Scully post match interview

Toorak

How is his knee going?

His "chronic" knee injury kept him out for half a season.

What a joke. Fcuk we got conned.

We must use the AFL assistance to the maximum

The owe us bigtime

The same AFL that gave us TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS for him leaving?

They owe us nothing.

• Like 16

Purely on Scully he took a heap of unearned cash and is not at a basket case of a footy club anymore. As much as I hate to say it he has done well for himself.

• Like 3

Purely on Scully he took a heap of unearned cash and is not at a basket case of a footy club anymore. As much as I hate to say it he has done well for himself.

Regardless they still over paid for him and they know it.

I was pleased to hear that Tom felt no pity for the Dees and had no regrets in switching clubs.

Good on ya Tom.

Sounds like a bit of Nah na na na nah na to me, about what you'd expect from a mental lightweight likeTom.

Childish, unnecessary and does nothing for his charisma. I'm a big believer in karma.

• Like 1

Tom can say what he likes, he is on a stack and owes us nothing, it's football.

I'm not as disappointed as most that Scully has left, he has no inside game and is a rushed player, he has no poise.

Scully will always tear up weak sides, but sides that use pressure - they will always be Tom's undoing.

I don't miss Tom Scully one bit and Jesse Hogan will be a FAR better player for our club than Tom could've ever been.

I wish I was ten years younger, I'd love to of played against Tom Scully, he is mentally very weak.

• Like 1

He knows he's despised by just about anyone wearing red and blue.

I suspect I'd feel the same as him towards the club given what he hears every time he's near a Melbourne supporter. Don't expect any conciliatory remarks any time soon.

Edited by Ben-Hur
  • Like 1

If we were a successful club he'd just be a blip on our radar. Unfortunately, his departure embodied everything that was going wrong with our club.

• Like 2

Hogan. Hogan. Hogan. Hogan.

Oh, and some sleight of hand with Viney.

And a tonne of cash for Clark.

We're still ahead of that game.

We'd have ended up with Viney anyway

Clark may never play again.

Hogan is great, however...

...our midfield.

Scully, Brock, Moloney would make this team 4-5 wins better, EASY.

What is the cost of revolutionary change -- erratic, immediate change -- for "sustained success"? With the vision of being a consistent finals side, the club has hit arguably its lowest point, will struggle to attract sponsor AND members next year, and may lose another $2-3 million in 2014. The logic was that the club needed to be completely turned over in order to go up. It's no more an assured direction towards success than a slow, refined shift towards sustainability.

For what the club has given up, was it worth it? Melbourne has ended up with lots of potential, but has regressed. And further to Hogan, if I had a dollar for every superstar VFL player that's been on the club's list, I'd be a millionaire.

I am still not convinced that Melbourne has come out better of losing Scully, or letting Brock and Moloney walk. Because the club gave up its heart -- and lost a potential star because of it -- for what has turned out to be a spectacular failure of an attempt to create sustained success.

Peter Jackson is the last - very, very last - chance the club has to get it right.

Every week the club appears to set new lows. Yesterday was lowest of the low. Can it get any lower?

Gold Coast's biggest ever win next week. Bookmark it.

For the love of God let this season end.

We'd have ended up with Viney anyway

Clark may never play again.

Hogan is great, however...

...our midfield.

Scully, Brock, Moloney would make this team 4-5 wins better, EASY.

Who cares...Tom Scully made the right choice, no doubt - he's not that good (likely because of a real knee condition) and he'll never get paid like that again.

We got overs - and have spent it very well. We need a midfield, but the suggestion that Scully, Brock and Moloney would put us in a much better position is seriously overrating those guys. Great we could be finishing on 7 wins with that s***heap.

Edited by pitchfork

Every time I see him playing, regardless which team he is playing against, my lip curls and I cannot help but hiss at the television. It an involuntary reaction that I don't think will ever go away.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.