• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Harry O

I'm guessing most people saw him on the news, what an absolute [censored]. We need players who are tough, in both body and mind. Harry O is neither.

I'd say that the fact that Harry has gone through all that and has still become such a successful person would blow your argument out of the water mate. He is clearly very tough in the mind and has had to deal with a lot more than most.

• Like 5

While he is dealing with his issues maybe he should spare a thought for the fatties.

Let it go for god's sake Gorgoroth. It was a sledge at someone who was obviously NOT overweight and was confined to the field of play. Are you suggesting that sledging be taken out of the game?

Perhaps we should ban spectators from the ground if they accuse the umpire of being blind.

Perhaps we should report players who ask the umpire if he deals in real estate after giving a less than 50 metre penalty to the opposition, as that is an obvious slur on the integrity of real estate agents everywhere.

Undoubtedly depression has clouded his thoughts but I think the history of sexual abuse may well explain why Harry comes across as attention seeking.

I don't want to turn demonland to a discussion on Freud and psychoanalysis but it's well know sexual abuse increases the risk of personality disorders.

I also worry about his decision to proclaim all his troubles in a door stop media interview. It's not that a don't think he's very brave to come forward with his issues but he's missing a great opportunity to quietly come back to the team fold, do his training and start playing again and then detail some of his issues so that he can educate the public. He's still making it about him rather than trying to move on.

Again this guy needs some serious media/PR advice and mentoring about how he can be successful and not look like a [censored]. Otherwise he'll end up like Jeff Kennett in looking like a fool or end up getting fired from celebrity apprentice.

... thats funny & verrry interestink..... as i didn't think he came across as a '[censored]'.... just interesting that your perception determined your opinion that way.

.. so if sexual abuse makes people attention seekers,,,, what determines Narcissistic types, to be so dogmatic & self assured, & seek so much attention?

Edited by dee-luded

Let it go for god's sake Gorgoroth. It was a sledge at someone who was obviously NOT overweight and was confined to the field of play. Are you suggesting that sledging be taken out of the game?

Perhaps we should ban spectators from the ground if they accuse the umpire of being blind.

Perhaps we should report players who ask the umpire if he deals in real estate after giving a less than 50 metre penalty to the opposition, as that is an obvious slur on the integrity of real estate agents everywhere.

But he used that as an excuse for not calling tomahawk a [censored] like its ok and it played out in the public and he is the messiah of all righteousness is this world is O Harry O special one.

So nah, I'll keep gnawing on this bone, he is a [censored].

Im not really sure how HO's media style and public display can be seen as anything but bizarre. His personal circumstances aside his public persona is misguided.

His club think so too. They are pretty cluey. and miffed.

This guy in terms of the original suggested notion is a definite no go zone for mine.

I'm guessing most people saw him on the news, what an absolute [censored]. We need players who are tough, in both body and mind. Harry O is neither.

& all the farmers who are so tough working the dry earth, in the hot summers & harsh droughts. are they tough? & some take their lives.... is that tough?

... sometimes its the toughest who are most vulnerable to depression, because they cannot give in, & break down & cry.. the release of much stress & tension. & its a submission to the problem, that then lets the problem go.

... so if you suffer from depression & don't take your life, but choose to learn to talk about it, & express it, as taught to do by therapists, your then weak & a [censored]... or could it be that talking about it, just makes the squeamish guts churn with the anger that grows from they're own inner fears?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a chewy one. I tend to think he's full of it. He's gone from Harry the nutter to Poor Harry in one quick press conference. I think Harry the nutter still applies.

• Like 1

But he used that as an excuse for not calling tomahawk a [censored] like its ok and it played out in the public and he is the messiah of all righteousness is this world is O Harry O special one.

While you're at it, go and kick a few animals. Might make you feel good

Man this whole situation is messed up.

Harry O'Brien seems to be right caught up in a mix of intensely private things that aren't being shaken out of his mind, and an 'intensely' public life that he embraces with fluctuating enthusiasm and not a lot of measured judgement. Meanwhile, he's looking to be a tough kid at the tough kid's playground at the same time as being the sensitive thoughtful guy at other times.

And the noise around it is even more messed up than the situation itself. There are big swinging d!cks waving around all over this thread. That's not pleasant at all,

Anyway, I still think he's not a fit for Melbourne's needs in the backline.

So I'm done talking about the personal problems of a Collingwood player.

Harry O'Brien seems to be right caught up in a mix of intensely private things that aren't being shaken out of his mind, and an 'intensely' public life that he embraces with fluctuating enthusiasm and not a lot of measured judgement. Meanwhile, he's looking to be a tough kid at the tough kid's playground at the same time as being the sensitive thoughtful guy at other times.

And the noise around it is even more messed up than the situation itself. There are big swinging d!cks waving around all over this thread. That's not pleasant at all,

you paint a picture more vivid than Pollock

• Like 1

are there??? or are they the owners perceptions of themselves. not so big, just imaginary... narcissistic minded, & frailing wannabe egos in a little pond.

are there??? or are they the owners perceptions of themselves. not so big, just imaginary... narcissistic minded, & frailing wannabe egos in a little pond.

Perhaps he has to deal with personal issues to do with his state of mind which are more difficult to overcome when you live in the AFL fishbowl? Hopefully, he's given the right time and space and the best help possible and that he gets himself right to enable him to return to the sport. Best of luck to him.

Jackson... but never mind the pollocks

gold

... thats funny & verrry interestink..... as i didn't think he came across as a '[censored]'.... just interesting that your perception determined your opinion that way.

.. so if sexual abuse makes people attention seekers,,,, what determines Narcissistic types, to be so dogmatic & self assured, & seek so much attention?

read this thread, ask your friends, read the papers. There is a huge perception that he is a [censored]. I don't think he is I think he's a man in need of some help with his personal problems AND some help with his image in the media.

He's a public figure and therefore would benefit from some PR advice I don't see how that's a criticism. Eddie McGuire should be advising him on how best to manage this situation and how to come out the other side loved and admired by the public as a community leader.

As I said I don't want to discuss psychology on demonland so you can look it up but Im not surprised Harry has been dealing with these issues to me it makes his over the top out spoken and almost aggressive stance on moral issue make sense

Perhaps he has to deal with personal issues to do with his state of mind which are more difficult to overcome when you live in the AFL fishbowl? Hopefully, he's given the right time and space and the best help possible and that he gets himself right to enable him to return to the sport. Best of luck to him.

Yep, absolutely.... and its confusing trying to figure out your direction when conflicted with so much inner subconscious distraction... footy would be the easiest thing to him, as it'll keep him busy, and he can at least focus on it... its when its not there, that the demons will surface.

passive types turn depression inward more, into introspection, & self blame... aggressive & narcissistic types tend to be angry & fingerpoint, more like a rhino strolling through a china shop, then they look up & say who me??? grin & run away. these are the ones like the granny in the car, out on the road, with all the carnage happening in their wake.

read this thread, ask your friends, read the papers. There is a huge perception that he is a [censored]. I don't think he is I think he's a man in need of some help with his personal problems AND some help with his image in the media.

He's a public figure and therefore would benefit from some PR advice I don't see how that's a criticism. Eddie McGuire should be advising him on how best to manage this situation and how to come out the other side loved and admired by the public as a community leader.

As I said I don't want to discuss psychology on demonland so you can look it up but Im not surprised Harry has been dealing with these issues to me it makes his over the top out spoken and almost aggressive stance on moral issue make sense

people who think others are flogs, are in denial themselves.

& all the farmers who are so tough working the dry earth, in the hot summers & harsh droughts. are they tough? & some take their lives.... is that tough?

... sometimes its the toughest who are most vulnerable to depression, because they cannot give in, & break down & cry.. the release of much stress & tension. & its a submission to the problem, that then lets the problem go.

... so if you suffer from depression & don't take your life, but choose to learn to talk about it, & express it, as taught to do by therapists, your then weak & a [censored]... or could it be that talking about it, just makes the squeamish guts churn with the anger that grows from they're own inner fears?

Great post, back this 100%