• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WHO ARE WE AGAIN?

Demonland

Great to see Jetta, Bail and Evans get a gig. They all play with natural grunt and run.

I hope Tappy can reproduce his Casey form - at least in some regard.

I simply cannot believe Pedersen is in. He lacks the intensity of all the other ins.

This team looks a lot more balanced.

can't understand why sellar is in the team.. good on him for having a crack, you can have a crack all you want but if you can't get or do anything with the ball i just can't see why we would play him. we Don't need 7 big men in a team that already lacks huge amounts of skill. He can't compete in the ruck or in the air up forward, he adds nothing, we are better of using pedo as cone for the opp ruckman and having an extra running player who can shark it or just give more around the ground. I know neeld is trying to create this environment based around strong work ethic but playing players who have 0 skill is just digging your own grave. bring in kent

Casey kicked 23 goals on the weekend. Kent managed one of those, albeit a nice one. He wasn't listed in the bests, and was mid-table for possessions.

We have enough kids whose development has been cruelled by being thrown in too early, at least let's learn from our mistakes. He's 18. Let him have half a season of really solid performances at Casey and actually earn a call-up.

So swap him with Toumpas. He can't get a kick at the moment.

Lol Pederson couldn't get a kick all pre season, then got dropped after he couldn't get near it in round one now gets promoted after not getting a kick for Casey. Can somebody make sense of all that?

Cam Pedersen: Cam was required to play in defence, as Troy Davis withdrew from the game with illness. In a much improved performance, Cam finished with 21 disposals and took 11 marks, which included a couple going back with the flight. Cam will take plenty of confidence from this game.

Either do I. Blease was great in the one quarter he got 1st round and yes, had a poor one last week, but he is better than Byrnes, who IMO has been hopeless in both games. Long term as well we need games for Blease. This IMO is a pathetic selection. Great way to make another young player want to leave the club.

Oh come on... Byrnes has seen little of the ball simply because the likes of Blease were not getting it to the forward line. Edited by hardtack

I am amazed at the love for Watts and Blease. Watts was the poorest player over the first 6 quarters of football we have had in both effort and output. Amazingly the best footy he played last year was after he was sent back to Casey to find the footy and earn a spot. Blease was awful last week in accountability and defensive effort. The same can be said for Rodan. The changes made are based on effort not output alone. Surprisingly we have bought in players in bail, Evans and Jetta who run hard and have defensive aspects. Pederson and Tapscott is reward for going back and playing well and addressing points of weakness.

I would have dropped Jamar but its alot to ask Gawn to come in against Cox. i think Gawn is one more poor Jamar performance away from a run at the giants in round 4

• Like 4

Dont drop our few talented players including Watts and Sylvia! I'm sure they "think they are going fast" ala Chipper in Round 1. Just motivate them properly.

Anyway, things wont be right until the factions WJ refers to are finally removed. Neeld is tainted and has to go. He came in and ruthlessly and stupidly enforced Schwab's directives -

1) Moloney, Green, Rivers, Davey are no leaders drop them and shame them. (they have all left save Davey who is saddled with big contract and most other players who've been around for a bit wanted to go too. Neeld put babes in as captains. Bad coaching. Gotta love Grimesy effort though!

2) Bailey was too soft on the indigenous players, be harder on them. Knucklehead Neeld did this harder than anyone expected, scandal ensued (Mifsud etc) and they have all left save Jetta and the aforementioned Davey. And don't tell me Wona was going anyway - sure he was under duress from family issues but was making a go of it, living at Dean Bailey's house when Dean got sacked. They are exceptional journeys that these remote indigenous players are on. They needed to be supported appropriately.

Of course Neeld has gone on to do his own handiwork by trading out our elite but unfulfilled talent and getting in VFL players.

Neeld has been tainted by the Schwab/Bailey conflict and then so horrible all on his own. Anyone looking for the next step in our revival need look no further than Mark Neeld. He has to go now, or after GWS if you guys actually need more proof!!

well said

Hope they had a shave this week. Concentrate on their football instead of looking in the mirror to see how long the beard is.

I hope they didn't shave this week. Concentrate on their football instead of looking in the mirror to see how good the shave is.

• Like 2

Cam Pedersen: Cam was required to play in defence, as Troy Davis withdrew from the game with illness. In a much improved performance, Cam finished with 21 disposals and took 11 marks, which included a couple going back with the flight. Cam will take plenty of confidence from this game.

He would want to. I think another 3 to 6 games with Casey would have sent a better message and also provided him some good game time in defence learning his craft. More than likely he'll only end up being dropped again after this week knowing the way our revolving door ins & outs record has worked in the past. That will do a world of good to his confidence! As Frankie-D says.... Honor before Honers.

Don't mind Watts going to Casey to get some touch. He is terribly low on confidence!

How the fudge Sylvia continues to cruise through life I am not sure.

At least Gillies is gone. To hopefully be forgotten.

Happy to see Bail, Jetta and Evans. They are all triers.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1

Don't mind this line up, on paper a bit more run, which hopefully translates into better spread and a man on man game. Not sure about Sellar Glass is to clever for him would not be surprised for whats to get a reprieve, Glass's weakness is having to run and turn he runs well in straight lines but lacks a lot of mobility. Spencer v Cox would have been my match up. Those calling for mass changes pretty hard to do in one week, I think when we look at our side around Round 10/12 will be a lot different in personell as compared to Round 1

B: Neville Jetta, James Frawley, Dean Terlich

HB: Jack Trengove, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland

C: Michael Evans, Jack Grimes, Jack Viney

HF: Matt Jones, Mitch Clark, Jeremy Howe

F: Aaron Davey, James Sellar, Shannon Byrnes

FOLL: Mark Jamar, Colin Sylvia, Nathan Jones

I/C: Jimmy Toumpas, Cam Pedersen, Luke Tapscott, Rohan Bail

EMG: Jack Watts, David Rodan, Jake Spencer

IN: Rohan Bail, Luke Tapscott, Neville Jetta, Cam Pedersen, Michael Evans

OUT: Tom Gillies (groin), David Rodan, Sam Blease, Jack Watts, Daniel Nicholson

this is a bit better.

lets hope we can hold it together.

Disapointed Blease got dropped. Closest thing to a small forward we got happening. Probably the last MFC player to kick a decent bag of goals to.

Give the kid a chance.

Make him earn it at Casey like Tappy did last week

• Like 1

Geeze thats interesting, not what i expected to be honest.

Would love to keep Blease in as he adds a bit of run and carry X factor.

Whats up with Watts? I do often fear and believe that he would thrive at another club.

Tapscott, this is a MUST PLAY WELL GAME FOR YOU SON!

Toumpas, just go about your game and enjoy yourself, thats all we expect for you this year. Dont be so hard on yourself.

Its not outright speed we need right now.

Its more a mature composed stance in the contest.

we need to be able to stand our ground & fight.

when the team settles into some composed form, then we can start to add some frills.

• Like 2

when the team settles into some composed form, then we can start to add some frills.

agreed, baby steps please. I would have thought first order of business is working out how to not get completely blown away by a barrage of quick opposition goals.. this is clearly an obvious comment but if I were in charge that would be my focus.. making sure the game is not a complete whitewash by half (or even quarter) time. I would say the best way to go about that is to have everyone play tight on their man and lock up the ball. Obviously it would also help if we didn't have the worst ruckman in the world handing the opposition the cleanest centre clearances imaginable, that is in dire need of a revisionary tactic also. If we lose by 10 goals this weekend I will be happy, as insane as a comment as that is, it is the first step back from the hell we are currently in.

• Like 1

What i would like to have seen....

(OUT) Jamar, Sylvia, Toumpas, Blease, Gillies, Watts, Seller & Trengove

(IN) Gawn, Jetta, Evans, Bail, Couch*, Magner*, Tappy, Kent (Sub)

I realise * = rookie listed but what a massive error placing these 2 on the rookie list. Reminds me of the 2 Jack Captains blunder. Mid field screaming for some kind of support and the only 2 reasonable ball getters at Casey can't be called up. Seeing as we can't and he kicked 6 then Tappy's an auto call up obviously. Trengove was recalled at least 2 to 3 games too soon IMO so only placing him in as an (Out) as i believe he should never have been called up last week. Tappy should have retained his spot and given time to settle/redeem from previous week's poor effort. Chopping and changing 2nd or 3rd season young blokes every other week is the worst thing for their confidence i reckon.

And lets leave Sylvia in (again and again and again) after yet another sub par performance. Yet Rodan, who had about 1/3rd as much game time gets 1 less possession, but we'll drop him straight away, best he doesn't get a chance to settle and find some form! Send him back to the Magoos and lets bring in a less experienced player with a smaller mid field AFL bod so he can get taught a lesson by Priddis, Kerr, Selwood & Co :huh:

And Jamar stays in after getting smashed last week? Can't leap, can't mark. Shocking disposal even for a ruckman. But lets leave Gawn in the Magoos who is at this point our most 'likely' ruck prospect for this season and beyond until/unless we trade in someone decent. Height will at least help him compete in the centre bounce under the new ruck rule and couldn't be a worse liability around the ground vs Jamar. More than likely isn't AFL match fit at this point but i'd take even half a game of competitiveness versus a whole game of virtually zilch including dropped marks, panick handballs etc.

Comedy selection capers at the MFC.....yet again :blink:

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

I don't think I've seen 5 worse "ins" from an AFL side. None come to mind, anyway. It's going to be another shocking game.

I now know the real cause of all our problems. The SELECTION PANEL! What has Petersen done for such a quick recall? He was only playing against the easy beats Frankston. Did Sam Blease a deserve the chopper? Watts could have been given one more chance IMO. He really is too good to discard.