• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes For Next Week

IN: Watts, ANB, Riley, McKenzie

OUT: Dawes, Salem, Bail, Stretch

On ANB: I know we want to pick players on repeated Casey form, but another historic way players get into teams is by back filling for injured players. We desperately need some speed as all of our pacey players have leg injuries. Apparently this kid has speed? And he just played a decent game at Casey? Give him a shot.

On McKenzie: Give the guy a specific tagging role.

On Watts: Do we want to kick a winning score? Then play Watts cos he is a deft touch who helps us score goals, even when his output is disappointing for someone his size/talent.

On Riley: Get him in the middle showing some strength and hunger.

On Dawes: Time for him to become a Casey regular.

On Bail: Toumpas is my pick to replace Salem for skillful kicking across half back. Bail goes to allow Riley in.

On Stretch: Good kid! Go back and find the pill for a bit.

Out: Dawes, Stretch, Salem, Toumpas, Howe, Spencer

In: Hogan, Viney, Jetta, ANB, Watts, Gawn

Updated now based on injury updates, Casey reports and stats and some re-think.

Out: Dawes, Stretch, Salem, Howe

In: Hogan, Riley, Newton, ANB

Brayshaw as sub. Spencer to get another go. Toumpas to play half back.

Toumpas could very well fill Salem's role. Time to show his wares.

Sorry Couldn't resist!

There was a Rolling Stones Album a long time ago called

"Beggars Banquet" the wares on that album told the whole story

I wonder if Jimmy's WARES are up to the challenge??

I rate ANB as a prospect but for christ sake keep the kid at casey, we're 7 games in and already going away from making players earn their spot

• Like 3

Dawes deserves one more game.

Spencer has had 7 years.

Dawes deserves dropping for running his mouth off alone and then backing it up with a pisspoor game.

He's out of touch and I don't think will regain any against the Dogs given how they're travelling.

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 1

I think you will find that Chris Dawes will be out with that Old Chestnut "General Soreness"

I watched him closely and I believe his Calf is still troubling him. If you look at his running style last week he definitely favours a leg!

I think Rest him and depending on circumstance he plays the following week!

• Like 1

lol

And you what did you think that we were on song, ready and up for a great season and the usual suspects were gong to perform ohhh yeh!

I think you will find that Chris Dawes will be out with that Old Chestnut "General Soreness"

I watched him closely and I believe his Calf is still troubling him. If you look at his running style last week he definitely favours a leg!

So you are saying then he can mark can jump and can catch the ball

I rate ANB as a prospect but for christ sake keep the kid at casey, we're 7 games in and already going away from making players earn their spot

Has been in the bests last 3 weeks. There are players not earning their spot and we are injury ravaged. Will he have earnt his spot any less than Brayshaw at the start of the year or Stretch last week?

Edited by big_red_fire_engine

He has been a liability this year every game he has played. If he had calf issues rest him but when he is ready it needs to be back through Casey.

Has been in the bests last 3 weeks. There are players not earning their spot and we are injury ravaged. Will he have earnt his spot any less than Brayshaw at the start of the year or Stretch last week?

He has been in the best once over the 3 weeks.

Another 4 weeks in the VFL will do him no harm.

True, but notwithstanding his first touch, Stretch has been well off the pace. I'm not all that sure being in the senior side is doing him or us any good. Gus has fallen away in the last couple of weeks as well.

Obviously ANB is not Stretch or Brayshaw and each case is different, but I would prefer to err on the side of not rushing these things.

• Like 4

It's a pretty good gauge of overall contribution, if a bit of a rough estimate.

In today's game where players play their role, their worth to the team isn't always reflected in dream team points. Jetta being a great example.

I think ANB is a good prospect but judging the televised game recently he looked like he needed time. He was a bit 2 touchy and his positioning needed work.

For his benefit I would rather see him making a real impact at Casey before he comes up. Brayshaw made a real impact in his pre season Casey games, ANB hasn't yet.

Having said that the competition is not great for places in the senior team at the moment.

M Jones, Bail, Michie and Toumpas are all midfielders...Rioli, Bruest, Litherland and Duryea are eithor forwards or defenders.

How can you call Bail, M Jones and Michie kids..?

Rioli plays as much through the middle as he does forward, Duryea is a midfielder, meanwhile Toumpas played half forward most of the day and Bail played back, forward and middle.

Point is, Hawthorn had fringe players having fringe impacts, just like us, but Hawthorn had solid contributions from its core players, we did not. I'm much more worried about the senior players than the fringe players or the kids. We can shuffle Bail, Michie, M Jones, Riley and McKenzie in and out of the side but that is a focus on the wrong part of the team.

• Like 3

Rioli plays as much through the middle as he does forward, Duryea is a midfielder, meanwhile Toumpas played half forward most of the day and Bail played back, forward and middle.

Point is, Hawthorn had fringe players having fringe impacts, just like us, but Hawthorn had solid contributions from its core players, we did not. I'm much more worried about the senior players than the fringe players or the kids. We can shuffle Bail, Michie, M Jones, Riley and McKenzie in and out of the side but that is a focus on the wrong part of the team.

The point is, that our midfield players don't find enough of the ball, probably because Bail, M Jones and Toumpas have been playing in the 2's this year and get thrown in against the two of the hardest teams in the competition Hawthorn and Sydney, did Paul really expect these guys to come back in the team and have a big impact on the game...I don't think so!

I would love to see the number of games played for our midfield compared to Fremantle, Sydney's and Hawthorns.

Misson says JKH is 2 weeks away, Viney out this week but should be back the game after

Does anyone know if Burgo has run over Dave Missons cat?

Poor old Burgo, it's a bit like pulling teeth interviewing that wet blanket.

• Like 2

Dawes will play.

100 percent...

Anyone wanna bet?

That's right, chicken shits.

C'mon, bet a buck! What's a buck?

Edit - motivated to write this after watching 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' for the gazillionth time.

Edited by jumbo returns
  • Like 1

Dawes will play.

100 percent...

Anyone wanna bet?

That's right, chicken shits.

C'mon, bet a buck! What's a buck?

Edit - motivated to right this after watching 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' for the gazillionth time.

I don't think you're 'write'.

• Like 2