Harry O

Would love to know how many of these posters that are slagging off Harry's character have actually met him?

I found he comes across as a bit of a [censored] through the media, but from people I trust, I hear that he is a top bloke, giving with his time and does a lot of charity work.

How many here know any different or are cheap character assassinations on a potential player acceptable?

He is probably nice as long as you're not a fatty, then he hates you and it's ok to pick on you.

Would not answer my question when I asked him how is it different picking on some one due to wieght vs colour or religion. total silence.

HYPOCRITE. WANKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!

the last player in the league i would want at the MFC

the guy is an absolute [censored] who thinks he is some sort of divine being

he is just a massive [censored]

id rather Stephen Milne on our team

Can we get both?

Who cares what kind of person he is, Christ we have been down the "he's a nice boy" path... He is a better player than most in our current back line set up. It's a yes.

Hope Dawsie has invited him around for a sleep over on Harry's weekend away from Bucks.

• Like 4

Harry O often wants preferential treatment for himself. (which reduces good culture & team spirit)

EG. Do you remember when Obama was coming out & the news headline and article all about Harry thinking that of all AFL people to meet the president of the US, it should be himself, Harry?

The guy is a [censored] bag. He read a book on Buddhism once and carrys on like he's some sort of philosopher.

Also importantly, is only a good footy player when he can play the game on his terms, much like the rest of the collingwood defence.

Harry O often wants preferential treatment for himself. (which reduces good culture & team spirit)

EG. Do you remember when Obama was coming out & the news headline and article all about Harry thinking that of all AFL people to meet the president of the US, it should be himself, Harry?

We've got to get over this mentality of believing something just because it's written in a newspaper.

• Like 2

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Re-draft Moloney and get him to burst out of HB without looking where he kicks it.

At least that way the Deli Lama isn't hanging around the club eating all the pies.

Sorry not sure what you are saying but think it may be a No?

Only an educated guess though as I only went to public school.

• Like 1

Who cares what kind of person he is, Christ we have been down the "he's a nice boy" path... He is a better player than most in our current back line set up. It's a yes.

Hope Dawsie has invited him around for a sleep over on Harry's weekend away from Bucks.

Weekend at Dawesy's?

We've got to get over this mentality of believing something just because it's written in a newspaper.

Sure Crompton, I know much guff gets into newspapers, but think this was discussed in all media, no denial from Harry, so seemed true. If you read the article, it's not the kind of thing that could be made up. I'm happy to hear anything extra you may know about the episode though? Cheers

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/collingwood-footballer-harry-obrien-wants-to-meet-president-obama/story-e6frf7jo-1225863362749

I love all the straight NO!... We currently have Gilles, Pederson, Dunn and Nicholson that rotate through our back line and you all wouldn't want Harry O?!?

Awwww you guys make me laugh......

Yes. He is better than all the players you listed. Can we swap all of them for him? No.

Can we pick him up for nothing? Very, very unlikely.

Thats why it is a no from most people.

He is not a free agent. So we would need to give up something for him. What are you willing to give up for him that Collingwood would accept?

Buckley, figjam , ego is not only not a dirty word its my everything

V

H O my egos just as big as yours but dont call me names as im just a little thin skinned but brighter than you.

Gawd... Given both a pistol at dawn.

Rate'm both as players but cant stand either.

Theyre perfect for black and white as theres no in between for either.

Best left well alone for mine

Edited by belzebub59

That said, the suggested straight swap for Pedersen I'd be open to..haha.

id do it to lol :rolleyes:

Didn't he compare the Goodes "racism" debacle to refugee issues?

He is a major [censored]. A high-and-mighty self-proclaimed moral prophet.

Good footballer though. Get him.

EDIT: Wow..."D O U C H E" is censored? Well done, Demonland *facepalm*.

Edited by Cudi_420
  • Like 2

Barrett said it was something Bucks said that he overheard.

What did he overhear? Bucks saying he could play better? Poor diddums would have been offended at any criticism! I don't think we need any more prima donnas do we?

Sure Crompton, I know much guff gets into newspapers, but think this was discussed in all media, no denial from Harry, so seemed true. If you read the article, it's not the kind of thing that could be made up. I'm happy to hear anything extra you may know about the episode though? Cheers

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/collingwood-footballer-harry-obrien-wants-to-meet-president-obama/story-e6frf7jo-1225863362749

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment directed more at typewriter-toting drainpipe-dwellers than at you or that particular item.

Forgive me please

What did he overhear? Bucks saying he could play better? Poor diddums would have been offended at any criticism! I don't think we need any more prima donnas do we?

You start off by saying you don't know what he overheard, and finish by calling him a prima donna based on what you think bucks might MIGHT have said?

I have said a long time ago I would love to have him playing for us, and I still feel the same way. He would be a major asset at our club.

Who cares if he is a bit outspoken; there's nothing in the rules of the code that says a player cannot speak out on things non football that he believes in. I really do get sick of all of these people who criticise him just because he holds a few off centre views and isn't shy about expressing them.

And as for his supposed anti-fat comments Gorgoroth, are you serious??? How you can draw a comparison between that and his criticism of Eddie and his Goodes comments... are you one of these people who can't stand sledging in cricket? (because that is all it was... a harmless sledge suggesting another player who was obviously not overweight, lose a few pounds).

• Like 1