Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Depression is a very complex illness. No doubt a combination of factors including environment and situation are involved.

For the depressed person the situation can seem much worse than others may see it. Im also an RN Jane02 and I also have depression fork. Its a bit hard for us to judge Mitch's situation. At least these days depression is hopefully better understood in the community. I would not be looking at Mitch as the poster boy for depression. All we can do is see how this all plays out.

• Like 1

I don't feel sorry for myself in the slightest. What gave you that impression? A nurse blurting on about depression, without having experienced it, is rather like a travel agent recommending a holiday to a destination they've never been to.

I'm not acting the expert mate, merely asking the so-called one into line. As an experienced trained professional she knows she is going against the advice she would offer her very own patients.

I will blurt on about it mate from first hand experience, I don't think he is handling this in the right way at all.

As supporters we have endured years of uncompetitive rubbish with arguably our best player out injured and then with mental health issues. We hear he is looking to be a reasonable chance to return to football only to find it won't be with us. Supporters have every right to be filthy at these circumstances without jnowing the layers. At the moment I'm angry at the game and I can understand the temptation to direct anger towards MC but without all of the facts I don't think we should attack MC's character.

I will blurt on about it mate from first hand experience, I don't think he is handling this in the right way at all.

I agree wholeheartedly, he's made a meal of it. But any suggestion this has been a conspiracy to leave us to get somewhere else is absurd in the extreme.

I'm obviously touchy about the subject and for that I apologise. It's amazing how defensive others get as well, when an informed opinion gets online and opens up. Being called an expert, just because I might possibly identify with this issue more closely than others, is tall poppy syndrome gone mad. Seems the only thing you can have a strong opinion upon around here is footy.

Well as someone with such vast experience surely you would recognise how pivotal the issue of environment is. So why on earth would you expect any different from Mitch to your other patients? Don't let you passion for football cloud you professional judgement Jane. I apologise for being rude but there are far too many people on here with no thought to the very real struggle many people, including Mitch, have with depression.

Having depression doesn't give you the right to be immoral. Change of environment my arse he's moving a couple of hundred metres and still doing exactly the same job. IMO the club makes a stand and either trades him to the highest bidder or sends him to the draft.

• Like 13

I am being truthful. Others negligent. You choose.

No, you are being belligerent. Jane gave her view, which you consider incorrect, and you shouted her down.

The travel agent analogy belittles the importance of depression.

You seem to know what's right for you (it's obviously working well), but don't dismiss the view of others, particularly if they have worked in the field for 30 yrs.

• Like 2

If his docs have advised MC that for his health he need a changed environment its a bit rich that he might go to a club a half decent torpedo away. AAMI park is literally next door to Westpac centre and he will be running into dees players all the time. For petes sake they'll share a car park!

Song if you could get me a gif of the scene from Repo Man (an underrated classic film) where one of the repo men say something along the lines of "i call [censored] on that" it would be greatly appreciated.

Please..... Everybody just take a deep breath or 10. Nobody really knows what is being orchestrated from either side. We'll just have to wait and see what comes out in the wash. It seems quite obvious after Buckleys comments that he is gone so lets just get the best we can out of it and move on.

This thread is moving into a very grey (and dark) area.

Let's just trust Roos and Co. to deliver the goods.

Mitch can do whatever he likes once a deal is brokered.

Sayonara and onwards and upwards to us.

Go the mighty Demons for 2015 and beyond!!!

• Like 1

Having depression doesn't give you the right to be immoral. Change of environment my arse he's moving a couple of hundred metres and still doing exactly the same job. IMO the club makes a stand and either trades him to the highest bidder or sends him to the draft.

I agree with this 'Pennant', I really think he has used depression as an out. If he really has depression then he has set himself up for a big fall and has been very badly advised.

• Like 1

Change of environment. Sounds legit. Pause, not.

Could've stuck to photography if he wanted a real change. Not a return to the same sport, just half a punt down the street as others have said.

But I can't believe people have wished injury upon him.

I wanted to be the first.

• Like 12

Depression or no depression, the fact he met with Collingwood before speaking with anyone at the club makes him a grub. I have not doubt Frawley fielded unofficial offers from clubs during the year as most players coming out of contract do but this case was differant in a big way. The Saints or Bulldogs could be a fresh start why does it have to be with a power club....

• Like 3

He doesn't have to play AFL. It's not like he can't pursue his love of photography, and play footy with his mates anywhere, and be happy.

He is using this need for 'change' of environment to get to his footy club of choice. It is BS.

• Like 7

Depression or no depression, the fact he met with Collingwood before speaking with anyone at the club makes him a grub. I have not doubt Frawley fielded unofficial offers from clubs during the year as most players coming out of contract do but this case was differant in a big way. The Saints or Bulldogs could be a fresh start why does it have to be with a power club....

Do we really know that? We are told he met C'wood before he met Roos and yes, you'd think he'd talk to the coach (though not having played he may not have had much to do with the coach). He may have met someone else at the MFC first, eg someone telling him we would only offer him something he found unacceptable. Or his manager may have been told, or may be telling him porkies.

I'm not being an apologist for him. I just don't think we know enough at this stage.

Fox tonight Eddie very contrite when asked about Buckley's comment. Aware of discussion but nothing has come to the board. What a hypocrite! if it was a Pies player being poached he would be making all sorts of idle threats. Every year at trade there are 2 teams that give nothing but expect the world, they are Essendon and Collingwood. They are both miserable at the trade table. They will give precious little for Clark and probably are already patting themselves on the back for a recruiting coup. If HL is on offer then take it cos we won't get anything else.

Fox tonight Eddie very contrite when asked about Buckley's comment. Aware of discussion but nothing has come to the board. What a hypocrite! if it was a Pies player being poached he would be making all sorts of idle threats. Every year at trade there are 2 teams that give nothing but expect the world, they are Essendon and Collingwood. They are both miserable at the trade table. They will give precious little for Clark and probably are already patting themselves on the back for a recruiting coup. If HL is on offer then take it cos we won't get anything else.

He's traded to the club of our choice or he sits on the sidelines.

That about sums it up HL for MC if we are lucky. But then if Eddie is in a bad mood on the day we might get stuff all. In that case you could try pleading your case to Gil but don't hold your breath because he is as likely to be down at Werribee and the Equetrian Centre riding a horse.

The very wise and knowledgable Leigh Matthews once said that Collingwood will get more out of Ben Hudson than Melbourne will from Mitch Clark and we all laughed at him.

Guess who's laughing now?

• Like 7

That about sums it up HL for MC if we are lucky. But then if Eddie is in a bad mood on the day we might get stuff all. In that case you could try pleading your case to Gil but don't hold your breath because he is as likely to be down at Werribee and the Equetrian Centre riding a horse.

We get stuff all then they get stuff all, surely.

I don't want to sound like Martin Luther King but - I have a dream.

Mitch knows that his foot is stuffed.

He asked the MFC who do we hate, they said Collingwood,

He said lets set up a scam so that Collingwood think they can get me for stuff all.

They trade a player and the AFL gives a priority selection based on the unusual circumstances.

We get Harry Who and pick 4 in the draft (after the Frawley compensation)

Mitch does a pre season with the Pies and breaks down for good and gets another pay out.

How good would that be?

You must have some random dreams bro.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with handing him to another team for nothing rather than giving him to Collingwood for peanuts. And I don't want that Harry O 'I talk to the Deli Lhama and the Pope, and did I tell you how I escaped death in Brazil' LalalalaBumba at my club. Not even for free.

• Like 2