GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think after yesterday frawley would be keen to talk to the hawks.

It was interesting yesterday to watch the ob of the mmm footy team and when damo said geelong met up with mitch and also are the front runners for frawley, garry stood up and said do they want our boot studder as well. Im sick of them raiding our players. Then he bought up the example of offering motlop a 5 year deal at 800,000 and see how they like it.

• Like 2

And what was he doing to make us better for all this time? Waiting for someone else to come along and get us going.

What was he meant to do? Become our premier midfielder? Join the recruiting team? Become a development coach?

We're not Geelong, with all that dormant talent simmering away, just waiting for a Paul Chapman to ignite it with a heartfelt speech. We've got awful players on our list playing in the middle none of which is Frawley's fault; Frawley has consistently been one of our better players, he's done his bit I think.

Nathan Jones has been on our list the whole time we've been crud too - by your logic, he must be waiting around for someone else to get us going too. Get off our list Jones, you hack.

• Like 3

I absolutely agree that he has handled his impending departure poorly with the "waiting to see improvement" public line. It is a really poor look for a supposed leader, but I accredit it more to Chip's lack of grey matter.

In saying that, I don't blame Chip for where the club is at, nor do I begrudge him wanting to leave after eight years of dross. I can't remember his exact win loss record but it is as bad as any I've ever seen. Eight years is a long enough shift. He's done his time, and for the large part, he's done it dutifully.

If he doesn't feel that finals and success can be achieved here, then he is entitled to go. Hopefully it will be a decision he will rue.

• Like 1

I spoke to Frawley after the second semi , he'd had a few and I asked him

about remaining a Demon, arrogant [censored] said about as much chance of

us winning a flag over the next 3 years .

I didn't want to share it but he's s [censored]. Good riddance

• Like 10

does that mean he's staying, sleeve? :lol:

• Like 1

Better analogy would be as much chance of him reading a book. And understanding it.

• Like 7

Frawley's form this year has been terrible as has been his attitude.

Pick 3 sounds good to me.

Can't believe people are falling for this chasing success crap. Chip is chasing the dollars - made that perfectly clear when his manager floated the $700,000 for 7 years price tag.

The Cats are in trouble and no more likely to get a flag than us in the next few years.

Very happy to see him go for pick 3, as is the club I believe.

• Like 3

I don't begrudge Frawley for chasing money and success elsewhere TBH.

But if he goes to the Hawks I'll spew. How are we EVER going to get back to the top when the elite teams can raid the bad teams' best players, free of charge. "But we'll get pick 3!" I hear you say? That's great but a) no guarantees as to what quality that will bring and b) The pick doesn't come from Hawthorn. He costs them nothing.

Expect the Hawthorn's, Sydney's and Geelong's to keep topping up their lists with gun free agents and stay entrenched at the top for years to come.

• Like 1

Can't believe people are falling for this chasing success crap. Chip is chasing the dollars - made that perfectly clear when his manager floated the $700,000 for 7 years price tag.

The Cats are in trouble and no more likely to get a flag than us in the next few years.

Very happy to see him go for pick 3, as is the club I believe.

When he was on channel 7's Game Day earlier in the year he wasn't shy when he states it's only a short career and need to take the money when it's being offered (paraphrased, however to the point).

I think there are still too many nuff nuff supporters who blame Frawley for our mediocrity, rather than seeing he has become a product of it.

Machsy. I see it a little differently to your goodself

I would put it thats its very much a case of mediocrity breeding mediocrity. I dont blame Frawley for our mediocrity but hes very much a part of it. Hes every bit a part of it as he is a product.

Teams become great and successful when individuals look to themselves and not others to become great. You create your success , you dont bludge off anothers..

It strikes me that he , and a number of his team mates, are waiting for the 'winning" bus instead of building it themselves. They seem to think its about others building their career for them.

They clearly dont get it.

• Like 3

Is this what he means by loyal country boy?

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/luke-hodge-thank-god-hes-a-country-boy-20140926-10mbdp.html

Free agency may have changed the landscape but the R. Flowers, J. Browns and L. Hodges of the game will be held in high regard by current and future generations of their respective clubs supporters.

Would you rather have your name alongside the above or be boxed in with the likes of K. Tippett, M. Clark and D Brereton????

Money will nearly always be the main motivation for a free agency move. Especially the younger the player. Success will generally only be the main motivation when a player is nearing the end of his career e.g Brian Lake.

• Like 2

Machsy. I see it a little differently to your goodself

I would put it thats its very much a case of mediocrity breeding mediocrity. I dont blame Frawley for our mediocrity but hes very much a part of it. Hes every bit a part of it as he is a product.

Teams become great and successful when individuals look to themselves and not others to become great. You create your success , you dont bludge off anothers..

It strikes me that he , and a number of his team mates, are waiting for the 'winning" bus instead of building it themselves. They seem to think its about others building their career for them.

They clearly dont get it.

We are the football equivilent of the classic disfunctional public service department. Highly paid, low morale with little productivity and accountability. As a team the bar is set to the level of the least competant player.

40% bludge, 40% cruise, 20% work.

Ask for a volunteer and everyone looks at everyone else.

A mistake is made and everyone blames everyone else.

A pay error has occured and everyone wakes up from their coma.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

We are the football equivilent of the classic disfunctional public service department. Highly paid, low morale with little productivity and accountability. As a team the bar is set to the level of the least competant player.

40% bludge, 40% cruise, 20% work.

Ask for a volunteer and everyone looks at everyone else.

A mistake is made and everyone blames everyone else.

A pay error has occured and everyone wakes up from their coma.

we came from that.

I don't think it is what PJ and Roos are about

There are many times Chip could have stepped up on the field. Instead he said "fcuk it" & put his head down.

That is a personal choice. The virus we must clear out.

Take yesterday. Whorethorn had no passengers. They all went when it was their turn.

Yes it is coached into them. But it is also personal pride from each player.

• Like 1

Whether defending Frawley or not, whether he's a product of MFC performance or part of the cause, he's just simply not a good enough footballer, consistently enough, to justify in me any sense of loss. Assuming pick 3 as compensation well used, that pick is simply of much higher value than James Frawley. No disrespect to his efforts or years, but he's not essential, or worthy of that sentiment. If we were in the same position with Nathan Jones future, THAT would be a sense of great loss.

• Like 4

Jones must be locked down NOW. I'd expect nothing less than than 5 years 600k offered to him.

the timing of the Jones negotiations is probably linked to Frawleys decision & other potential dealings Re incoming recruits... I expect Frawley has informed the club he's off, & the club now know what they can spend on.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-28/hawks-may-tempt-frawley

Article that says nothing really. I would expect him to go to Hawthorn. I wish him well (be funny if he cant get a spot with Lake saying he want sto play on (in the Hun today). But the year after he would get in. - Could he even have a Sylvia to Freo sort of year if so?

Whether defending Frawley or not, whether he's a product of MFC performance or part of the cause, he's just simply not a good enough footballer, consistently enough, to justify in me any sense of loss. Assuming pick 3 as compensation well used, that pick is simply of much higher value than James Frawley. No disrespect to his efforts or years, but he's not essential, or worthy of that sentiment. If we were in the same position with Nathan Jones future, THAT would be a sense of great loss.

Agreed. If it's pick 3 or Frawley, who is honestly picking Frawley? Anyone?