• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Roosy did mention on AF 360 that he caught up with Mitch at a Demon game a couple of weeks ago and he seemed in good spirits

Surely a good sign that Mitch came to a game to support the boys

Someone confirm but even if we have agreed to part ways you cannot formally delist someone until post season. I expect his decision to discuss with his manager in the next 10 days would be to fit with that timing. If he changes his mind I expect we would have control of this and if he chose to go back to WA we would have opportunity to trade to make that happen. Taking Clark on face value I would think he will be at MFC unless he is home in WA. Although he has changed his mind on where he wants to be before.

If u stalk his Instagram and look at his girlfriends you will see that she is at uni in Melbourne away from Mitch ATM. Also that her bridal plans are all being done from a place in Elwood, what does that all mean? Probably nothing, but interesting to note that his partner has stayed here for uni and mskybe he plans to return once he is well. Grasping at straws really, but just hoping there is a chance he returns. I think he had taken up some photography opportunities in Melbourne also

He's back living in Melbourne. Has been for over a month at least now.

Peter Ryan has tweeted he won't play, which apparently his management has said during the past fortnight as well.

I still hold hope though, if footy can be fun for him again.

If he does come back to AFL and ends up at another Melbourne club I'll be livid. Club backed him and helped rehabilitated him, gave him a leadership role and stood by him at his lowest point.

Saying, "I'm okay now!" and then signing a big new contract with another team is like Gary in Seinfeld pretending he had cancer. Not saying he pretended at all not one bit but it would be very frustrating for him to do that.

I could handle him moving back to Perth. That's his home. But signing up with another Melbourne club, I couldn't accept that from him.

If u stalk his Instagram and look at his girlfriends you will see that she is at uni in Melbourne away from Mitch ATM. Also that her bridal plans are all being done from a place in Elwood, what does that all mean? Probably nothing, but interesting to note that his partner has stayed here for uni and mskybe he plans to return once he is well. Grasping at straws really, but just hoping there is a chance he returns. I think he had taken up some photography opportunities in Melbourne also

When I was rummaging through his garbage I found a signed photo of Allen Jackovich, a shredded one way Virgin airline ticket to Sydney and a copy of 'Catcher in the Rye'. Make of that what you will.

• Like 6

this thread is full of stalkers! lol, people know about wedding plans, girl friends and education courses gee wiz guys, starting to scare me…

Someone else on FB mentioned that a retired player cannot play for another club until that original contract they retired from would have finished.

Apparently that was brought in after the mal micheal move to essendon.
So with that theory, if mitch were to play next year it would be with us.
But at the end of next season he is free to make his come back with anyone.

His manager Colin Young was on the radio tonight to respond to the rumours that have been circling

• Mitch Clark is in Melbourne and has just sold his house
  • The plan was to return to Perth (not for football) but his partner is studying to be a surgeon
  • Categorically put to bed any contact with the WA based clubs
  • Mitch is in good spirits and after spending 6-8 weeks doing nothing thought it was time for him to get fit again, so has been boxing training for a while
  • Melbourne clubs have been in contact with Young asking about Mitch's health and if he will return to football
  • At this stage Clark has no intention of playing AFL footy next year.
  • Young believes if Clark did have thoughts about playing again he would make contact with Melbourne, but he(Young) thinks Melbourne have moved on with their future plans
  • Clark remains in contact with the Demons players and played golf with them recently
  • Young meets with Mitch every 3 weeks and next week is just another meeting
  • Clark still has a manager because he is under contract to Young till October 31st 2014

That is a quick snapshot of what came out of the managers mouth, BUT I IN NO WAY TRUST MANAGERS

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 4

If we as a supporter group hadn't gone through what we've gone through, we'd be looking at the information we have about Mitch in a far more positive light. What we know is that he's a chance of playing footy again and he's still living in Melbourne and seems supportive of his most recent team. The obvious conclusion is that if he does play footy again he is most likely to play for the MFC. We're due right?

• Like 1

Moved on with future plans??! Unless we are out to get a Tom Boyd or Jeremy Cameron Mitch Clark should well be within out sights.

This year has proved what a big hole he has left. I hope the club is very much in contact with him weekly!

• Like 2

His manager Colin Young was on the radio tonight to respond to the rumours that have been circling

• The plan was to return to Perth (not for football) but his partner is studying to be a surgeon
  • Mitch is in good spirits and after spending 6-8 weeks doing nothing thought it was time for him to get fit again, so has been boxing training for a while
  • Melbourne clubs have been in contact with Young asking about Mitch's health and if he will return to football
  • Young believes if Clark did have thoughts about playing again he would make contact with Melbourne, but he(Young) thinks Melbourne have moved on with their future plans
  • Clark remains in contact with the Demons players and played golf with them recently
  • Clark still has a manager because he is under contract to Young till October 31st 2014
That is a quick snapshot of what came out of the managers mouth, BUT I IN NO WAY TRUST MANAGERS

Rumours abound that he wants to play for Freo?

I would be deeply disappointed if he went and played with another club without giving melbourne FC the first option, we have paid him a generous contract for very little football and have been extremely supportive of him and his health. I would truly like to believe he would not repay that faith and support by going to another club. He may want to move back to Perth, but there are a lot of footballers who are playing in places they would prefer not to be that is part of the game unfortunately, if he wants to go back to freo then we should be able to trade something for that, not just see him get picked up by Freo for nix.

I think we can take such a complete statement at face value. Clearly saying he wants to be left alone for the moment but if it were to happen we would be first in line.

I hope he continues to a full and happy recovery and we need to accept that may take some time.

• Like 4

I would be deeply disappointed if he went and played with another club without giving melbourne FC the first option, we have paid him a generous contract for very little football and have been extremely supportive of him and his health. I would truly like to believe he would not repay that faith and support by going to another club. He may want to move back to Perth, but there are a lot of footballers who are playing in places they would prefer not to be that is part of the game unfortunately, if he wants to go back to freo then we should be able to trade something for that, not just see him get picked up by Freo for nix.

Maybe that is part of MFC's case for a PP. That we could have traded Mitch for a top 5/10 pick. Yes, this is higher than pick 12 that we traded him for but there is a premium on great forwards atmo in the AFL. So we may get a 'middle of first round' PP. Is this just wishful thinking....

Who knows, the way the AFL is showing great expertise at backroom deals there may well have been a discussion with them by PJ before Mitch was released from his contract.

In the meantime, hope it all works out for Mitch. He still cares about the Club and if he should line up against us in Freo/WC colours then I would applaud him for gettting it all back together.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

You would first have to accept that we are the SS Minnow.

Firstly, it might well look, sound and feel that way today but it won't always be the case.

Secondly, Mitch has always sounded like an insightful person of integrity. It might be naieve of me but I don't see him in the same class as Tom Scully.

I agree with all you say - but I still believe next year at least will be a difficult year and my hope is we make giant strides in year 3 of Roos.

He is 26 - his prime. I agree regarding his integrity but I would be asking myself do i want to resume to what will be a struggle for two more years ?

On a side note - we are coming into the time of year when we will probably miss out on some bigger fish moving clubs and posters will decry that our "people" can't get the job done. Maybe I don't wear rose colored glasses enough but along with StKilda - at this point of time we are the most unattractive destination in the AFL. We will only get players because we will overpay. Frawley wants to see the direction of the club ? We have improved but we are only marginally closer to being a competitive force. We may take good leaps forward next year - and we may not.

Gerard Whateley said they had checked with the AFL today. There was some talk that if he was to play, say with Freo, he would be worth their first pick.

If so I may lose my mind. I have a fair man crush on Mitch. Every time I go to the G I kinda expect to lose. But when Mitch was playing I could at least see effort,courage and class. It's what I saw in the ox which made me and demon. It would be a shocking sight to see him in another jumper.

• Like 8

Where does he currently reside?

Tweeted Mon that it was 'a perfect day for a recovery swim down at St Kilda'

I think it would be a huge longshot if he was to decide to play again.

Seems odd to me that he that he tweets about recovery swims in the bay - recovering from what?