• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes For Next Week

salem is a definite out. viney won't be back. frost or kent either. kennedy-harris unlikely, and jetta hopefully - his head knocks are a massive concern. hogan is all but confirmed as an in.

as disappointingly slow, timid and tentative as toumpas looks, salem's injury gives him an opportunity to cement a spot on half-back flank. howe and dawes - one has to go. mine is a vote for the latter, unfortunately. howe survives by the skin of his teeth, and gets an opportunity to play forward. ro bail is simply not up to it as an afl-level player. stretch ain't ready for afl-level intensity. watts shouldn't be a one week out / straight back in player. jamar / gawn aren't knocking the door down.

the cupboard is bare! i would say bring in neal-bullen but, like stretch, i just refuse to believe he's 'ready' for afl level intensity; it's no surprise that brayshaw and vadenberg are struggling - it's been a tough initiation into afl, just as it is for nearly every new player that we bring in.

I'm putting my hope in the bulldogs havering marked this in as a win already. Usually a common reason for mid tiered teams tripping up

IN: riley, newton, jetta

OUT: salem (inj.), dawes, stretch

riley and newton (did the latter even play in the vfl?)...it's deckchairs on the titanic stuff tbh. when mckenzie is one of our consistent vfl-level players we are in big, big trouble.

B: Jetta - Dunn - Garland

HB: Grimes - T. McDonald - Toumpas

C: Lumumba - N. Jones - Vince

HF: vandenBerg - Pedersen - Brayshaw

F: Howe - Hogan - Garlett

Foll: Spencer - Tyson - Cross

I/C: Michie - Riley - M. Jones

Sub: Newton

Emerg: Dawes - Gawn - McKenzie

footscray will run us off our legs - they're quick and hard at the ball. we are in big, big trouble up to the bye - footscray, port and collingwood all have superior kids and seniors.

salem is a definite out. viney won't be back. frost or kent either. kennedy-harris unlikely, and jetta hopefully - his head knocks are a massive concern. hogan is all but confirmed as an in.

as disappointingly slow, timid and tentative as toumpas looks, salem's injury gives him an opportunity to cement a spot on half-back flank. howe and dawes - one has to go. mine is a vote for the latter, unfortunately. howe survives by the skin of his teeth, and gets an opportunity to play forward. ro bail is simply not up to it as an afl-level player. stretch ain't ready for afl-level intensity. watts shouldn't be a one week out / straight back in player. jamar / gawn aren't knocking the door down.

the cupboard is bare! i would say bring in neal-bullen but, like stretch, i just refuse to believe he's 'ready' for afl level intensity; it's no surprise that brayshaw and vadenberg are struggling - it's been a tough initiation into afl, just as it is for nearly every new player that we bring in.

I'm putting my hope in the bulldogs havering marked this in as a win already. Usually a common reason for mid tiered teams tripping up

IN: riley, newton, jetta

OUT: salem (inj.), dawes, stretch

riley and newton (did the latter even play in the vfl?)...it's deckchairs on the titanic stuff tbh. when mckenzie is one of our consistent vfl-level players we are in big, big trouble.

B: Jetta - Dunn - Garland

HB: Grimes - T. McDonald - Toumpas

C: Lumumba - N. Jones - Vince

HF: vandenBerg - Pedersen - Brayshaw

F: Howe - Hogan - Garlett

Foll: Spencer - Tyson - Cross

I/C: Michie - Riley - M. Jones

Sub: Newton

Emerg: Dawes - Gawn - McKenzie

footscray will run us off our legs - they're quick and hard at the ball. we are in big, big trouble up to the bye - footscray, port and collingwood all have superior kids and seniors.

I'm putting my hope in bulldogs ticking this one in before we start, usually the reason mid level teams slip up

Spencer can not stay in the team. He is utterly useless.

Has to be Jamar or Gawn in, at least they can take a grab and kick a goal.

Hell id use Pedo as first ruck over Spencer

• Like 2

Hogan playing Dawes role, and Pederson playing Hogan role, Garlett in between them. It's not a bad set up. Defensive Fwd will be needed on Murphy, a smart player that we can go through on Turnover, Bernie Vince may be that man.

Judging by Roosy's press conference I think Dawes will be out this week and may need a couple of weeks to get himself fit (I'd rather that then him playing and getting 5 touches. With that in mind I'd like to see the following side this week:

B: Grimes Mcdonald Garland

HB: Vince Dunn Lumumba

C: Toumpas N. Jones Howe

HF: Brayshaw Hogan Watts

F: Garlett [Pedersen] VandenBerg

R: Jamar Tyson Cross

Int: M. Jones Newton Michie

S: Stretch

Outs: Dawes, Salem, Bail, Spencer

Ins: Watts, Newton, Jamar, Hogan

Thank goodness, your no longer wanted

You're. Taking the pizz. I will be there early because the women folk are playing as well. Two wins on the one day. Will take that anyday.

• Like 1

I'm putting my hope in bulldogs ticking this one in before we start, usually the reason mid level teams slip up

Might have learned a lesson from the St Kilda game in this regard. We will give them a run for their money.

Spencer can not stay in the team. He is utterly useless.

Has to be Jamar or Gawn in, at least they can take a grab and kick a goal.

Hell id use Pedo as first ruck over Spencer

Spencer will dominate. Have you seen Deuce Cordy, now he is useless.

James Harmes might be a sneaky chance to debut vs Dogs?

Isn't he a rookie?

Time you tried a new team. We don't need your negative ignorance. If you don't want another team try soccer

Are you speaking for everyone or just yourself?

Ed: great to see you back and adding your valuable contributions.

Edited by McQueen

I wouldn't bring Watts back. He needs another week, Cant tell me he feels right after 1 week. Does anyone else think watts may have dropped himself because we were playing hawthorn? We know Jack hasnt been in great form and he admits that, but maybe after seeing what hawthorn did to nth in the physicality department he didnt want to face them. Plus he is probably sick of the scrutiny which I don't blame him for.

Anyway if Dawes isnt fit then Hogan is the obvious replacement and Id bring in Maxy or Jamar for Spencer.

Bit worried about Nev missing another week with concussion.

Why not?

Are we trying to win games or in some sort of a rebuild...? Brayshaw, Hogan, Stretch, Vandenberg....

I don't think we can really afford to have a player on debut who will have a limited impact on the game.

Are we trying to win games or in some sort of a rebuild...? Brayshaw, Hogan, Stretch, Vandenberg....

I don't think we can really afford to have a player on debut who will have a limited impact on the game.

Who says he will have a limited impact?

If hes ready, hes ready. Hes been in good form at Casey.

Every player needs to debut at some stage. Would rather Harmes than Bail or M Jones

Dawes will play.

100 percent...

Anyone wanna bet?

That's right, chicken shits.

C'mon, bet a buck! What's a buck?

Edit - motivated to write this after watching 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' for the gazillionth time.

If Dawes plays with Pedo and Hogan we might as well throw the towel in now

Who says he will have a limited impact?

If hes ready, hes ready. Hes been in good form at Casey.

Every player needs to debut at some stage. Would rather Harmes than Bail or M Jones

Its a really bad sign to be making so many changes each week, it shows our weekness. We need to get a lineup and stick with that team so they can get used to playing with each other.

Hardly any of the team has actually played a game of football with Harmes and so there will be mistakes come game day due to this, all I'm saying is we need to bounce back due to the last 3 performances, it's not a time to have anyone on debut.

'rp', I know you are looking at Dawes as a role player and for his value to our structure but I think his form is not good enough for him to hold a spot for that reason alone.

Maybe Peders will take that role, not a great choice at the moment and I would much rather see Frost running around. At least he can catch someone and the stay caught.

Dawes needs to be played into form.

start Dawes at CHF.

Have Hogan & [Pedersen] starting deep, pushing hard up behind Dawes's vacuum. Dawes has pushed up thru the midfield, & Hogan & Pedo' rotating position thru inside the 90Mtrs.

Have the quick smalls play spontaneously when we have the pill in possession. give them license when we're in control.

Pedo takes 2nd ruck options.

all sounds easy, but we are still light for creativity & speed.

Edited by dee-luded

Spencer will dominate. Have you seen Deuce Cordy, now he is useless.

is he that bad?

maybe its time for King to debutante`. deuce corduroy can win the hitouts & throw his mids off kilter.... in fact lets play Hogan & Dawes down back, & put TMac at CHF, with Garland on a f/flank, & Grimes in the mids, run with Wallis, or other.