GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

You're a Melbourne supporter, of course you can handle it, we are all gluttons for punishment. I have already paid my membership donation for next year. I can't get enough of it. GIVE ME PAIN

My membership is a given each year no matter how we are travelling, doesn't lessen the pain of failure, or the abject disappointment I have inflicted on my 3 sons and 3 grandsons.

• Like 2

All jokes aside, the sight of Clark and Hogan in the team next year, would do wonders for the rest of the team and the supporters.

If Mitch ever takes the field for us again, I would be as happy as the day we signed Roosy.

• Like 3

I have said this for months and nothing has changed. If MC plays again it will only be with the MFC. He has been training for sometime under a MFC derived program. He does still desire to play again but this is far from certain. There will be a serious meeting with his manager in October if positive then with MFC pre 31st October.

Dear Lord you know how to make people smile.

The questions about how this retired player could be retained/traded would be easier for me to answer if;

- The AFL released the current CBA.

- They adhered to the rules they legislate.

As they do neither of these things, I am reticent to say anything is, or isn't, doable in the AFL landscape.

rpfc, it's available through the AFLPA here. Clauses 17 and 19 look relevant.

• Like 3

Dear Lord you know how to make people smile.

rpfc, it's available through the AFLPA here. Clauses 17 and 19 look relevant.

more 19 id say

I have said this for months and nothing has changed. If MC plays again it will only be with the MFC. He has been training for sometime under a MFC derived program. He does still desire to play again but this is far from certain. There will be a serious meeting with his manager in October if positive then with MFC pre 31st October.

:)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA PICK 10? Oh wow Demonland never fails to amaze.

You must be Barry Prendergast or Tim Harrington!?

Clark will be 27 at the beginning of next year. He's played his whole career as a wrecking ball and has played 15+ games in a season 3 times. He's missed the last 2 seasons and couldn't even train without doing soft tissue injuries 3 times last pre-season. He has lost all conditioning being out of the system this year.

That means best case Freo could get 40 games out of him if they got his body and mind right. And you reckon that's worth pick 10? Wow.

I'll declare my bias up front, I have a lot of man love for Mitch Clark. I don't understand how anybody could rationally think Mitch is not worthy of pick 10. This is what we would get IF he decides to pull on the boots again AND the Club believes he is physically and mentally up to the task

• A player the current Melbourne coach believed was the best player on the list.
  • Known leadership qualities
  • Whilst having lost conditioning this year he has many pre-seasons already under his belt, another 6 months of training to come and has apparently been under the guidance of Melbourne fitness staff since he 'retired'. He would make an immediate impact
  • A passionate Melbourne man
  • A forward who would gift Dawes the second or third best tall opposition back and take significant pressure from Hogan to step up on debut, and most importantly
  • A player who can mark and kick goals

A fully fit Mitch Clark is a hugely valuable commodity.

As for his value to Freo, you could argue they may get 40 games or they may get 80 or perhaps none. But I would say that they would be a way better chance for a flag or two over the next few years with Mitch in the side than whatever player pops up at this years draft at No.10

One thing we can agree on Watts Jurrah Dunn is that Demonland never fails to amaze

• Like 4

I'll declare my bias up front, I have a lot of man love for Mitch Clark. I don't understand how anybody could rationally think Mitch is not worthy of pick 10. This is what we would get IF he decides to pull on the boots again AND the Club believes he is physically and mentally up to the task

• A player the current Melbourne coach believed was the best player on the list.
  • Known leadership qualities
  • Whilst having lost conditioning this year he has many pre-seasons already under his belt, another 6 months of training to come and has apparently been under the guidance of Melbourne fitness staff since he 'retired'. He would make an immediate impact
  • A passionate Melbourne man
  • A forward who would gift Dawes the second or third best tall opposition back and take significant pressure from Hogan to step up on debut, and most importantly
  • A player who can mark and kick goals
A fully fit Mitch Clark is a hugely valuable commodity.

As for his value to Freo, you could argue they may get 40 games or they may get 80 or perhaps none. But I would say that they would be a way better chance for a flag or two over the next few years with Mitch in the side than whatever player pops up at this years draft at No.10

One thing we can agree on Watts Jurrah Dunn is that Demonland never fails to amaze

Absolutely zero chance of getting a first round pick let alone top 10 pick for Mitch.

• Like 2

Mono..he STILL on our list

At the end of 2006, Essendon sought special consideration from the AFL to place Ramanauskas on a mature-aged rookie list for the 2007 season. In July 2007, Ramanauskas was elevated to the senior list and played his first AFL match in two years.

Who was their CEO at the time?? Peter Jackson..

Go Mitch

• Like 2

Little bit of talk about Mitch playing for the Dockers next year.

Not as much as there is about him playing for the Demons.

• Like 1