WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

MFC Staff had a meeting yesterday and were told that basically Roos is the new coach.

I'm overseas at the moment and my bookkeeper rang the club about a payment and she was told by one of the staff so she sent me an email.

Not to dampen the mood here, but Roos hasn't met with MFC Staff as reported on here, and hasn't been confirmed.

He will not be at the B&F tonight.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mmmmm bookkeeper one of 2 words in the English language with a consecutive triple double

• Like 2

Thought Sunday was the first day since 2011 he looked like he wasn't running in cement boots.

I thought that too. Spring in the step he had.

Not to dampen the mood here, but Roos hasn't met with MFC Staff as reported on here, and hasn't been confirmed.

He will not be at the B&F tonight.

I would be stunned if he had met staff. It is hard enough for a few people to keep something quiet let alone all the staff. Also there would be no need for him to do it. Plenty of time after it is official.
  • Like 2

I would be stunned if he had met staff. It is hard enough for a few people to keep something quiet let alone all the staff. Also there would be no need for him to do it. Plenty of time after it is official.

It has been reported, however, that he has met with the leadership group. To ask the rhetorical question, why would he do that?

It has been reported, however, that he has met with the leadership group. To ask the rhetorical question, why would he do that?

If i were guessing its because hes bought in and on board. Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 1

I hope the MFC has thrown Roos a little sweetener. Jazza will give Tammi and the kids a free, 5 day tour of the Otway’s with stop offs at all the Colac & Districts footy grounds. Who needs Bhutan when you have Forest, Irrewarra-Beeac, and Alvie.

followed by a scenic tour of romsey, burwood and the gatwick. now that should clinch the deal

• Like 3

Umm, because the staff don't take to the field?

Occurred to me that if you were an ambitious assistant coach you would be jumping at the opportunity to join Roos at Melbourne. The main reason being to learn from an experienced senior coach how to develop, lead and rebuild a team from the bottom of the ladder such that they can assail the top of the ladder.

Given new senior coaches are generally appointed to struggling teams at the foot of the ladder learning how to take them up is the core skill required of any new coach.

I suspect that MN having spend his apprenticeship at a successful Collingwood never fully understood the challenges of taking a team from bottom to top.

• Like 10

On OTC Monday night, Paul Roos (our new coach) stated that PJ asked him to meet with the leadership group, he obliged and found them to be an impressive bunch of individuals or something along those lines

• Like 2

followed by a scenic tour of romsey, burwood and the gatwick. now that should clinch the deal

DC comparing the beautiful Otways and their footy grounds with Jazza as host to Romsey, Burwood and the Gatwick is almost as silly as setting someone on fire on a mad monday!

• Like 1

Occurred to me that if you were an ambitious assistant coach you would be jumping at the opportunity to join Roos at Melbourne. The main reason being to learn from an experienced senior coach how to develop, lead and rebuild a team from the bottom of the ladder such that they can assail the top of the ladder.

Given new senior coaches are generally appointed to struggling teams at the foot of the ladder learning how to take them up is the core skill required of any new coach.

I suspect that MN having spend his apprenticeship at a successful Collingwood never fully understood the challenges of taking a team from bottom to top.

Not just that PaulRB, but if you were ambitious you might also see that there is an opportunity for a succession plan which worked spectacularly well when Roos handed over to Longmire. Learn from one of the best in the business then take over the reins.

• Like 1

Positive? That we will trade I hope!

In the Hearld Sun article in early August where Roos outlined his plan on how to turn Melbourne around, he considered Watts our most important player moving forward and vital for any new coach to re-sign. Under Roos Watts will not be traded unless he askes to be and the chances of that under Roos are slim. Interestingly in the article Roos also expected Melbourne to receive #1 draft pick as a Priority Pick. Irony aside Roos stated he would put this pick (Boyd) or pick 3 up for action for an elite midfielder or 2, A Graders aged between 22 -24yo.

I expect we will receive Pick 1.

http://www.thefordhamcompany.com.au/paul-roos-herald-sun-column-22/

After re-reading this article it was clearly a 100 day plan, outlined to the board and PJ.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 7

Just wondering...How all the media know how much anyone in the AFL is getting paid??

It is always stated that Roos will get 1.5 to 2 mil a year....How do they know this....were they present when the deal was/is signed??

It is the same with the players .......Stated that so and so is getting 400,000 a year....Reportedly

It just makes me sick ....The media know stuff all about how much anyone is paid.....actually none of their business.....Or ours.....

How long is Brett Kirk contracted for over in Perth? i wouldn't be surprised if he was pretty keen to coach alongside Roosy and Roosy pretty keen to have him there.

• Like 1

I would not expect roos to be at the b&f tonight. Tonight is about 2013 season and waving that goodbye. He doesnt need to sit through that crap.

If he does sign then he can start fresh and moving on to 2014

So I guess this is the last night for our assistant coaches as well. Rawlings I still rate as a good coach but I hope the other 2 have gone

Edited by dees189227

I would not expect roos to be at the b&f tonight. Tonight is about 2013 season and waving that goodbye. He doesnt need to sit through that crap.

If he does sign then he can start fresh and moving on to 2014

So I guess this is the last night for our assistant coaches as well. Rawlings I still rate as a good coach but I hope the other 2 have gone

In all honesty how would you know?

With the list we have JC could not get them up.

• Like 2