Changes next week vs The Bears

dazzledavey36

Sorry but disagree. Whatever job he is supposably ment to be doing he is pretty [censored] at it.

He has been a major major disappointment. The quicker he is out of the side the better.

Adds nothing to this team.

100% correct

Hes a shocker

We've won 2 games without him this year, so I'm not convinced he's all that crucial to structure. That said, with Pedo injured, we may have little choice.

That said, by my logic, the argument could also be made we won without Hogan against Geelong, so...

Edited by Lamashtu

(Dawes)Played okay against the Cats.

Competes.

Chases.

Competes - but wins how often?

Chases - zero tackles in Saturday's debacle

Marks ?? Oh yeah - "brings the ball to ground" which is a poor man's consolation prize for a dropped mark.

Goals ??

Seriously, how many games can you remember where he had had 'a big influence'?

• Like 3

Played okay against the Cats.

Competes.

Chases.

Ok, well not really.

Competes, rarely brings the ball to ground and gets run off way too easily

Chases, can't catch

He's a liability 'jumbo', I would rather us go with Tommy Mc forward and bring in Fitz to play down back. Brisbane will kill us if Dawes plays

Played okay against the Cats.

Competes.

Chases.

Yep.

He's no world beater, but I reckon he does his job.

Can't say that for a few others.

i'm sorry, but he is our highest paid forward. Competing, and chasing is a nonnegotiable for every player on the ground. You know what his big job is:

TO KICK GOALS!!

Which at this point he is rarely doing. If he was a developing young forward perhaps he could get away with it, but he isn't. He is a 27 year old, 108 game, top paid forward who is failing to meet his main requirement.

• Like 3

i'm sorry, but he is our highest paid forward. Competing, and chasing is a nonnegotiable for every player on the ground. You know what his big job is:

TO KICK GOALS!!

Which at this point he is rarely doing. If he was a developing young forward perhaps he could get away with it, but he isn't. He is a 27 year old, 108 game, top paid forward who is failing to meet his main requirement.

The guy got towelled up by James Gwilt..

James guilt FFS!

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 6

These are good points. If they're just going to stand around, we should get Jeremy to just stand around at about 40m on the left half-forward flank boundary-line and Chris on the right (where they have each kicked them from before) to occupy two defenders and instruct them to spoil over the line for a forward stoppage if it comes their way and to then quickly drop a kick behind play.

It's actually astonishing that we don't already do this.

Why the hell are we $1.50 favourites to beat Brisbane? Going to put the house on Brisbane @ $2.40 and enjoy cocktails in the Bahamas from my winnings.

In - Fitzpatrick to take the resting ruck of Martin or Leuenberger,

Out - Any one of ANB, Stretch or Harmes.

Minimal changes as I have little faith in Michie, Bail, M Jones, Riley etc...

It's actually astonishing that we don't already do this.

Because our coaches seem to have no idea about how to play in the forward line

We are so predictable it drives fans crazy. Blind freddy can see the problems and they haven't ever been addressed.

Either the coaches are poor or our idiot players dont know how to play forward

They should sack anyone who bombs it in. We make it so easy to defend it's just a joke

Why the hell are we $1.50 favourites to beat Brisbane? Going to put the house on Brisbane @ $2.40 and enjoy cocktails in the Bahamas from my winnings.

In - Fitzpatrick to take the resting ruck of Martin or Leuenberger,

Out - Any one of ANB, Stretch or Harmes.

Minimal changes as I have little faith in Michie, Bail, M Jones, Riley etc...

What about Grimes?

Because our coaches seem to have no idea about how to play in the forward line

We are so predictable it drives fans crazy. Blind freddy can see the problems and they haven't ever been addressed.

Either the coaches are poor or our idiot players dont know how to play forward

They should sack anyone who bombs it in. We make it so easy to defend it's just a joke

It is hard to believe that a large team of coaches hasn't noticed what posters on Demonland have, and have no idea what to do about it. Must be more to it.

Ultimately there is little pressure on Roos because he has the money in the bag and an end date in sight. He won't be sacked.

There doesn't appear to be fire in his belly the way there was when he coached the Swans.

Just when you think someone's posted the stupidest post on Demonland we get yet another contender

• Like 1

But maybe not sacking our coach this time around is the key to finally breaking our Norm Smith Curse. Like in a Disney movie about redemption. Have we ever not sacked a coach since? I can't remember/(be arsed looking it up).

Certainly warrants a return.

He's actually been good in the 3 or 4 games he's played.

And unlike a lot of others we have in the team he can rack up 20+ possies quite easily and give us some run

Its a disgrace that Howe gets a gig ahead of him

Would like to see some ruck-coverage and hardened-mids come in to counter the Bears. But after two consecutive weeks lobbying for Fitzy’s inclusion, a surprising about-face from me for this weekend.

Jamar in for Dawes up forward as a stay at home and second-ruck chop out for Gawn. I feel he could offer the same if not more than Dawes currently is (five goals and five marks inside 50 for the season along with 14 tackles), and provides a certain variation in the second-ruck role over Spencer (as Brisbane has with their pair) .

Michie and Newton in for the kids (Stretch & Harmes) with ANB sliding to the vest for mid coverage or a potential small-forward swap-out option for JKH. My only concern is the potentially heavy legs from the Casey game.

Tyson to line up at the half-forward flank to rediscover his early longer distance goal-kicking form from last season (though he’s also been proving a bit of a sneak of late) and not have to worry too much about disposal efficiency or fighting his way out of packs.

FF Garlett Jamar JKH
HF Howe Hogan Tyson

C Watts Jones Brayshaw
RR Viney Gawn Vince

HB Lamumba TMac V’Burg

FB Jetta Dunn Garland

INT Cross Michie Newton

Sub ANB

IN: Michie Newton Jamar

OUT: Harmes Stretch Dawes

But maybe not sacking our coach this time around is the key to finally breaking our Norm Smith Curse. Like in a Disney movie about redemption. Have we ever not sacked a coach since? I can't remember/(be arsed looking it up).

Northey jumped ship of his own accord in 92 I believe and Barrassi excused himself in 85 I think. Otherwise, yes most were terminated.

I always personally thought Dennis Jones was a bit stiff, he could have been a legend given the chance, in the same mould as Murray Wiederman as a coach.

Dawes will play....no other choice.

If it was up to me he wouldn't and of course it's not.

I thought he was lucky to get the nod to come back against WC and didn't want him in but was pretty sure he would be selected all the same.

This time I think he will be a Casey or have a mystery injury.

I will be very surprised if Dawes lines up this week.

If it was up to me he wouldn't and of course it's not.

I thought he was lucky to get the nod to come back against WC and didn't want him in but was pretty sure he would be selected all the same.

This time I think he will be a Casey or have a mystery injury.

I will be very surprised if Dawes lines up this week.

I think he's still in the top 22, or bottom 6 - either way, there's not much excitement at Casey coming through.