Changes Next Week v Western Bulldogs

Seems everybody is keen to drop Pederson for next week but nobody is arguing for Sellar who was reported as one on the best for Casey last week (whereas everybody is clambering for Magner who didn't receive similar accolades)! Let us try and focus on the most inform players,

Seems everybody is keen to drop Pederson for next week but nobody is arguing for Sellar who was reported as one on the best for Casey last week (whereas everybody is clambering for Magner who didn't receive similar accolades)! Let us try and focus on the most inform players,

It's amazing how much focus is placed on the "best" in the VFL.

We know Sellar isn't up to AFL standard already.

With Frawleys return can't see who he plays on. Edited by big_red_fire_engine

If I had a dollar for every Melbourne-listed player that performed well in the VFL over my time supporting this club...well...I'd be a trillionare.

Two of the worst marking contest efforts you're likely to see, dropped an absolute sitter in another, and yeah, he didn't kick straight either.

SEN must be like half the people on here, and are happy when he gets 15 touches and think he's coming along...

There's zero improvement there.

You clearly were not at the game.

Would have kicked three had Dawes not been paid the free when Watts marked.

And took a great defensive mark running into a pack with the flight of the ball inside their 50 in the last quarter. Kicked two, had one goal assist (Byrnes) could have kicked two more and saved one.

Also was three times ignored when he found space at full forward with our blokes in possession but not looking for him.

I don't often question other posters' knowledge but you have no idea, DA.

• Like 2

If someone posts '.....I've got a feeling we're a real chance this week....' I'm gonna break stuff.

We're still short of putting long passages of play together and turnovers kill us.

Baby steps.

Let's see a full team on the park first.

I've got a feeling that we're a real chance this week

• Like 1

Is Magner really up to AFL?

• Like 1

Ins: Frawley - Gawn - Jetta

Outs: Spencer (susp) - Pederson - Nicho

FB: Terlich - Frawley - Dunn

HB: Garland - McDonald - Clisby
C: Trengove - Sylvia - Toumpas
HF: Watts - Dawes - Howe
FF: Davey - Gawn - Byrnes

R: Fitzpatrick - N.Jones - M.Jones

I: Blease - Jetta - Rodan

S: Kent

Will wait till after the Casey game before making a decision. But it'll be along the lines of:

IN: Frawley, Gawn, Jamar, ? (One of McKenzie, Magner, Tynan, MacDonald, Tapscott, Jetta, Taggert or Bail)

OUT: Fitzpatrick, Pedersen, Dawes (inj), Spencer (susp)

From what I head on the radio, they were suprised Dawes even played today, so he may be looking at a week out after the early sub, but fingers crossed.

Given the Casey result my inclusions would be.

IN: Frawley, Gawn, Jamar

OUT: Fitzpatrick, Pedersen, Spencer (susp)

FB: Garland, Frawley, Terlich

HB: Dunn, McDonald, Clisby

C: M. Jones, N. Jones, Byrnes

HF: Howe, Watts, Kent

FF: Gawn, Dawes, Davey

FOLL: Jamar, Sylvia, Rodan

INT: Blease, Toumpas, Trengove

SUB: Nicholson

EMERG: Davis, Fitzpatrick, Jetta

Will give Dawes every chance to get up, hope he does. Pedersen I think is toast and I think will be a mainstay at Casey for the next 2.5 years. Fitzy has had 3 weeks now and I think it's time Gawn came back.

Davis an emergency in case Frawley doesn't get up. Fitzpatrick emergency in case Jamar doesn't get up and Gawn considering he had limited game time for Casey and Jetta emergency for Dawes of all people. If Dawes doesn't get up bring Jetta into the midfield and but Byrnes to half forward and Howe can play deep.

Agree with comments that Pedersen has to sit out this week as Dogs have a smaller forward set up and Tommy Mc is likely to take their only tall in Liam Jones.

They still have Stringer, who is quite a good lead-up forward, so Garland would take him.

From what i saw of Dogs game, they seemed to be playing Markovic )yes i know he's normally a defender) as their third tall forward option and I'd imagine Frawley would get him.

The other worry for us down back would be finding a match-up for Dunn. I'd make Dunny the sub this week - that way he could even be thrown forward if we are still in it.

Losing Spencer is a big blow as that means Gawn has to play on Minson - but at least we will find out how far off making it Maxy is.

The other issues is whether Dawes is fit - the Dogs do a lot of switching play to keep possession so there's no point him playing if he still has that calf niggle.

If Jordie's fit he would come back in to tag Griffen, if he's not then Magner deserves a shot to provide grunt - but been saying that all year and he's only had two chances and he was clearly in our best against Tigers.

Both Couch and Taggert did not play for Casey so surely can't be considered this week.

So my ins/outs, assuming Dawes is sore and Jordie is fit are:

Out: Spencer (susp). In Gawn

Out: Pedersen. In Frawley

Out: Dawes (inj). In: McKenzie

Nicho starts instead of Dunn.

Howe is lead up forward instead of Dawes so that he can provide more pressure on Dog switchers.

If they are really keen they can also change the following this week, but I doubt they will.

Out: Rodan. In: Magner

Out: Kent (for two weeks only to get some leather poisoning at Casey before a return). In: Jetta, or if they are really keen to make a youth statement then go for Dom Barry.

• Like 1

Wed dont need Pederson or Sellar in the team when Frawley, T Mac and Garland are all in there.

And thank god for that.

• Like 2

Out: Spencer and Pado

In: Frawley and Gawn.

Nice and simple. We keep the structures the same but swap out for a better defender and a slightly less able ruck (although I think he might be a better forward). Jamar would be a better match for Minson in the ruck, but I don't know what the status of his injury is.

• Like 1

Jamar & Gawn can't be included

Someone has to do the ruck duties at Casey.

Fitzpatrick deserves another crack. Gawn also.

So maybe Jamar comes back where he began in the twos

Jamar & Gawn can't be included

Someone has to do the ruck duties at Casey.

Fitzpatrick deserves another crack. Gawn also.

So maybe Jamar comes back where he began in the twos

Since when does the need for Casey have anything to do with our selection?

Jamar and Gawn can't both come in because I think Fitzy is improving and shouldn't be dropped.

It will be Jamar v Gawn for the number 1 ruck spot and if Jamar is fully fit I'd go for him otherwise I agree bring Gawn in and send Jamar to Casey. Could go either way.

The form and strength of Minson leans me more towards Jamar than Gawn at this stage.

Edited by the master

I can't believe evryone is leaving Byrnes in their sides. Every possession he had other than his goal, thanks to Flash, was a turnover. Doesn't try and spoil if the ball is a bit high for him. Can't run. Insipid chasing. Offers nothing.

If we pick him in a side, we are waving the white flag.

• Like 1

I can't believe evryone is leaving Byrnes in their sides. Every possession he had other than his goal, thanks to Flash, was a turnover. Doesn't try and spoil if the ball is a bit high for him. Can't run. Insipid chasing. Offers nothing.

If we pick him in a side, we are waving the white flag.

Agreed.

I said this a month ago and everyone got on my back. To me his biggest problem is he gets majority of his touches late in games when it is over, and he is soft. Prefer to have a younger player in.

You clearly were not at the game.

Would have kicked three had Dawes not been paid the free when Watts marked.

And took a great defensive mark running into a pack with the flight of the ball inside their 50 in the last quarter. Kicked two, had one goal assist (Byrnes) could have kicked two more and saved one.

Also was three times ignored when he found space at full forward with our blokes in possession but not looking for him.

I don't often question other posters' knowledge but you have no idea, DA.

That's bull, dropped some sitters and laughed about one of them, good at presenting but needs to hold his marks and make the most of the few opportunities he gets

IN: Frawley, Gawn, Strauss, Magner

OUT: Fitzpatrick, Pedersen, Dunn, Spencer (susp)

FB: Garland, Frawley, Terlich

HB: Strauss, T McDonald, Clisby

C: M. Jones, Sylvia, Toumpas

HF: Blease, Watts, Howe

Fwd: Rodan, Dawes, Davey

FOLL: Gawn, Trengove, N Jones

INT: Magner, Kent, Byrnes

SUB: Nicholson

EMERG: Davis, Fitzpatrick, Jetta

I want to see Tynan given a go, we need to see if the kids got it before the end of the year... His VFL report doesnt read that bad either:

Josh played a solid game. He is winning more of the ball and continuing to tackle hard. He had 21 possessions and seven tackles, which was a good contribution

That's bull, dropped some sitters and laughed about one of them, good at presenting but needs to hold his marks and make the most of the few opportunities he gets

Which bit is bull? That he kicked two? No.

That he would have kicked three had the free not been paid to Dawes? No.

That he took that defensive mark as described? No.

That he had a goal assist? Not bull either.

That he found space but was unseen by our blokes who needed to lift their eyes? No, that happened three times.

So what is it.?

Yes he spilled one in front of the members he should have taken, missed a couple of gettables but what's bull?

You want a blemish free game you'll have to find something else to watch.

• Like 1