Should Nathan Jones be made Captain for 2013

Guest KingDingAling

Should Nathan Jones be made Captain next year  

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest KingDingAling

Thought I would start a poll.

Jones stands out above all others.

I believe he should be our captain in 2013, has earned this right.

Keep at least Grimes on as dumping them both would be a poor show of faith in both our young captains. Grimes is doing fairly well I think, and I wouldn't mind seeing Trengove and maybe Jones/Clark in vice captain roles next year.

• Like 1

Dumping our captains after one season sends a great message to the playing group... not!! Particularly so close on the heels of the dumping of J McD and Brad Green. In my opinion, and speaking as a Nathan Jones fan, I think that regardless of his qualifications, replacing the current captains would be entirely counter productive and what little morale there is in the playing group would be lost.

• Like 12

I really think that Bate should be in consideration.

Experienced.

Big bodied.

Appears to be turning the corner formwise (not talking bout turning circle

Well respected.

Jesus Christ monkey balls.

These are dark times to be an MFC supporter.

• Like 2

Guest KingDingAling

Jones should be captain and we've got it wrong, call it a silly thread all you want.

Grimes and his 2 kicks and Trengove and his one paced efforts are hardly leading the way now.

Jones has had a dip all year and along with Clark are the leaders.

Neeld, face it, you got it wrong, now rectify it!!

I think we made a mistake in not making him captain this year, however I still think we shouldn't keep changing our captains around. Just let it play out. As long as Jones keeps playing like he does, not un-captain like when you think of Jobe Watson i.e winning the disposals every week and being our best player, I'm happy. Plus, what is the update with him and Jamar?

• Like 1

Jones should be captain and we've got it wrong, call it a silly thread all you want.

Grimes and his 2 kicks and Trengove and his one paced efforts are hardly leading the way now.

Is he even in the leadership group?

• Like 1

I voted yes out of respect for the bloke. I think it should've happened this year. But I take the point that you don't want to undermine the two Jacks. They've done it damn tough this year - the first half of the season just a horror - and should retain the post. Two decent young blokes.

I still miss junior and am still damn pi$$ed that he was sacked. I've felt that from the minute I heard about it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

• Like 1

No, you've got it wrong.

Jones has been great on-field so far this year, there's no denying that.

But, here you are saying that he should be Captain based purely on this variable alone.

Do yourself a favour and go and read a book on Leadership just so you have a bit of an idea.

Thought I would start a poll.

Jones stands out above all others.

I believe he should be our captain in 2013, has earned this right.

WB DEMONLANDERS

Nothing's changed. A good idea here only to be shot down in flames. An obvious post and one that has to be made. Not a result of one bad loss but many.

Fact is Melbourne has gone further backwards since our opening debacle V LIONS.

Injuries smidgeries-no excuses. Same problems exist now that were obvious in the Season Opener. No leaders, No rudder and little or no game plan. IMO it's a no brainer either Jones/Clark or Clark/Jones for next year. Neeldy is a learner and while I question his skills his passion is obvious. 6-8 wins in 2013 won't cut it though for him and I can't see us Winning 8. Hope so though! GOOD POST

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GOLDIE'S METTLE by Meggs

On a perfect night for football at the home of the Redlegs, Norwood Oval, it was the visiting underdogs Melbourne who led all night and hung on to prevail in a 2-point nail-biter. In the previous round St Kilda had made it a tough physical game to help restrict Adelaide from scoring and so Mick Stinear set a similar strategy for his team. To win it would require every player to do their bit on the field plus a little bit of luck.  Fifty game milestoner Sinead Goldrick epitomised

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 1

2024 Player Reviews: #19 Josh Schache

Date of Birth: 21 August 1997 Height: 199cm   Games MFC 2024: 1 Career Total: 76   Goals MFC 2024: 0 Career Total: 75     Games CDFC 2024: 12 Goals CDFC 2024: 14   Originally selected to join the Brisbane Lions with the second pick in the 2015 AFL National Draft, Schache moved on to the Western Bulldogs and played in their 2021 defeat to Melbourne where he featured in a handful of games over the past two seasons. Was unable to command a

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

2024 Player Reviews: #21 Matthew Jefferson

Date of Birth: 8 March 2004 Height: 195cm   Games CDFC 2024: 17 Goals CDFC 2024: 29 The rangy young key forward was a first round pick two years ago is undergoing a long period of training for senior football. There were some promising developments during his season at Casey where he was their top goal kicker and finished third in its best & fairest.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 20

2024 Player Reviews: #23 Shane McAdam

Date of Birth: 28 May 1995 Height: 186cm Games MFC 2024: 3 Career Total: 53 Goals MFC 2024: 1 Career Total:  73 Games CDFC 2024: 11 Goals CDFC 2024: 21 Injuries meant a delayed start to his season and, although he showed his athleticism and his speed at times, he was unable to put it all together consistently. Needs to show much more in 2025 and a key will be his fitness.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 29

2024 Player Reviews: #43 Kyah Farris-White

Date of Birth: 2 January 2004 Height: 206cm   Games CDFC 2024: 4 Goals CDFC 2024:  1   Farris-White was recruited from basketball as a Category B rookie in the hope of turning him into an AFL quality ruckman but, after two seasons, the experiment failed to bear fruit.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 2

2024 Player Reviews: #44 Luker Kentfield

Date of Birth: 10 September 2005 Height: 194cm   Games CDFC 2024: 9 Goals CDFC 2024: 5   Drafted from WAFL club Subiaco in this year’s mid season draft, Kentfield was injured when he came to the club and needs a full season to prepare for the rigors of AFL football.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 8

REDLEG PRIDE by Meggs

Hump day mid-week footy at the Redlegs home ground is a great opportunity to build on our recent improved competitiveness playing in the red and blue.   The jumper has a few other colours this week with the rainbow Pride flag flying this round to celebrate people from all walks of life coming together, being accepted. AFLW has been a benchmark when it comes to inclusivity and a safe workplace.  The team will run out in a specially designed guernsey for this game and also the following week

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEMING by Meggs

It was such a balmy spring evening for this mid-week BNCA Pink Lady match at our favourite venue Ikon Park between two teams that had not won a game since round one.   After last week’s insipid bombing, the DeeArmy banner correctly deemanded that our players ‘go in hard, go in strong, go in fighting’, and girl they sure did!   The first quarter goals by Alyssa Bannan and Alyssia Pisano were simply stunning, and it was 4 goals to nil by half-time.   Kudos to Mick Stinear.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEM by Meggs

How will Mick Stinear and his dwindling list of fit and available Demons respond to last week’s 65-point capitulation to the Bombers, the team’s biggest loss in history?   As a minimum he will expect genuine effort from all of his players when Melbourne takes on the GWS Giants at Ikon Park this Thursday.  Happily, the ground remains a favourite Melbourne venue of players and spectators alike and will provide an opportunity for the Demons to redeem themselves. Injuries to star play

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!