Sanderson Sacked!

dazzledavey36

Sanderson's match day coaching left a bit to be desired at times, it seems the senior players where not happy and the club have come in and made a decision.

They knew that Danger and other senior players were getting itchy feet and couldn't let them leave the club. They may well have made the best decision in the interests of their club.

I would be surprised if Goodwin is not the next senior coach, the other stuff going on around them at the moment is just a sham.

There'll be more to this than has gotten out so far I have no doubt.

Tip of iceberg ......

The real downside for Melbourne is that where we might have already staked out some claims/trades with respect to Adelaide, it now seems that the new broom has swept all that aside.

It will take them some time to "get their act together" again, and try to understand what the new coach's needs/desires will be.

Similar thing happened to us when Wallace took over at Footscray when we had a deal to get Rohan Smith. All talks get squashed and we are the ones who finish up going back to the drawing board!

• Like 3

The article is certainly interesting, especially considering it stated that both parties felt the need to part ways.

I'm curious if our rumoured offer for Dangerfield (pick 2 and Trengove) had anything to do with this being Adelaide's star player and an offer almost never seen before.

The thing I will say is I felt that Sanderson never left his mark on Adelaide, they didn't have an identifiable style, besides just contested ball.

he did have a tough run though, salary cap issues, banned from drafts

Tippett saga

Tex injured

now it seems the risk of losing players has forced their hand

Sanderson got Roo-ted

He has the best winning ratio of Crows coaches apparently but he didnt fit the 'club" or rather the club within the club

The ferals are feeding !!

• Like 3

Stupid decision he is the scapegoat for the clubs poor decisions, they were a kick away from a grand final berth he lost tippet and walker all last year, had no good draft picks because of the tippet saga and was forced to trade players like Bernie Vince to get back in the draft all stuff out of his control, a massive knee jerk reaction

Also lost Gunston, Bok and Davis just before he began.

The thing I will say is I felt that Sanderson never left his mark on Adelaide, they didn't have an identifiable style, besides just contested ball.

he did have a tough run though, salary cap issues, banned from drafts

Tippett saga

Tex injured

now it seems the risk of losing players has forced their hand

They also lost to us this year, and we are [censored] [censored].

Surprised no one has asked the question, but is he an option as successor? First year was excellent, and comes from the Geelong system. Probably not to be honest, but just throwing it out there.

Very surprised though, didn't see this coming at all.

Edited by Pates

They also lost to us this year, and we are [censored] [censored].

We had moments of 'decent footy" they struck one

Very surprised though, didn't see this coming at all.

Love how that dimwit Barrett didn't either. Let's hear the excuses he comes up with tomorrow night as to why he had no idea! Pathetic excuse for a journalist. The buffoon is probably still too busy sooking over how his love-child Fyfe got suspended, whilst the anti-christ (Jack) got off.

Love how that dimwit Barrett didn't either. Let's hear the excuses he comes up with tomorrow night as to why he had no idea! Pathetic excuse for a journalist. The buffoon is probably still too busy sooking over how his love-child Fyfe got suspended, whilst the anti-christ (Jack) got off.

1298_longbow.gif?1219136663

• Like 2

Quite the compliment, not 'fitting with the club' when that club has been an administrative and list management shambles.

Shot repeatedly in the face by the expansion clubs, then shot themselves in the foot with the idiotic Tippett saga.

Got to wonder if Sanderson has actually been getting a lot more out of the team than circumstances would suggest.

Adelaide could be the new Richmond...

• Like 1

I remember when it was Neeld ,Sando McCartney starting as newbies in 2012?

Seems like that crop are all heading for the scrap heap.

The players seem to be calling the shots now.

Roos demanding 1.5 mill was his way of restoring some hierarchy into this madness.

At least the coach is earning more than the players at our little club.(and the big dollar KPPs have gone)

Theirs is now officially in a spiral.

The dogs will follow.

GWS boys will all be off.

We just need to keep our sh!t together and get to a functioning level.

• Like 3

Sanderson's match day coaching left a bit to be desired at times, it seems the senior players where not happy and the club have come in and made a decision.

They knew that Danger and other senior players were getting itchy feet and couldn't let them leave the club. They may well have made the best decision in the interests of their club.

I would be surprised if Goodwin is not the next senior coach, the other stuff going on around them at the moment is just a sham.

Plausible but conjectural.

3AW just quoted Danger recently stating that he would stay at Adelaide 'as long as Sando was the coach'.

Someone said on SEN that Goodwin's manager has stated that he isnt interested in the Adelaide job.

Neither of these observations are clear facts but both cast enough doubt on assertions.