Will Big Max re-sign?

Dees2014

Is there some reason to doubt that he will, other than the fact that he hasn't yet? Just wondering if I've missed something or if this is just the usual "how could anyone possibly love us?" self-flagellation type stuff.

• Like 3

Is there some reason to doubt that he will, other than the fact that he hasn't yet? Just wondering if I've missed something or if this is just the usual "how could anyone possibly love us?" self-flagellation type stuff.

Nah mate, this is "of course he will sign, he loves the club and its loyal supporters that stand by you through anything" self flagellation type stuff.

• Like 1

I heard Port went after Gawny last year before they targeted Ryder and he had no interest in leaving then. I can't see him leaving now. I'm sure the club has an offer in front of him but at the same time I don't begrudge Max from playing a big 5 weeks so he can then point to a sustained patch of form as a reason for a really good contract.

• Like 6

I heard Port went after Gawny last year before they targeted Ryder and he had no interest in leaving then. I can't see him leaving now. I'm sure the club has an offer in front of him but at the same time I don't begrudge Max from playing a big 5 weeks so he can then point to a sustained patch of form as a reason for a really good contract.

Not the only one with a deal in front of him from more than one club.

I imagine thered be some interesting negotiations going on, on length of contract and the $$

He will stay a Demon for sure but I dont blame him if hes trying to strike while the iron is hot, and on the other hand the club have to be smart about things

They will find common ground in the next couple of weeks you'd think... unless his manager is a troublemaker

I imagine thered be some interesting negotiations going on, on length of contract and the $$

He will stay a Demon for sure but I dont blame him if hes trying to strike while the iron is hot, and on the other hand the club have to be smart about things

They will find common ground in the next couple of weeks you'd think... unless his manager is a troublemaker

you mean there are other types of managers?

• Like 4

Max will re-sign. Just be patient.

7 years is pretty patient.

So sign the offer on the table Max!!!!

I reckon we should give him some of Dawes'$$$ too.

We need him to re-sign and draft another project ruckman - and I mean taller than the Max King variety, preferably another giant like Gawn if available.

Russian - almost gone

Spencil - persist

Fitz - persist

King - persist

And with his dirty smoking and spewing habits... He better :)

Perhaps his chunder all over Scully was an omen? I wonder if he blew smoke in his face too?

Edited by america de cali

We need him to re-sign and draft another project ruckman - and I mean taller than the Max King variety, preferably another giant like Gawn if available.

Russian - almost gone

Spencil - persist

Fitz - persist

King - persist

I would personally rather we try and recruit another mature ruck like Gorringe from GC, over keeping Spencer (contract depending).

• Like 1

Only reason why he is with us because of his company alongside Matt Jones building wooden furniture.. I think we now have to extend Matt's contract now if we want to keep Gawn :P

?? Must have missed something

At 208cm and 111kg (probably a bit heavier) he will need luck to escape the laws of physics re further wear and tear on his knees .

Sandi is 30 and has been a Premier Ruckman for the last 8 seasons. Just up to Gawny and the conditioners to manage him correctly

I'm a big fan of self-flagellation

• Like 1

I'm just glad the conservation has changed from should we keep Gawny to I hope he signs. It was only earlier this season that he was playing rubbish in the VFL! what a turnaround

his new wages are increasing each week so he'd be mad to rush signing. I am 100% confident he will sign, he loves the lads and the club.