Melbourne asks for draft assistance

dees189227

Very good point

Junior, let's also add that the Swans pick 18 is equivalent to a top 5 pick as they have first dibs on Heeney through their academy, I believe. The system is compromised all over the place but a PP to us would be unfair to other clubs?? Where is the AFL Commission in all this? it is their job to stay above all the lobbying by clubs and self interest and endorse decisions that are fair and follow their own rules.

• Like 1

It is a lock bb

Onward and upward for the dees in 2015.

Eight new players, six to seven wins and No 10+ goal losses.

That will be achieved take my word for it

who are you...lol
  • Like 1

Not sure if you're being serious with these ridiculous suggestions Redleg- I hope not but if you are I fear for your wellbeing. Should probably take a bex have a good lie down and remove yourself from anything footy related for the next few weeks.

"Given our recent form, these silly little scenarios are the only thing giving me any interest in the MFC ATM."

That was the last line of my post. Says it all.

• Like 3

Junior, let's also add that the Swans pick 18 is equivalent to a top 5 pick as they have first dibs on Heeney through their academy, I believe. The system is compromised all over the place but a PP to us would be unfair to other clubs?? Where is the AFL Commission in all this? it is their job to stay above all the lobbying by clubs and self interest and endorse decisions that are fair and follow their own rules.

The AFL commission is a joke. The biggest scandal to hit the sport in 150 years and they have been silent. Absolute [censored] disgrace. The Chiarman has checked out a long time ago and is only staying to see the handover to Gill through.

• Like 1

Not sure if you're being serious with these ridiculous suggestions Redleg- I hope not but if you are I fear for your wellbeing. Should probably take a bex have a good lie down and remove yourself from anything footy related for the next few weeks.

Hey Gonz, just got up from my lie down and came up with another silly idea.

How about we seek a PP on the basis, that JW misled us and the whole AFL footy world, that he was number 1 or 2 pick in the year we had pick 1. Clearly we have been defrauded of our pick 1, which was designed to help us improve and get back up the ladder. He was universally thought by all clubs to be 1 or 2 that year.

• Like 2

Saint supporter mate today told me that we didnt deserve a pp and that the saints did.

Lost my [censored]

It is just amazing how it is impossible to have a logical discussion on this issue. The Saints coach said oh how could the Dees get one while we are one below them. The other teams above us are reduced to talks about do we deserve it, its our fault we are shyte etc. The PP rule talks about poor performance over an extended period but let's not get to hung up on the wording or intent of the rule. It is really about whatever the top 10 or so AFL club presidents think is fir for them.

• Like 3

It is just amazing how it is impossible to have a logical discussion on this issue. The Saints coach said oh how could the Dees get one while we are one below them. The other teams above us are reduced to talks about do we deserve it, its our fault we are shyte etc. The PP rule talks about poor performance over an extended period but let's not get to hung up on the wording or intent of the rule. It is really about whatever the top 10 or so AFL club presidents think is fir for them.

Hear hear! Drives me nuts. So many supporter of other teams I know keep saying "you don't deserve it."

Deserve! WTF has deserve got to do with it?

All I want is a little logic and a little equality.

Hypothetical scenario:

A man falls off a cliff, but manages to grab on to a branch on the way down. Now he can't get up, no matter how hard or long he struggles; so he calls out to his 17 mates high-fiving each other at the top.

"Help me," he says. "I can't get up by myself."

"No," they respond. "You don't deserve it."

Man plummets to his death.

Edited by Chook
  • Like 6

Had a Hawks supporter mate tell me we don't deserve one. I restrained the initial desire to hook his nuts up to electrodes and talk to him about 2004 and 2005 but I said it isn't about us deserving anything.

They seemingly cannot get over the 'deserve' stuff.

And then he said "but you have had plenty of picks. You have youngsters coming through."

Maybe these idiots just don't know the scope of the failures. They certainly don't know our list.

I do find it enormously hilarious when they say before the season starts - "you blokes are hopeless, you ever thought about switching teams?" and then when PP Season comes around we "don't need another leg up. Plenty of kids coming through."

Just so...hilarious...

• Like 6

I wonder how many people actually know how many priority picks Melbourne has received since 2007. I reckon the footy world thinks we have have 4+ the fact is we have had 2, one end of first round and one before first round. Through the Hawthorn rebuild they got 3 before round 1 picks from 2001-2005, Carlton got 4 before first round picks between 2003-2007. Most clubs have been able over a 4 year period point it in the right direction, we are now entering into 5 years since our last Priority pick, 8 years of bad football and our 3rd season in a row with less than 4.5 wins. Thats 5 years of the 8 we have won less that 4.5 games, with one year, 2007 we won 5.

Carlton was suspended from the draft for Cheating the salary cap and still got Priority picks.

Edited by drdrake
  • Like 11

Had a Hawks supporter mate tell me we don't deserve one. I restrained the initial desire to hook his nuts up to electrodes and talk to him about 2004 and 2005 but I said it isn't about us deserving anything.

And to think rfpc that we criticise our own players for not taking the first, clear correct option.

• Like 7