• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

There's a lot of emotion floating around this thread and clearly, many are hurt by the fact that Clark is seeking to play the rest of his career elsewhere. I must admit that when I first heard the news, I wasn't particularly impressed but I really believe we should follow the dictum of our coach on this and not look back. If the club acted with emotion on this particular issue, then it would be taking its eyes off the ball, earn a poor reputation on the important issue of player welfare which should always be paramount at a club and possibly miss out on future opportunities. I'm sure that if Clark is definitely and finally out of the equation, then Roosy is already looking at what we as a club will get in to replace him.

You only have to look at what ego and emotions are doing to the Essendon Football Club at the moment. Little and Hird continue to ramble on about the players but their actions are all about themselves. They've shafted their players and in doing so are bringing down the entire club.

Always act with your head, not your heart.

There is a lot of emotion about this 'Jack' and I appreciate that wiser heads at the club will do what's best.

The issue I really have is Clark using depression as a tool to get what he wants. His actions are making a mockery of others that are suffering.

• Like 3

What is really depressing is reading posts where posters are wishing physical harm on someone. That is just pathetic.

I would venture to say that not one poster on here, including GNF, knows the whole truth about this situation.

We seem to have a lynch mob mentality on here over this issue.

How about people grow up and stop their own disgusting behaviour and let the issue play out to its conclusion.

Then we might get an inside into the truth.

• Like 5

As furious as I am with the disdain with which he has treated the club and supporters I am just as furious with the club (namely Mahoney it would seem) who didn't put any clauses in the separation agreement to mitigate against these kinds of circumstances. It is an amateur action of an amateur organisation and leaves me unconvinced that this club will find its backbone under this admin.

You know then for sure that there is no such clause or AFL rule that permits MFC to hold enough cards to be able to do a trade, or similar? We can't force him to play for us, but given what little we actually know, I'd say we shouldn't lose our tempers just yet. I trust Team Roos to get the best out of this for our club.

What is really depressing is reading posts where posters are wishing physical harm on someone. That is just pathetic.

I would venture to say that not one poster on here, including GNF, knows the whole truth about this situation.

We seem to have a lynch mob mentality on here over this issue.

How about people grow up and stop their own disgusting behaviour and let the issue play out to its conclusion.

Then we might get an inside into the truth.

I hope you weren't referring to me, I was simply putting forward a possible scenario.

There is a lot of emotion about this 'Jack' and I appreciate that wiser heads at the club will do what's best.

The issue I really have is Clark using depression as a tool to get what he wants. His actions are making a mockery of others that are suffering.

Really none of it matters.

A pragmatic approach is required and it presents as an opportunity to improve our list. We are in no position to allow an opportunity to pass.

I hope you weren't referring to me, I was simply putting forward a possible scenario.

I was referring to those who want him physically harmed. Those who want blood.

I can honestly say that if he has done the wrong thing by us and leaves, I would not be unhappy if the Pies get no value from him, but I don't wish him to break his leg or get run over by a bus.

• Like 3

Really none of it matters.

A pragmatic approach is required and it presents as an opportunity to improve our list. We are in no position to allow an opportunity to pass.

Well, sorry mate but it does matter to those who are suffering.

It just occurred to me and may have been mentioned earlier. Roos has been i a similar situation before and again with Collingwood. Darren Jolly requested a trade back to Victoria from the Swans for family reasons which was granted with Roos blessing. History shows that Mrs Jolly suffered post natal depression and Sydney did the right thing. What compensation did Sydney get from the Pies for a premiership ruckman? I always thought Roos was most reasonable and understanding of Jolly's plight as he has here with Mitch and lets move on building a better forward line.

It just occurred to me and may have been mentioned earlier. Roos has been i a similar situation before and again with Collingwood. Darren Jolly requested a trade back to Victoria from the Swans for family reasons which was granted with Roos blessing. History shows that Mrs Jolly suffered post natal depression and Sydney did the right thing. What compensation did Sydney get from the Pies for a premiership ruckman? I always thought Roos was most reasonable and understanding of Jolly's plight as he has here with Mitch and lets move on building a better forward line.

They got a 1st round pick.

• Like 1

Having watched Mrs Jolly on TV recently, I'm surprised Darren (or Dazza as she calls him), didn't ask for a trade to get away from her.

Sorry, totally off topic but those two are the definition of self rightious cry babies!

• Like 8

Fascinating radio doco on ABC 1026 about the efc saga with Tracy Holmes. Just interviewed Hardie who is adamant judgement is 100% wrong and that third must appeal and he thinks he will not just for his own rep but for all athletes in oz!

Yeah missed the point.

We have a player that doesn't want to play for us who has some value. Hows, whys and wherefores are meaningless. Hand wringing, moaning and rasing fists do nothing for our club. We need to obtain the best possible result for our football club and improve our list.

Your idea of taking some sort of moral stance and allowing the player to walk for nothing is stupid.

• Like 1

Fascinating radio doco on ABC 1026 about the efc saga with Tracy Holmes. Just interviewed Hardie who is adamant judgement is 100% wrong and that third must appeal and he thinks he will not just for his own rep but for all athletes in oz!

This is about MC is it?

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34746-bombers-charged-and-redacted/?view=getnewpost

^ this thread says hi.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

Yeah missed the point.

We have a player that doesn't want to play for us who has some value. Hows, whys and wherefores are meaningless. Hand wringing, moaning and rasing fists do nothing for our club. We need to obtain the best possible result for our football club and improve our list.

Your idea of taking some sort of moral stance and allowing the player to walk for nothing is stupid.

...no, I haven't missed your point at all. In fact if you read the post you have quoted I agree with you. I think the club will work to get the best value they can for Clark but it may not be with Collingwood.

The point I was making is I'm really angry (the emotional component that is not just about Clark going to another club) at Clark for hijacking depression to help him get what he wants. I think this is poor form and hurts others who have problems with the illness.

• Like 1

Look forward to watching MC on Open Mike eventually.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the general public will have no idea what has been going on over the last X amount of months while he is still playing. Will be interesting to hear it from the horses mouth down the track. Depression yes, willing to bare the pressure of being labelled a 'traitor' by not only melbourne fans but the majority of the AFL, mm something doesn't add up.

• Like 1

There's a lot of emotion floating around this thread and clearly, many are hurt by the fact that Clark is seeking to play the rest of his career elsewhere. I must admit that when I first heard the news, I wasn't particularly impressed but I really believe we should follow the dictum of our coach on this and not look back. If the club acted with emotion on this particular issue, then it would be taking its eyes off the ball, earn a poor reputation on the important issue of player welfare which should always be paramount at a club and possibly miss out on future opportunities. I'm sure that if Clark is definitely and finally out of the equation, then Roosy is already looking at what we as a club will get in to replace him.

You only have to look at what ego and emotions are doing to the Essendon Football Club at the moment. Little and Hird continue to ramble on about the players but their actions are all about themselves. They've shafted their players and in doing so are bringing down the entire club.

Always act with your head, not your heart.

If we did that Jack, Melbourne would be very short of supporters!

• Like 1

I wish Mitch every happiness in life as I do for most humans on the planet.

That doesn't extend to Mitch having a great year at collingwood kicking 60 plus and leading the way to finals.

I really hope he stays with the dees and gives it another crack If he heads elsewhere on a sporting level I would rather see him fail .

Bitter eh .

I will be disappointed in the dees and Mitch if the club said no to him and he kicks on elsewhere.

But again I wish Mitch every happiness in life . almost.

• Like 1

Abso-[censored]-utely it does.

The way that he conducted himself when retiring was exemplary at face value. He admitted he was mentally ill and people really got behind him. In football, which is more of a "harden up" game than an "r u ok" one - this was massive.

Massive for depression sufferers, massive for players who may be too afraid to speak up. Massive for anyone who was suffering in this country to see such a great reaction to a player admitting he was sick.

Now, people will be more afraid to speak up. More afraid of being ridiculed or accused of making it up. What a joke.

• Like 2

If we did that Jack, Melbourne would be very short of supporters!

Gee I wish I'd done that myself a few more times in my life!

I wish Mitch every happiness in life as I do for most humans on the planet.

That doesn't extend to Mitch having a great year at collingwood kicking 60 plus and leading the way to finals.

I really hope he stays with the dees and gives it another crack If he heads elsewhere on a sporting level I would rather see him fail .

Bitter eh .

I will be disappointed in the dees and Mitch if the club said no to him and he kicks on elsewhere.

But again I wish Mitch every happiness in life . almost.

Yes. At the end of the day I wish all the very best in the future....healthwise for MC, as that is what is important. However hopefully the rest of his footy career (if any) stinks.

• Like 1

I stated a while back that I believe Clark is gone ! I will no longer call him Mitch because that was a term of Endearment that most supporters used when describing him

In my opinion no such endearment currently exists

Okay Clark needs to move on . He needs a new Enviroment and supposedly with less stress and angst as these are major concerns for those with depression (at least to my knowledge).

Yet all the talk at the moment is about Clark, Buckley, Collingwood and a trade for Harry Obrien (Heritier Lumumba)

Moving to Collingwood training at the Westpack centre possibly sharing the same car park Melbourne players do with us training at AAMI stadium , yep thats a big change in ones Environment physically.

If he is talking about a change of Environment as far as clubs are concerned , he is looking at going to Collingwood for Godsake.

Leaving the MFC who as far as we all know have done everything in their power to help him and moving to Collingwood is supposedly Positive move how?

Then there are the money issues that are supposedly being thrown around , I know Doctors can be expensive but ?

Last but not Least I can just see Eddie McQuire coming out and saying how Nuturing and understanding the Collingwood football club is . In fact they are already looking at appointing Joffa as Clarks personal attachee .

I feel like I am going to be Violently ill .

The First Game Melbourne plays Collingwood in, I will be there if Clark plays with a bag of Peanuts to Give to him

I am sure he will appreciate the gesture and it wont be too damaging to his Psyche .

Because one thing is for sure he will get a lot worse from the Football Public should he actually do what he is looking to do .

Depression or no Depression he will be stepping back into the lions den .

If Clarkes Diagnosis is depression I would love to see his doctor quantify this decision publicly on how this is could possibly be positive for Clark in dealing with said illness.

Edited by Demon Stalwart
  • Like 1