THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

So the drugs were bad when they were allegedly at melbourne but at essendon they were just vitamins and fine.

Ffs

No they were exactly the same, just no records of what and "only" 12 Melb players. No note of how many are still on the list etc. No massive media campaign in or favour to support us.

If we are talking literature, for mine it has to be Moby Dick. A sea captain with an obsession drags a crew of inspired misfits along with him to wild adventures on the far-flung ocean. Gradually it becomes clear to the crew that the captain is insane, and is a danger to them all. However, once they realise this, there are in the middle of nowhere, and get sucked into an almighty battle which they cannot win. The captain remains obsessed to the last, even once the ship is destroyed, and he and all the crew are drowned. Slam dunk to the white whale!

• Like 4

If we are talking literature, for mine it has to be Moby Dick. A sea captain with an obsession drags a crew of inspired misfits along with him to wild adventures on the far-flung ocean. Gradually it becomes clear to the crew that the captain is insane, and is a danger to them all. However, once they realise this, there are in the middle of nowhere, and get sucked into an almighty battle which they cannot win. The captain remains obsessed to the last, even once the ship is destroyed, and he and all the crew are drowned. Slam dunk to the white whale!

Nice work. But who do you see as the white whale? WADA? The football loving public?

Personally, I see elements of Heart of Darkness with the good ship Essendon being sucked into the deepest and darkest of locations culminating in "The horror, the horror".

PS Mark Robinson sure ain't Joseph Conrad or Hermann Melville.

Difference between Essendon and Melbourne re: Dank

We fired Dr Dan Bates immediately.

Hird is still at Essendope 3 years later.

And more importantly Doc Reid, and we followed WADA protocols and kept complete records which were made available to the authorities, and were cleared of all wrong-doing. There is no comparison between the two situations. They are desperately trying to deflect blame - including Dank. Can't wait to see what he says under oath, and be cross examined by a skilled, fully briefed counsel with high levels of expertise in this field. He (the barrister) will have a field day. The only danger is if he is silly enough, or desperate enough, to lie under oath, in which case he could be in even greater trouble than he is at the moment if that were possible Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 3

And more importantly Doc Reid, and we followed WADA protocols and kept complete records which were made available to the authorities, and were cleared of all wrong-doing. There is no comparison between the two situations. They are desperately trying to deflect blame - including Dank. Can't wait to see what he says under oath, and be cross examined by a skilled, fully briefed counsel with high levels of expertise in this field. He (the barrister) will have a field day. The only danger is if he is silly enough, or desperate enough, to lie under oath, in which case he could be in even greater trouble than he is at the moment if that were possible

Watch the bummers faithful, and compliant media try to use this to somehow make themselves look innocent.

"The illegal drugs were sent to the Dees, and we got the thymomodulin. See, we are INNOCENT!!!,"

Damn, 180 pages.

Those pages in the AFL Tribunal judgement are well worth reading to provide an insight on the lengths to which the Tribunal went to satisfy itself that it wasn't comfortably satisfied that the 34 players had committed an offence.

With a de novo hearing at CAS and the rightful application of the burden of proof, there is every chance that the outcome will be different this time.

Reading the decision convinced me (if I needed convincing after all this time) that the 34 in all probability ingested TB4 and a range of other concoctions that have no place in a properly designed supplements programme for sportspeople.

• Like 4

I think its great that Dank and Hird tried to drop us in the [censored] last night, and yet everyone is just rolling their eyes at the 'news'

When you lie for long and lose the respect of everyone, nobody cares what you say

Long live the MFC

Except the Herald Sun

Except the Herald Sun

There's a lot of self-righteous indignation within the Essendon camp about the leaking of information but it seems to me that the most prolific leaking is coming from the mischief makers in the Bomber camp directly to the Herald Sun which is recycling tired old discredited stories to distract attention from the mess that the club's doping programme has created. Hence, they deserve all they're about to get.

What they're doing is damaging their own club and adding to the woes of the 34 players. Before this is out, their names will surely be leaked out as well and even if all or a majority of them either escape sanctions or end up missing minimal game time, their reputations will be tarnished forever. Hird's has already suffered immeasurable damage (you only need to hear what his peers in the AFL community say in private) and the club is in a real hole because it's not really in a position where it can start afresh as Carlton can when it appoints its new coach at the end of the season.

• Like 6

Nice work. But who do you see as the white whale? WADA? The football loving public?

Personally, I see elements of Heart of Darkness with the good ship Essendon being sucked into the deepest and darkest of locations culminating in "The horror, the horror".

PS Mark Robinson sure ain't Joseph Conrad or Hermann Melville.

That's a good one. Reminds me "Apocalypse now" when the WADA investigator finally gets up river to the camp of Colonel Hirdz and meets a mentally unbalanced journalist who proceeds to say ...

"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Coach. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say hello to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say do you know that if is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you -- I mean I'm no, I can't -- I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's, he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas -- I mean --"

(It works very well if you have a "Robbo" voice in your head saying that.)

• Like 2

This comparison of the current positions of Cronulla and EFC, one club which put its hand up and one which hired a zilion lawyers instead, should be thought provoking for the remaining Hird worshippers.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/08/11/cronulla-flying-bombers-drown/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150812%20The%20New%20Daily%20%281%29&utm_content=&spMailingID=23239456&spUserID=MTAyNjUwMzI2MzU2S0&spJobID=621037777&spReportId=NjIxMDM3Nzc3S0

Edited by sue

There is certainly a logical disconnect in the naming of other clubs Dank has been to.

Geelong: Dank won them a flag on the back of drugs.

GC: drugs everywhere but the AFL won't investigate because they know what they'll find!

Cronulla: cocktails of bad drugs and they went down in the end.

Essendon: administered only vitamins and "good" versions of substances.

Melbourne: 12 players drugged up!

Spot the odd one out.

Someone somewhere is lashing out and spreading grapeshot. Who and for what purpose one can only guess.

http://www.news.com.au/national/stephen-dank-claims-he-had-a-hand-in-melbournes-supplements-program/story-e6frfkp9-1227479399698

Gawd, I hope these claims live up to the usual standards of Dank truthiness.

I think based on our performance there is a good case for seeking a refund.

• Like 5

Steven Dank is a dog of the highest order, not content with ruining the integrity of Essendon he's now spoken out to push further investigation on Melbourne and Geelong (who were investigated initially and cleared) just because he can. What benefit does he get from telling the world this new stuff? It's an ego trip and he is a vindictive dog for doing it.

We were cleared and now he wants to try to initiate a further investigation, why?

"STEPHEN Dank has claimed he helped access drugs to be used by up to 12 Melbourne players in 2012. The injection of drugs took place between November 2012 and late January 2013, just months after Dank was sacked by Essendon."