The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Yeah, know what you mean... I just saw Frawley tweeting a photo of himself lazing around on his back in Paris, resting before heading up the Eifel Tower... hope to god that they delist him asap.

But I think Frawley has given us more that what Byrnes will ever give.

No it just frustrates me that we gave him a second chance at the top level and good $$ and what did he give to us?? Prior to his 'photos' he was rated top 10 in last year draft pool. What will Byrnes give us in 2014, I can't be bothered with him and not the sort of person I want to support. Do any other teams want him??? I like the unknown factor with Garlett.

Sooo what parading in Europe got to do with this again....?

• Like 6

No it just frustrates me that we gave him a second chance at the top level and good $$ and what did he give to us?? Prior to his 'photos' he was rated top 10 in last year draft pool. What will Byrnes give us in 2014, I can't be bothered with him and not the sort of person I want to support. Do any other teams want him??? I like the unknown factor with Garlett.

Here's the tip. If Garlett was ever truly rated top 10 someone would've taken a chance on him. He's small, unfit and not lightning, that combination makes it hard for you to be top 10 unless you are unbelievably good.

As for Byrnes before a myriad of injuries he actually performed the best out of our small forwards in the first half of the year. He's over with some of the lads in Europe - Gawn, Evans, Frawley etc but I find it some what reassuring we have a pro from the Geelong system over their with the young guys. Remember the Geelong guys go to the US every year pretty much and now Bartel goes midseason as well. Would you not like us to have Bartel, Selwood or Ablett due to the fact they holiday?

Byrnes also did enough to get into the leadership group. So yeah he's not quite up to AFL level and was probably a mistake but we had list spots to fill somehow and he did as much as any other sucker who player half forward for us all year. I don't see any reason to not support Byrnes. I'll cheer for him as much as any other player on Melbourne's list.

• Like 8

Any chance of delisting Byrnes, no offence but he did FA this year and I saw photo's of him parading around in Europe...I just thought that is bullsheet, what a waste...let's get Dayle Garlett to play wing half forward .who's keen for that ?? He could stay with the Viney's with Jimmy & Hoges.

You are a goose. I hope your boss cancels your annual leave this year - how would that go down with you?

• Like 4

Not willing to support a known clubman who is well liked by his fellow professionals, but willing to support a loose cannon who most experts doubt his ability to apply himself to the level necessary to succeed, hence the fact no one was willing to take the risk inherent with drafting him.

Byrnes did little on field for us last season but at least he is willing to make the sacrifices to be as good as he can be and to share this with our inexperienced list.

Garlett could be great but not for our list and the type of culture they need to build.

Of course posting holiday snaps on twitter is a heinous crime and he will need to be harshly dealt with on return.

• Like 2

Any chance of delisting Byrnes, no offence but he did FA this year and I saw photo's of him parading around in Europe...I just thought that is bullsheet, what a waste...let's get Dayle Garlett to play wing half forward .who's keen for that ?? He could stay with the Viney's with Jimmy & Hoges.

Not only is it foolish response, but what the hell did you expect a player to do on his leave?

You do realise other MFC players have travelled to Europe too?

Rated top 10 by who exactly? Imbeciles?

Because clubs didn't not draft him top 10 because of those photos.

They were just another nail, of many, in his coffin.

What FAs would you expect the club to be able to attract in future when we set a precedent of delisting players with years to go on their contracts, after 1 poor year?

dont let logic get in the way hey !! lol

we have bugger all in the decent small fwd department for 14....just saying

im with you...Nahas could be an option up front. Not desperate to get him but its an interesting notion none the less , for mine.

The thing with small forwards is you need to look at the coach and the style they play. Roos isn't a big small forward man. He tends to rotate his midfield through the forward line, with many players able to fill the crumbing role and kick goals as needed. He's more likely to go for another midfielder with good goal sense rather than a genuine small forward like Nahas.

• Like 2

Yeah, know what you mean... I just saw Frawley tweeting a photo of himself lazing around on his back in Paris, resting before heading up the Eifel Tower... hope to god that they delist him asap.

I hope he chooses the stairs, running.

I also hope he enjoys a good break before returning to the task - deserved.

The only photo overseas photo of Frawleys that I saw was "nice view from the gym" (no joke)

He went on a... a h... a hol...oh, I can hardly bring myself to say it... a holiday to Europe? In his off-season break? OH THE HORROR!

• Like 12

I hope he chooses the stairs, running.

I also hope he enjoys a good break before returning to the task - deserved.

Actually, I think that was what he was about to do... I just didn't want to spoil the dramatic effect of my post by stating that.

Here's the tip. If Garlett was ever truly rated top 10 someone would've taken a chance on him. He's small, unfit and not lightning, that combination makes it hard for you to be top 10 unless you are unbelievably good.

As for Byrnes before a myriad of injuries he actually performed the best out of our small forwards in the first half of the year. He's over with some of the lads in Europe - Gawn, Evans, Frawley etc but I find it some what reassuring we have a pro from the Geelong system over their with the young guys. Remember the Geelong guys go to the US every year pretty much and now Bartel goes midseason as well. Would you not like us to have Bartel, Selwood or Ablett due to the fact they holiday?

Byrnes also did enough to get into the leadership group. So yeah he's not quite up to AFL level and was probably a mistake but we had list spots to fill somehow and he did as much as any other sucker who player half forward for us all year. I don't see any reason to not support Byrnes. I'll cheer for him as much as any other player on Melbourne's list.

You will cheer for him because you are loyal, but when we loose I rarely cheer, in fact, I stop going to footy.

Only top 5 in the b and f should be allowed to go overseas.

If in the bottom 5 you are forced to holiday in Adelaide.

• Like 2

Gee he finished above J Viney in the B&F???

And Davey for that matter....

You will cheer for him because you are loyal, but when we loose I rarely cheer, in fact, I stop going to footy.

I gues that's the difference between a true supporter and a fair-weather supporter.

• Like 4

Only top 5 in the b and f should be allowed to go overseas.

If in the bottom 5 you are forced to holiday in Adelaide.

No, bottom five have to do a stint of moderation here on Demonland

• Like 1

But I think Frawley has given us more that what Byrnes will ever give.

MY. GOD.

• Like 2

What would you guys think of this trade,

Pick 2 and Frawley to Gold Coast for Harley Bennell, Swallow and pick 5

Not a rumor just a thought

No.

GC would laugh in your face.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1