Melbourne v Fremantle @ Fremantle Oval - 5th March, 2015

I'm leaving work in Perth early on Thursday to drive to Freo oval.

Anyone else making the trip?

Cant wait!!!

Will Hogan play?

Can yo pick me up at the G on the way?

• Like 9

Yeah.... but what about when we win? I friggin love this place after a win.

Thursday can go one of two ways - a victory that will give the optimists a hard on and the pessimists a meagre smile, or a loss that will give the pessimists what they want and the optimists will just claim it's NAB Challenge and it will be all good once the real stuff starts.

• Like 4

May the football gods look down on us and protect thou who wear the red and blue.

Not but seriously looking forward to seeing Lumumba, Garlett, Hogan, hope Brayshaw gets a start but more importantly no injuries.

Edited by ashdemons22
  • Like 3

After we lose wait for the wrist slashing on the site!

I expect to lose but not because we are bad, I have been told by a few in the know they are flying and as opposed to last season Freo are hoping to hit the season proper in similar fashion to the way Hawthorn started last season with a view of rotating and freshening up some players mid season and hit the end of the season like 2013 fresh and ready for a big tilt.

Taking that into account with their focus being on Round 1 I expect them to be making some early statements. Very good test for our boys

I expect Hogan to be reported as wishing to come home by local media whether he fires or not.

I expect Freo to come out soft for this early game as they have repeatedly been 2 games stuffed by end of September.

I reckon we might be up and about.

Thursday can go one of two ways - a victory that will give the optimists a hard on and the pessimists a meagre smile, or a loss that will give the pessimists what they want and the optimists will just claim it's NAB Challenge and it will be all good once the real stuff starts.

Or it could be draw....

The aim of NAB matches is for teams to work on their structures &game plans and implement some of the plays they have been working on. It's a time for coaches to experiment to get some sense of how far the boys have progressed and likely line-up for the early matches. I am looking to see improvment as well as future potential. Do we have greater depth, is our ball movement quicker, do we have a forward line that can kick goals A win is a bonus but really the NAB must be seen for what it is. And I always hope like hell we get no serious injuries.

• Like 2

If you offered me a 8 goal loss BUT no injuries right now, I'd consider taking it. An 8 goal win but ONE random injury? Probably not.

The Dogs may have beaten Richmond on the scoreboard, but they were the massive losers over the weekend.

Let's hope we can get out of Perth unscathed. We've had some pretty bad luck in recent years (Jurrah's shoulder, Morton going down when he was good, Hogan, Petracca already this year...)

I'll be heading down on Thursday to watch us absolutely pants this bunch of floggers. I hold the Fremantle footy club in as much contempt as the Pies. I reckon we'll go well and shock the football public with a dominant 10 goal win.

But realistically, I'd be happy if we can show some attacking footy, clean disposal and real pressure tackling. More of last years defensively minded rubbish will be a major disappointment.

The team are also having a short 1 hour training run at Fremantle oval on Wednesday which I'll sneak down to as its only 20 minutes from the office. It there's anything worth reporting I'll jot some notes for my fellow desperadoes.

• Like 11

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ALAS SPRINGS by Whispering Jack

I got the word on Saturday from someone who knows someone inside the Fremantle camp that the Dockers were pumped and supremely confident about getting the W the next day against Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park in the red heart of the country. I was informed that the Dockers were extremely confident for a number of reasons. They had beaten the Demons on their home territory at the MCG at their last two meetings so they didn’t see beating them at Alice Springs as a problem. They belie

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demons head back to Melbourne after an embarrassing loss to the Dockers to take on the Magpies at the MCG on Kings Birthday. With a calf injury to Lachie Hunter and Jacob van Rooyen possibly returning from injury who comes in and who goes out?  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 502

PODCAST: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 3rd June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons embarrasing loss to Fremantle in Alice Springs. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 59

VOTES: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the embarrassing loss against the Dockers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons were blown out of the water and were absolutely embarrassing against the Fremantle Dockers in Alice Springs ultimately going down by 92 points and getting bundled out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 589

GAMEDAY: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons and the Dockers meet on halfway on neutral territory in the heart of the country in Alice Springs and the Dees need to win to hold onto a place in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 772
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!