• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts - More Discussion (for those who haven't had enough)

dees189227

Hahaha

So many supporters concerned that their pea-hearted darling isn't committed.

You lot are pathetic. : )

He was not only in the best players again last week, he scored the most dreamteam points, again!

He is also our most skilled player, ever noticed how he getsthrough traffic with ease.

The only dillisional supporters here are the once that cant recognise good football talent.

Put him in Hawthorn, Carlton, Sydney etc and he would absolutely kill it, why? Because he has the support of good players around him who are just as skilled.

• Like 1

I got that too. He seemed to me to be genuinely unsure about where his future is. His handling of the questions was very poor and he probably should have been coached better, but I would say he's still very much undecided.

For the rest of it, I really take exception to his little line about the club being on the way up three years ago. As has been mentioned, he is one of the players who was supposed to be making that happen, and he simply doesn't have the onfield presence we need him to have. It was particularly jarring given that Neitz was there and seeing the footage of him crashing through players and throwing his body in just accentuated Jack's inadequacies in those areas. He's never understood that the way to get the team playing better is to work harder and lead the change.

Thanks for agreeing about Jacks honesty. Yes, his answers didn't appear coached.

I'm surprised to be defending him because I hate his softness too, though improving this year (less soft than Davey). Watts is 11Kg lighter than Neitz!! ..he shouldn't be expected to crash & bash quite like Neitz.

I thought we'd all agreed MFC's recruiting was hopeless, therefor it's neither his fault being picked #1, nor erroneously picked to be a KP player.

IMO Watts is, and should be thought of as, a tall, skinny, fast flanker/winger/utility (and better crumber than most). KP only to cover emergencies.

In spite of his fault, he's a unique tallent, still a much better, skilful, faster, more useful player than our captains plus most of the team. Hopefully he'll keep improving here or trade for a top notch bigger bodied a-grade midfielder, nothing less.

• Like 1

Do you seriously think he didn't know he was going to be asked that?

Yes, but he'd sidestepped directly answering it a couple of times, then was pounced on point blank, where blunt honesty was the obvious choice. Maybe not the best, but it was honest.

I still think its no different to the stance Thomas & Franklin have taken.

If anyone thinks they're not weighing up those things, or Watts isn't, then they are kidding themselves.

Even if they say "I love the club and I want to stay," it is a far cry from "I love the club and I will stay."

Cut our losses and get rid of him, We have been waiting for years for him to change gears and he has continually disappointed us. With Hogan, Dawes and Clark up forward, thats 3 big tough blokes, Watts just isn't mentally tough enough. There comes a point when you can't keep blaming the club for your development and start looking at yourself. We need mongrel going forward and Watts just doesn't have it in him. Thanks for the 5-10 max good games out of 70 Jack.

ill be spewing if he leaves. He will not peak until 24-26 and then he will be 6'6 105 kg monster running amok

• Like 1

Didn't see the footage, but can understand his uncertainty about staying or going. Can also understand the frustration of the majority on here, but also appreciate the thoughts of the minority.

Sure, Watts is 22. He will be looking at a 2 or 3 year deal, let's say 3. What sort of player will he be in 3 years if he stays with the MFC? He's been there 5 already and hasn't done anything. Sure, he has to take a hell of a lot of responsibility, but how many of our other players have developed to an elite level in that time? Realistically - none! We barely have a player in the Top 50 of the league. Jones was a 1st round pick, not blessed with the natural skill as JW, but has a work ethic like none other. He is by far our best player, yet he's lucky to make the Top 50 list.

So, in 3 years time, will Watts have played a final at the MFC? Will a club who will be playing finals want him? Will he get a game? He's also probably looking at a potetnial forward line next year with Hogan, Clark and Dawes. Quite simply, he doesn't fit and he would know that. The only place I can really see Watts fitting is on a HBF or wing. If he's not happy playing those positions, or if he doesn't think he can play his best footy there, he's well within his rights to look at a club that he may be able to play in the positions he wants to.

On the other hand, I'm quite pee'd off with him too. Lived a massive chunk of his junior life getting things given to him on a platter (could get in to teh public school vs private school debate, but that's for another time). I don't know if he knows what real hard work is, and quite possibly the first time he was challenged (Neeld), he didn't like it. That's the impression I have got from the media (could be what they want us to believe).

Also totally agree with the criticism about him saying that we were meant to be a good team 3 years ago (or whatever he said). Step up yourself. The comment he made earlier this year about us not having a Selwood or a Hodge to take the game on, that made my blood boil. Again, sitting back waiting for it to happen. How about you chuck yourself in the centre bounce and do something about it? I don't care if it's against coach's orders, I'm sure Neeld or Craig would've loved to see JW draw a line in the sand and get in there himself. He didn't. Does he have the condifence to do that? Not at the moment, but would Eade/Roos/Williams give that to him? That's part of the reason for his current mindset.

From what I understand, Jack is a very honest guy. Not much phases him, and it does appear at times that he just goes out to play, and not get too caught up with what is written on the scoreboard. If he said "I want to weight up all my options and hopefully come to the right decision", then I can't blame him. He is 5 years in to his career, which a wrong decision now could see it (his career) come to a grinding halt in the next 3 years.

I have loved Watts from day one. Sure, he hasn't turned in to the player we were hoping, he is still a rare talent. I hoped that a decent coach would allow Jack to show us what he is capable of. Sadly, we haven't had a decent coach for this to happen. He's not the most courageous player on the list - far from it in fact, but he still has the ability to be a high quality player for the MFC. If he were to leave, I'll have mixed feelings. Part of me will say "good riddance", the other part of me will be bitterly disappointed at the fact that we wasted another number 1 draft pick, at a time that we needed to get them so right.

Probably the biggest load of fence sitting some of you have read for a while. No doubt the masses won't agree with a lot of it!

Oh, the other thing - do some of you really think trading him will get us a decent midfielder? We can't be certain that Watts will be a star, why would another club make the same gamble? A lot bigger risk for them, not us.

• Like 3

I'm an advocate of getting rid of Watts IF we can get a sufficient return via trade.

He's a 22 year old number 1 draft pick, with all the athletic tools and skills to be one of the best in the game.

He just needs the right coach to instill some mental toughness, and I think if traded to the right team, that'll happen.

We need to make sure we get something decent back for Watts.

ill be spewing if he leaves. He will not peak until 24-26 and then he will be 6'6 105 kg monster running amok

He'll never be running amok, he doesn't have it in him. This is what I'd rather people realise before he is 28, has done sweet FA and is effectively Sylvia mk 2.

• Like 3

I'm an advocate of getting rid of Watts IF we can get a sufficient return via trade.

He's a 22 year old number 1 draft pick, with all the athletic tools and skills to be one of the best in the game.

He just needs the right coach to instill some mental toughness, and I think if traded to the right team, that'll happen.

We need to make sure we get something decent back for Watts.

I thnk Watts knows this, hence him waiting to see if our new coach is able to do this. He may not have to go to another team to find it, he may just need to wait until the end of this season.

• Like 2

Im starting to firmly be of the thinking to put him on the trade table this EOS whilst the aura of still being a #1 has some currency and before too many other clubs twig to .

Im not sure where to even play him , but maybe in another jumper might be the best value option.

Im starting to firmly be of the thinking to put him on the trade table this EOS whilst the aura of still being a #1 has some currency and before too many other clubs twig to .

Im not sure where to even play him , but maybe in another jumper might be the best value option.

Do you really think other clubs aren't up to date with their assessment of where Watts is at?

I hope your taking the pi$$, B59.

• Like 1

I didn't see the interview but can well understand the comments here. But interesting to think that if he lied like Scully did, a lot of us would have been happier with his performance.

• Like 2

Do you really think other clubs aren't up to date with their assessment of where Watts is at?

I hope your taking the [censored], B59.

Think Essendon would not know as they are all a little busy with their Lawyer to worry about how other Clubs players are going.

It's funny after a win he comes out stating he wants to stay at Melbourne, I'd rather on national TV first time we have someone on the panel this year, he needed to follow that line, he new it was coming, all he had to say was

"my intention is to stay at Melbourne I love the boys, the club has some issues to work through but as long as we can work through these I'm happy with the club"

It still gives him the out if he leaves, he doesn't upset a supporter base that has already been put through hell this year.

I hope your taking the [censored], B59.

shhhh !!!

• Like 1

Jackie may be suffering from "Distant fields syndrome"

Just possibly other clubs have contracted Roseycolouredpotentialitis !!!

Might benefit all with changes of sceneries.

Jack Viney wants to eat the white line and Jack Watts wants to jump over it, trade for a midfielder, I sort of feel sorry for him as being a No 1 pick he's really not that good , the kid wants it on a silver platter, very timid player but this club needs to pulls its act together otherwise it's going to get wound up by 2016, so far we haven't held one free agent and that's very disturbing trend, JW needs take a look at his diabetic mate who sat in reserves for 4 yrs kicking goals while he was gifted games, well done Fitzy it's blokes like him that will drive this club forward, people are underestimating our 2 NEW ruck man we also have a solid defence and IF Mitch stands up we will have a power forward line, WE need Midfielders desperately so hopefully our timid 2008 pick 1 can deliver that.

• Like 2

Believe me when I say my workplace sucks balls, but when I'm in public and I get questioned about it, I endorse the company and our product. It's called professional conduct.

Jack Watts is a smart man, and his petulant behaviour tonight was pretty pathetic.

hes not too bright... proof positive we really arent too clever ( recent history ) with draft picks.

hes happy to mouth off.

Im annoyed

So, has Jack Watts got brains or not?

A number of posters have questioned why the club allowed him to appear on TFS. My question is whether the club had any say in it or not. I suspect Jack's agent, Paul Connors, engineered the appearance and gave Jack instructions to sound unhappy in order to improve whatever offer Jack's been given (or is yet to be given) to stay at the club. Keep in mind, that player's agents are far more influential than either the player or the club when it comes to public appearances, including the timing, the medium and what is actually said. In short, even though I didn't see it I suspect the whole event, including what Jack said, was stage managed by Paul Connors.

• Like 2

Firstly, I like the fact that Jack Watts was honest. If he was going to stay he would have signed by now or be well advanced in talks, so he didn’t tell us anything we don’t already know. Jack is weighing up his future and he has every right to do so.

I still think Watts is a good chance to stay if we can appoint a ‘profile’ coach in the near term. While Jack’s manager is probably advocating a move, I think he is likely to be offered ~$100K per season more at MFC than anywhere else.

Moreover, I hope he stays as I cannot see us winning in any trade. I think he will play his best footy as he gets stronger and nobody wants to come to MFC, so the best return is likely to be a draft pick ~#10.

Lastly, the anger of MFC supporters should not be directed at Jack if he goes, who, like the rest of us, has been badly let down by the club’s board and previous management, chiefly Schwab, Neeld and Prendegast.

• Like 6

I still believe in him and I'm not going to pull the trigger against him until it is finally announced whether he's staying or going. I would feel pretty shitty if he left but all of this rumour talk and belittling of him is getting us nowhere until we find out exactly what happens in the end. None of you know exactly what the conversations are between him, his manager and the club... lets just wait and see

• Like 5

We're a funny bunch...

Scully says he wants to be a one club player, avoids the question of his loyaly, lies and eventually leaves - he is crucified by all and sundry

Watts says he need to think about his future, is completely transparent in making no promises or guarantees, hides nothing - he is crucified by all and sundry.

• Like 12