This morning ... Friday 22nd November, 2013

Dees2014

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure most appreciate your efforts in giving a training report, but...If you've not yet learnt how to spell a player's name after 5+ years on the list, you probably deserve ridicule.Dont be so bloody precious.Nasher was clearly making a light joke.And FCS don't take yourself too seriously.God forbid anyone else should.

Why is FCS (an acronym) ok? Yet Bleese is ridiculed? Why not just say 'for Christ sake' In my opinion Bleese is easier to understand than the acronyms used on the net. For eg, what is MFCSS?

All a bit niggly tonight.

Relax. Roosy is at the helm.

Edited by jabberwocky

Why is FCS (an acronym) ok? Yet Bleese is ridiculed? Why not just say 'for Christ sake' In my opinion Bleese is easier to understand than the acronyms used on the net. For eg, what is MFCSS?

In true terms FCS is not an acronym but an initialism. An acronym needs to be pronounceable as a word. Eg QANTAS.

As all things in the English language this will probably change due to continuous misuse of the term.

Edited by Mgdee

I agree dees2014. I hate snide unnecessary remarks on typos.

I, for one, appreciate hearing your observations.

For crying out loud, lighten up fellas. Nasher was clearly making a light hearted joke.

And by the way, you missed a comma between 'snide' and 'unnecessary'.

Maybe everyone should write WTF on full too..?MFCSS = MFC Supporter SyndromeAn acronym created on this forum, author unknown, to describe the general pessimism and paranoia of MFC supporters after long supporting a basket case of a club.

Maybe they should. Creating a new language (or in this case acronyms) is an elitist way to create a language for only those only in the know. A spelling mistake is just that. At least it's an attempt to use a universally except language every one can understand

Nasher, i know you are a "big wig" on here, but I think these sorts of comments are unworthy of your elevated position. I hope you are happy with your ridicule.

I only hope one day I too can have a title called Freshly Showered.

Nasher I appreciated the joke if other did not, keep up the good work LOL

I was riding my bike along the Yarra this morning and happened to notice the Dees training on Goschs Paddock. I stopped for a short while.

A few observations:

I have never, and I mean never, seen an MFC group train with such intensity. When I was there, they were basically doing circuits, but at full pace, and intense practice kicking accurate 50m passes to fast leading. This also included amongst the kicking and leading, individual players sprinting from one end of the field to another while the kicking and leading was going on around them. The intensity was hugely impressive;

- there were others running the boundary, but at full pace for a change. Honestly, they looked like Olympic athletes such was the intensity. These groups included McKenzie (a very impressive runner - something I hadn't seen from him before), Strauss (likewise), Jamar (impressive commitment), Tyson (a lot less tentative compared to last week), Garland (as impressive as ever).

Notable absentees were sadly Gawn and Bleese. Hopefully they will be back soon.

Intensity!! Sounds good, I am going to make an effort to get down there this preseason. The last two years I worked nearby and would duck out of the office to have a look and it used to drive me crazy how players would wander over from AAMI like Browns cows, laughing and joking and wander about waiting for the coaches to get something organised. When they did get going the players would be jogging around bouncing footies before they would start doing some real training. By then I needed to get back to work so I never saw intensity at any of the dozen or so sessions I saw last year. So this is good news. Unfortunately I don't work nearby anymore.

It is 'Christ's', actually. As in, 'for Christ's sake'.

Sorry, tried to resist, but just couldn't help myself.

Nasher, i know you are a "big wig" on here, but I think these sorts of comments are unworthy of your elevated position. I hope you are happy with your ridicule.

Blease, not Bleese. You've been doing it ever since you started posting.

It's not that bloody hard.

I was riding my bike along the Yarra this morning and happened to notice the Dees training on Goschs Paddock. I stopped for a short while.

A few observations:

I have never, and I mean never, seen an MFC group train with such intensity. When I was there, they were basically doing circuits, but at full pace, and intense practice kicking accurate 50m passes to fast leading. This also included amongst the kicking and leading, individual players sprinting from one end of the field to another while the kicking and leading was going on around them. The intensity was hugely impressive;

- there were others running the boundary, but at full pace for a change. Honestly, they looked like Olympic athletes such was the intensity. These groups included McKenzie (a very impressive runner - something I hadn't seen from him before), Strauss (likewise), Jamar (impressive commitment), Tyson (a lot less tentative compared to last week), Garland (as impressive as ever).

Notable absentees were sadly Gawn and Bleese. Hopefully they will be back soon.

I LIKE this but there ain't no like button!!!!

Thanks Dees

A few observations:

Good to hear about the intensity.

But I'm totally disorientated by the phrase "kicking accurate 50m passes to fast leading" in association with MFC. I understand the words separately, but together they're much too far fetched to make sense, even in groups of two - "kicking accurate"? "50m passes"? "fast leading"?

I mean, what's Roos trying to do? It's not even December and we're practising ball skills at high intensity!!

Next thing you know, we'll have the Aussies winning an Ashes test. Or the mad monk apologising for something. I'm sorry, it's just all wrong.

I don't think any reference to MFCSS is elitist, neither is a reference to 426 or the 4 Horsemen. Neither is a joke about Juice.

If you don't recognise the references, you just weren't here when they started. And if you aren't sure what the mean, just PM someone and they will explain, we are a friendly bunch.

I don't think Nashers joke was that bad, it might have come across slightly narky but that wasn't intentional. Just enjoy the gag and move on everybody.

Yes they do care but I just wonder why ? Is it really necessary to pot someone when all they did was post a training report. If he said the wrong name at the altar or during sex then yes he deserves criticism .. but critising a training report when there are so many people here that not only cannot spell players names but also simple words is just pointless.

Haha exactly - if only the grammar/spelling Nazi's would realise their posts clogging up forums are infinitely more tiresome than someone inadvertently misspelling someone's name. I don't want to have to sift through pages of posts rehashing the same complaints and tired jokes, I want to read people's opinions on footy. I know we have a lot of wannabe comedians on here but for the most part the posts you think are so clever are actually pretty cringeworthy.

Anyway now that I've got that off my chest I wanted to actually say thanks for your observations Dees2014 it's something that has been a well known fact for some time that the training standards at MFC were equivalent to a VFL or suburban team. If the intensity has picked up as it should be expected to under our new FD then hopefully this translates to gameday performances. It is also Misson's much anticipated "third pre-season" with the club so hopefully we should start to see those results also however considering the amount of turnover on the list since he began who knows.

I'm appalled and shocked, Nasher.

I hope you think long and hard about making nostalgic jokes in the future.

Somebody can get seriously hurt.

FWIW I had no issues with Nasher's post it was all the other rubbish that is the crap people shouldn't have to put up with when they're trying to share some info with the rest of us.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

The idiot's hanging #@$% on the poster for having A TYPO in their helpful and enthusiastic training report makes me want to go back through their Demonland posting history and pick out all their typos and errors.

Except, that would be pedantic dumb-@#$@erry unworthy of the pixels it occupied, and nothing to do with discussing football.