Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Lot of athletes have tweeted about it during the saga

The athletics community is watching it closer than anyone and there will be absolute carnage if Essendon players escape bans

IF this is swept under the carpet it will mean just about open slather everywhere. Precedents matter.

Consider the statements this month about James Hird's pay arrangements - our suspended coach is being paid $750,000 for a year in which he is not doing his job. How do you reckon that news was received last week by Essendon members who work at Holden?''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/when-the-bombers-were-great-20131220-2zqrg.html#ixzz2oFPWK7pu

Well done on Bill Jennings for having the guts to stand up there and speak on the matter. That quote is correct and im glad James was there to hear that. He also made some other good points.

As I have said to essendon supporters, if Matthew Knights did this would they be as forgiving. the answer no

Will no doubt leave having signed a non disparagement agreement with a confidentiality clause.

and this will mean sfa if and when this hits the courts after player action against the club

Try "explode".

Maybe the total denial from Bombers supporters is only matched by the salivation from posters here who relish the idea of Essendon being in great trouble.

I suspect things won't be as good or bad as both sides make out, because the one thing both share is a great deal of bias.

Consider the statements this month about James Hird's pay arrangements - our suspended coach is being paid $750,000 for a year in which he is not doing his job. How do you reckon that news was received last week by Essendon members who work at Holden?''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/when-the-bombers-were-great-20131220-2zqrg.html#ixzz2oFPWK7pu

Well done on Bill Jennings for having the guts to stand up there and speak on the matter. That quote is correct and im glad James was there to hear that. He also made some other good points.

As I have said to essendon supporters, if Matthew Knights did this would they be as forgiving. the answer no

Did you see the footage? The Little Napolean was in his ear telling him to get off stage. Little just seems like an out and out bully.

Edited by Cards13

Interesting, because as I'm reading all of this, it has occurred to me that the unreasoning and unquestioning adoration of JH has all the hallmarks of EFC having become a cult and it is simply not possible for the guru to have erred, and any who dare suggest otherwise are detestable enemies.

There have been many jokes over the years about football having become a religion, but I am beginning to think we are seeing it happen in front of our eyes.

I would like to think I'm wrong about this but the preparedness to gloss over huge chasms of misjudgment combined with the ghetto mentality of us against the world makes me wonder how far this could go and whether they are upping the ante and daring to bring down the whole shebang if an outcome acceptable to the EFC is not presented.

There's possibly not much to worry about because at every turn the AFL has behaved like Neville Chamberlain did in 1938 and I sincerely believe the outcome will in fact be for peace for our time (as long as we can keep those chappies happy)

i suggested the notion of Cult earlier ( not bignoting) ...just agreeing. They have lost sight of any reference to a reality that is the one that most decent Bummers would believe in.

Also re Bill Jennings. Good on him. Love to see him go toe to toe with Little in a decent debate chaired externally, for the benefit of their members.

i suggested the notion of Cult earlier ( not bignoting) ...just agreeing. They have lost sight of any reference to a reality that is the one that most decent Bummers would believe in.

Also re Bill Jennings. Good on him. Love to see him go toe to toe with Little in a decent debate chaired externally, for the benefit of their members.

Sorry about not attributing the origin of this idea - I just zone in and out of reality on this and have given up on trying to follow logically such matters as -

the double-think of blaming AD for what happened at EFC,

accepting that there was a loss of "governance",

that it's ok that people were given injections of unknown substances ( for which any person - doctor, nurse practitioner , dentist etc. would surely be deregistered by AHPRA and have a tribunal hearing with public findings against them !!! )( ok ; I do realise that these "sports scientists" operate in a philosophical space that is closer to that of witch doctors than to those of us who are regulated and required to adhere to that crappy 'evidence-based ' outdated concept which I find so so limiting when all you want to do is fly like a bird and do whatever your vivid imagination can dream up ),

that Workcover isn't interested ( but this is not an example of official corruption ??) , that none of the rules that apply in the world I live in apply here .

As I was saying, it's all been a bit challenging trying to encompass it all and it might actually be easier to turn to the dark side and join Bomberblitz

Happy Christmas to all on Demonland

Sorry about not attributing the origin of this idea - I just zone in and out of reality on this and have given up on trying to follow logically such matters as -

the double-think of blaming AD for what happened at EFC,

accepting that there was a loss of "governance",

that it's ok that people were given injections of unknown substances ( for which any person - doctor, nurse practitioner , dentist etc. would surely be deregistered by AHPRA and have a tribunal hearing with public findings against them !!! )( ok ; I do realise that these "sports scientists" operate in a philosophical space that is closer to that of witch doctors than to those of us who are regulated and required to adhere to that crappy 'evidence-based ' outdated concept which I find so so limiting when all you want to do is fly like a bird and do whatever your vivid imagination can dream up ),

that Workcover isn't interested ( but this is not an example of official corruption ??) , that none of the rules that apply in the world I live in apply here .

As I was saying, it's all been a bit challenging trying to encompass it all and it might actually be easier to turn to the dark side and join Bomberblitz

Happy Christmas to all on Demonland

no need at all.. .great minds etc..lol I simply thought it worth noting you are far from alone , indeed we arent that might look upon proceedings as being more than just a wee bit akin to that of a bone fide cult. Talk about walk like , look like and quack like !!!

Its not like they even thought to look at the line they were dubiously walking they didnt even acknowledge it nor care.

If only there were a few more true journalists around, like Flanagan. Always considered and well written.

Driving up a particular road today amongst a lot of traffic. So much so it took me 3 sets of lights to get to the front of the que to cross the intersection as the other side was packed with cars. I was sitting in the left hand lane. All the cars that wanted to turn right had turned right but no one moved up, as we were all one que to get through the intersection. Suddenly I see a car come from 8-10 cars back (no indicator to turn right) and I think to myself who is this fuckin cheat cutting infront of everybody else? Well this guy pulls up and its none other than our very own James Hird.

He then parked in a bus stop 200m up the road.

• Like 1

Driving up a particular road today amongst a lot of traffic. So much so it took me 3 sets of lights to get to the front of the que to cross the intersection as the other side was packed with cars. I was sitting in the left hand lane. All the cars that wanted to turn right had turned right but no one moved up, as we were all one que to get through the intersection. Suddenly I see a car come from 8-10 cars back (no indicator to turn right) and I think to myself who is this fuckin cheat cutting infront of everybody else? Well this guy pulls up and its none other than our very own James Hird.

He then parked in a bus stop 200m up the road.

Don't be so harsh on him. The drugs he took probably scrambled his mind.

This is a nicely worded piece from Litza writing in the Footy Almanac Has anyone heard from Stephen Dank?

Makes one feel all Chrismassy!

like muchly

This is a nicely worded piece from Litza writing in the Footy Almanac Has anyone heard from Stephen Dank?

Makes one feel all Chrismassy!

Wow what an article! Good to see there are still writers out there that challenge the reader with unanswered questions, that we know have answers.

I have just been watching some clips from Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" his last film, steeped deeply in the occult (He died 4 days after completing the final edit...mysteriously).

James Hird could have so easily played the lead role in place of Tom..

Stanley was a true Genius....

Wow what an article! Good to see there are still writers out there that challenge the reader with unanswered questions, that we know have answers.

I have just been watching some clips from Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" his last film, steeped deeply in the occult (He died 4 days after completing the final edit...mysteriously).

James Hird could have so easily played the lead role in place of Tom..

Stanley was a true Genius....

Kubrick was one of the finest. 2001: A Space Oddysey still ranks as my favourite movie. And in Clockwork Orange, he surely predicted the carnage at Melbourne in 2013!

Do people really think Little is oblivious to the fact that his club is in deep [censored]?

I think he's too clever a businessperson to think that way and I have no doubt that he's working in full damage control for the day when it all hits the fan.

He's telling one story to the members and supporters but it wouldn't surprise me if those inside the club are hearing an entirely different story.

Do people really think Little is oblivious to the fact that his club is in deep [censored]?

I think he's too clever a businessperson to think that way and I have no doubt that he's working in full damage control for the day when it all hits the fan.

He's telling one story to the members and supporters but it wouldn't surprise me if those inside the club are hearing an entirely different story.

Totally agree. He will have his risk management strategy well and truly worked out. In fact I know some people who are working as consultants in this area for Essendon and the AFL. Whilst they are very discrete, they are also very competent. They are also realists (unlike the money grabbing QCs Hird has hired). I have no doubt (although I am only guessing) Little is taking the stance he is because internally Hird is so popular. There is no point in picking a fight with that lot until the whole position becomes untenable, including the continuous employment of Hird. He will then have an excuse to facilitate a complete clean out of the Club.

I bet also Bomber Thompson is in on this little scheme. There must have been some reason he suddenly changed his mind about coaching. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is well aware Hird's days are numbered and he put himself in the position as his logical successor (with Little's help). From what I know of Little's business career this would be typical of him, and certainly the advisors I know would be well and truly capable of this sort of play.