Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Hird, Thompson and Goodwin gone. They really are in deep shite.

Diddums.

Thompson isnt gone yet

They are likely sacking Hird so they can keep Thompson

Hope Im wrong and that hes signed and sealed at the Suns

• Like 2

Please let them be too late for Bomber. If the rumours are true and the AFL are pulling strings up on the GC with the coaching situation, they'll fund Thompson's appointment up there and make it worth his while to go.

Bassett to Adelaide, Goodwin to Melbourne, Bomber to the Gold Coast and Hird sacked and labelled a drug cheat. What a glorious off season for these scumbags.

• Like 1

A strong candidate for the vacant MessyDrugs coaching position

steroids.jpg

wowee, now that's what they mean about the "good stuff"

That gives life to Clive James's description of Arnie as like a condom stuffed with peanuts ... :)

John Barnes coach for 15 .

Hirdy trying to avoid a marked passport or is it more? Liability? Someones gotta pay when the players go em for this and that.

Thompson isnt gone yet

They are likely sacking Hird so they can keep Thompson

Hope Im wrong and that hes signed and sealed at the Suns

No doubt Bomber played his card when he said he would consider taking a job if there is a vacancy at the Gold ¥unts a few days ago . No way he wants any other job than his bombers .

I hope Goodwin and Bomber are clear enough of the Dank mobile . It aint a kebab stand well it is a kebab stand .

Please let them be too late for Bomber. If the rumours are true and the AFL are pulling strings up on the GC with the coaching situation, they'll fund Thompson's appointment up there and make it worth his while to go.

Bassett to Adelaide, Goodwin to Melbourne, Bomber to the Gold Coast and Hird sacked and labelled a drug cheat. What a glorious off season for these scumbags.

Ummm... it can't be a rumour that they are funding GC new coach, because they have been paying for everything anyway?

The AFL not funding GC new coach would be a rumour....

• Like 2

Man every time you think this s-storm has reached it's peak something else pops up! Hird has gone beyond arrogance and stubbornness, he is officially the most selfish person to ever be a part of our great game. Every clubs basic mantra is that no one man is bigger than the club, Hird has himself assumed that role and made life more difficult for "his players".

An ounce of humility might've save him from himself, but that just isn't in him.

He's gone, at least we get to see more of Bombers entertaining pressers. And hopefully more of himself and Roos on 360, it's always great TV.

• Like 2

So if I have this right

1. Essendrug have decided not to appeal a watertight Federal court ruling (first smart thing Little has done)

2. Hird decides no way, the world is wrong I am right, this is now a matter of principle I wish to continue attempting to climb everest without a rope.

3. The players (who this farcical soap opera was allegedly all about) try to talk Hird from committing suicide and let them finalise the matter and get on with their lives.

4. Hird decides no way, the players dont know whats good for them I will continue in the hope that when I fall a mattress truck happens to driving by.

5. Essendrug will now cut loose the final safety restraint from Hird and sack him (second smart thing Little has done)

6. Oustanding matter to follow will be the removal of Little and his supporters from the Board.

My question to the legal fraternity is, if the Club and players go to ASADA and request SCN's and wish to proceed and Hird decides to cointinue the fight and lodge an appeal, Can ASADA proceed given Middleton has already ruled that the players and obviously the club are party to the matter heard by the Federal Court?

Would Hird then not be acting in opposition to the players he always stated were the very reason for his intransigence?.

From the very begining of this the histroical connection between Hird and Charter and the supplements industry going back to his playing days is interesting. For me there are some unanswered question regarding the use of performance enhancing substances from the 90's by AFL aplayers (Note I include Woey's brownlow year in this who was also associated to Charter). Could this have formed Hirds perception of drugs in sport and whether supplements should be banned. Comments by Dank suggest he is of the opinion that the WADA code and banned lists are ridculous. It was interesting hearing the comments recently from Dank and seeing him turn up at the Federal Court. If I was a betting man I would put a few bob on Hird being to some degree in denial over Dank and has alleged crimninallity and Hirds position on this matter being partly based on information and advice from Dank and others that the WADA code and ASADA ban way to many substances that should not be banned. Hird and Dank are obviously of the opinion that Essendon were just catching up to others in the AFL regarding the use of supplements. This may be the context in which Hird is making these absurd decisions.

There is way more to this behind the scenes to play out yet.

• Like 5

Bloody hell...blink and stuff happens

Only just Hird the good gnus :)

Funniest thing I've hird in ages.

He's a Little rascal is our Jacques !!!

Doesn't surprise me one iota that this arrogant prig would still tilt at the windmill (aka as the fan de merde )

Keep going Jimmy...don't stop til you have NOTHING left.

Fwit of the year goes to ...lol

Love that image, Bub. Wish I was a cartoonist.

Man every time you think this s-storm has reached it's peak something else pops up! Hird has gone beyond arrogance and stubbornness, he is officially the most selfish person to ever be a part of our great game. Every clubs basic mantra is that no one man is bigger than the club, Hird has himself assumed that role and made life more difficult for "his players".

An ounce of humility might've save him from himself, but that just isn't in him.

He's gone, at least we get to see more of Bombers entertaining pressers. And hopefully more of himself and Roos on 360, it's always great TV.

When you have an ego as well-developed as James's why stop at being bigger than a club? His announcement that he intends pursuing an appeal officially makes him (at least in his own imaginary, which is obviously all that counts) bigger than the game.

The one thing he's not, which presumably he'll find out to his cost, is bigger than the law.

Not being a lawyer I don't know, but my hope is that if an appeal goes ahead ASADA might be able to seek leave to continue with the SCNs. If they can't that'll leave Jacques out there on his own, the only impediment to bringing the whole sordid matter to an end. The obloquy that'll be heaped on him from all quarters might remind him about the humility thing, although like you I suspect he's never known the meaning of the word.

• Like 1

Could someone enlighten James Hird and me as to at what point this becomes all about the players?

it never was/is for Jacques