Changes next week vs The Bears

dazzledavey36

Out: Howe (hopefully suspended), Dawes (Useless)

Ins: Grimes, Newton

Leaves us a bit short but dawes has provided nothing. Possibly Fitzpatrick in for stretch and play tmac forward.

Howe will, hopefully, be suspended. He won't be dropped by this coaching group so long as Roos is keeping his currency up.

He's playing the long-term gain to get a better return, but it's insulting and damaging to culture almost beyond repair.

Poor form.

• Like 3

I miss Pedobear. We looked far more dangerous forward with him.

And proves why he is so underated.. him and Hogan actually worked really well.

I would give him a 2 year deal. If they can give Terlich and Jones 2 year deals then surely pedo deserves a new deal.

• Like 3

Why? He should be dropped. If he's suspended it gives everyone a nice easy out.

But there's no way he should actually be suspended for a pretty standard tackle.

I disagree Howe should be dropped on today's form. He was far from our worst. But regardless, I find it poor for supporters to hope that one of our players gets suspended. (Particularly when the incident was a fair tackle.)

I haven't seen much of Brissie this year but I see it as a danger game. They have the wood over us in recent years, even in Victoria.

We must win next week and against St.Kilda. Winnable games, as today's was meant to be. 2/3 is not too bad a strike rate. 1/3 is unacceptable and 0/3 I don't even want to think about.

I like the idea of Fitzpatrick in for Dawes. At least now we know Fitzy and McDonald can play forward or back. Dawes is a forward only and a fairly useless one at that.

They can re-arrange some deckchairs amongst the smaller players if they like, but I'm not fazed.

Danger game? Are you kidding? What match isn't, well other than most of them which are certain losses?

• Like 2

Danger game? Are you kidding? What match isn't, well other than most of them which are certain losses?

Danger game implies we expect to win. That's a frankly ludicrous expectation. Brisbane will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of playing us. We are currently the most beatable team in the AFL, and everybody knows it. As for St. Kilda the week after, they will thump us.

• Like 2

The hatred directed towards Howe is baffling, yeah he had an average game but to be honest I thought he still did more second and third efforts than a lot of others in the team.

I don't think he'll be suspended, but then who knows with the MRP. I think the bigger problem involving Howe is our forward structure and ball movement. We seem to be creating too many clusters with no room for our forwards to lead and jump, the players aren't lowering the eyes and looking get the forwards leading to the ball.

I don't see there being massive wholesale changes, 4 last week was more than what I expected. I reckon one of Harms or Stretch will be sent back and maybe one or two more in there. They'd better bloody come out breathing fire and brimstone next week, it's the least us supporters deserve.

• Like 1

I haven't seen much of Brissie this year but I see it as a danger game. They have the wood over us in recent years, even in Victoria.

We must win next week and against St.Kilda. Winnable games, as today's was meant to be. 2/3 is not too bad a strike rate. 1/3 is unacceptable and 0/3 I don't even want to think about.

I like the idea of Fitzpatrick in for Dawes. At least now we know Fitzy and McDonald can play forward or back. Dawes is a forward only and a fairly useless one at that.

They can re-arrange some deckchairs amongst the smaller players if they like, but I'm not fazed.

hate to say it but it will be 0/3

• Like 1

If we lose to Brisbane, I'm smacking $100 down on us to finish last.

If we can't get up for that match, we won't win another one for the year.

Holy [censored], this is EXACTLY like last year.

have mercy on me, flogs, for I am lost.

• Like 3

Casey play tomorrow. Posting changes now is just silly.

You do realise you're not a selector and anything that gets decided in these BS threads won't actually happen don't you.

If we dish up what we did to Essendon, we might as well.. "Packer up boys" put everyone who needs it in surgery and play the kids and FCUK up another draft..

I would drop Dawes.. Didn't lay one tackle in a [censored] fight of a game.. Failed to do his job and kick set shots, he didn't want to be out there..

Howe (sounds like he is getting suspended)

Depending on form at Casey one of ANB Harmes or Stretch needs a spell.

Out Dawes Howe Stretch

In King Newton Grimes

I don't see how King could be any worse than Dawes atm.,

Fitzy back, Macca forward (after goal-kicking lessons)!

Out Dawes Howe Stretch

In King Newton Grimes

I don't see how King could be any worse than Dawes atm.,

As far as I'm aware, King is still a rookie. I assume you're saying that we can elevate him if we declare another on our list as a LTI?

The only reason ANB, Stretch or Harmes should be go back to Casey is if the coaches said...we will play you for X games then give you a 'recovery' game or 2 at Casey. ie # of sequential games played is part of their development.

No point having them in and out of the team like yo-yo's.

Its no way to build form or confidence or trust.

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with "shuffling deck chairs",players need experience and at the end of the day someone(x 10) is going to get chopped. Shuffling some positions might be worth a try one,T.Mac,Dunn,Galand Forward,Watts Ruck/Rover

(he's 196cm).Hogan in defence.Fitzy wing or full back(may not be srong enough),Jamar Ruck/Forward.Howe,Dawes,Cross to be rested.King and/or Hunt not yet ready should be given a go this year.Who else to bring in,usual the lucky draw

method.Still we need a Forward/Ruck,a Defender and a Mid. We need someone from another club to be the captain of the side like a Hodge.

Nothing wrong with "shuffling deck chairs",players need experience and at the end of the day someone(x 10) is going to get chopped. Shuffling some positions might be worth a try one,T.Mac,Dunn,Galand Forward,Watts Ruck/Rover

(he's 196cm).Hogan in defence.Fitzy wing or full back(may not be srong enough),Jamar Ruck/Forward.Howe,Dawes,Cross to be rested.King and/or Hunt not yet ready should be given a go this year.Who else to bring in,usual the lucky draw

method.Still we need a Forward/Ruck,a Defender and a Mid. We need someone from another club to be the captain of the side like a Hodge.

Hogan to defence, Hodge to captain us.

Interesting from ENYAW.

• Like 2

Footy is all about matchups and for this reason I would have played Fitzpatrick yesterday to line up on Daniher. It was an error at match selection.

But I wouldn't choose Fitzpatrick this week, because there's no obvious matchup. Brisbane don't have dominant tall forwards.

And I wouldn't choose Fitzpatrick just to release McDonald to the forward-line. An occasional foray forward is fine, especially when you can catch the opposition off guard, but he's a defender first and foremost; albeit one who leaves you with your heart in your mouth.

• Like 4

Footy is all about matchups and for this reason I would have played Fitzpatrick yesterday to line up on Daniher. It was an error at match selection.

But I wouldn't choose Fitzpatrick this week, because there's no obvious matchup. Brisbane don't have dominant tall forwards.

And I wouldn't choose Fitzpatrick just to release McDonald to the forward-line. An occasional foray forward is fine, especially when you can catch the opposition off guard, but he's a defender first and foremost; albeit one who leaves you with your heart in your mouth.

i actually suggested that he was the best match up for him and ridiculed by some posters. Well who is laughing now? Certainly not me, or you, but i'm sure Joe is.

• Like 1