2

24 29 Spencer (27) 3.9

25 21 Grimes (46) 3.8

26 36 Frost (11) 3.7

27 22 Michie (40) 3.6

28 28 Toumpas (29) 3.2

29 25 Stretch (34) 3.1

30 30 Jones (27) 3.0

31 27 Neal-Bullen (31) 2.8

32 33 Bail (16) 2.7

33 37 Kent (9) 2.3

34 35 Kennedy-Harris (12) 1.5

35 38 Riley (6) 1.5

While posters argue a bit on here DL's are quite astute on perception of player performance.

All those players have will be OOC this year or 2016.

So they need to do some work next year (if still on the list) to get contract renewals.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Amazing an award is named after Junior Mc Donald and not Robert Flower???

Say it aint so??

Therefore I award the Robert Flower "Selfless Player" award to

Angus Brayshaw

Nuff said!

Congratulations to Bernie Vince on a sensational year!

Amazing an award is named after Junior Mc Donald and not Robert Flower???

Say it aint so??

Therefore I award the Robert Flower "Selfless Player" award to

Angus Brayshaw

Nuff said!

Congratulations to Bernie Vince on a sensational year!

And we award the Tom Gillies "Rubbish Poster" award to you, picket. Congrats and enjoy your win!

• Like 5

Congrats to Bernie, I think he deserved the win, but delighted to see Viney poll so well. Between Top 5 finishes, Clubman of the Year and Leadership Awards, this kid is going to have a fair collection of club awards by the time he finishes. Let's hope he adds a premiership medal or two to go with them.

Club B&F's are different from media and Brownlow awards and the way votes are allocated. What I remember from last night is coaches vote and the maximum a player can get in a game is 40 votes, and the scale is from 1 to 10. Only players who deserve votes get them i.e. in some of the rounds where we got flogged on 3 players got votes whilst in another game I thought I counted 10 players who got votes. Coaches see the game differently to us and rank players on roles, performance etc.

From Roos speech and promise to the players and supporters he rates contested ball and being competitive highly. I am sure Peter Jackson said that it will be 2017 before we see the team introduce the attacking premiership winning game style but I may have mis interpreted his words.

That makes more sense to what I was thinking. I thought every player got a score from 10 from 4 vote givers, which would mean even an ordinary game might rack you up 15 points. But the fact you will get zilch for a poor/average game makes more sense.