GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

The AFL are due to consider Melbourne's submission for special assistance (priority pick) at a commission meeting to be held on September 22, which precedes the trade and draft period.

I'm supposing any compensation the AFL may give us with consideration to Clark leaving us will be dealt with here, leaving us to try and get whatever we can for him in trade week regardless of any (AFL) compensation consideration.

• Like 1

I'm resigned to the fact that as we are Melbourne nothing will work out - if he goes we get screwed and he'll become a gun of the comp and a "good news story" with his betrayal soon forgotten - if he stays he'll break down in pre-season again and never get on the park. So in the end who really cares?

And the way most demons supporters have reacted to the speculation an exceptionally bad sign?
Or at the very least, may have some influence on his decision as to how he moves forward?

Give me a spell.

• Like 2

The AFL are due to consider Melbourne's submission for special assistance (priority pick) at a commission meeting to be held on September 22, which precedes the trade and draft period.

I'm supposing any compensation the AFL may give us with consideration to Clark leaving us will be dealt with here, leaving us to try and get whatever we can for him in trade week regardless of any (AFL) compensation consideration.

I thought it was the October Commission meeting they said they will review it?

I'm hanging around for a bit to see if anyone posts the rumour before a mod deletes it

Without further comments from the posters above and without knowing anything, the timing of this article raised an eyebrow

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-retired-and-withdrew-six-players-unable-to-control-their-drug-use-20140703-zsva7.html

• Like 6

I think I heard on fox that it was brownlow day they meet to make a decision.

Yep, confirmed (or as confirmed as you can get in Newscorp media) here:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-ceo-peter-jackson-declares-the-demons-made-a-profit-in-2014-despite-just-four-wins/story-fndv8pdq-1227057031219

Bringing that meeting forth is an interesting decision. Would've thought it bodes well for us as it gives us more time to arrange list management changes. Wouldn't have much time to recruit anyone with an October meeting.

Might mean we have a trade in progress but no pick to trade in our current state, thus need the AFL to give us an outcome ASAP. Presumably they're aware of any movements we have in the works and what picks we'd require.

Not prepared to say more sorry.

But it's all a bit of a 'smack my head' feeling about how blind we've been.

Without further comments from the posters above and without knowing anything, the timing of this article raised an eyebrow

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-retired-and-withdrew-six-players-unable-to-control-their-drug-use-20140703-zsva7.html

1C0573461DB27F8E_zps3f3f7c5f.gif Edited by McQueen

Would be a handy addition to the team in 2015!

If able to return to form.

PS music on these clips is woefull.

INteresting that every time the ball was kicked into the fwd line we had players in there. how unusual.

• Like 1

1) that is completely incorrect it's actually the opposite of what you say

2) footy players or other athletes aren't covered by normal workers comp laws anyway

Thanks DrG

I haven't kept up to date with work cover changes but it certainly was the case in the past and certainly not sure of what comp laws (if any) footy players are bound by.

I am happy to accept your points as it helps simplify the difficult issues that need to be considered to get the best outcome for the club and player

I think that unfounded speculation about an individual's drug dependence sparked only by his disappointingly non-committal status as a demon is low in anybody's book, don't you?

Unless the source is Juddy's grandma, it seems unfair at this stage.

Agreed. Posters should be very careful where they go here. If the line is crossed there will be no warnings.
  • Like 1

If the pies/bombers don't take him Mitch may end up like Dusty Martin last year and have to eat humble pie and return 'home'. They both seem to have dopey managers trying to shop them around.

Should Mitch decide to 'return' to the Dees it would be like our prodigal son (assuming he hasn't burnt all his bridges at the club). I would be very happy to say all is forgiven and embrace him again as I don't think all of this is his doing. I'm guessing most of us on DL would feel the same way.

• Like 1

To suggest that Mitch didn't have depression is a massive allegation, and personally I'd be keeping that to myself unless I heard it from Paul Roos himself.

Some people will believe whatever is written here and an allegation like that has no place unless you are 100% certain of it.

Have some maturity and think before you post.

• Like 7

Voss who obviously has a history with MC stated on SEN he had told his manager before he left Brissy (when he told Lions he wanted to go home for personal reasons) he thought MC was running away from his issues (did not elaborate on the issues) and he is doing the same here.

He stated he feels MC needs to sort out the issues rather than start again but MC is very head strong and once he makes a call will make a move. He and Slobbo both think he will not be at Dees next year and it is Collingwood he will go too.

Poor Fing form by pies but here is hoping if he indeed does move there we get value back and he plays sh it footy for them and costs them nearly as much as it cost us, he is a bust at this point. 15 games...

Voss who obviously has a history with MC ...

It was a very interesting discussion with Voss. I forgot he was Clark's coach at Brisbane, I hope SEN put it up as a podcast as it's well worth a listen.

It seems there is a lot to this story and perhaps we should have gone in with our eyes wide open when we first approached Mitch. As 'timD' posted the other day, he thought Clark had been poorly advised and shouldn't be running away from his issues (hope I am quoting the gist of your post correctly). Voss was saying pretty much the same thing.

As for Collingwood, I would play hardball and make Mitch walk to the PSD and threaten to pick him up if they don't give us overs.

• Like 1