Austin Wonaeamirri Delisted

jayceebee31

Unfortunate in a fashion but inevitable given the way its all panned out. The club whilst nurturing must maintain a pragmatic reality about things.

Good luck in the future Aussie.

It's sad that Wonna is going. But we've got to stop this, being scared that if one player leaves, an avalanche will occur. The tail doesn't wag the dog, or if it did we would be the saints.

IF player X has to leave because player 'Y', has been delisted, then we don't need that sort of commitment at the Dees.

Generally Dee, I totally agree with this comment. However, I think in Liam's case, it is a unique situation. Coming from where he has to where he is, it would have to be one of the toughest things to deal with. If he felt having Aussie around helped him semi-adapt to "city" life, then I can imagine it would have some impact on LJ if Aussie were to move back.

I'm not trying to sound like a smart arse, but try imagining having to shift to Yuendumu, finding someone who you can relate quite well with, then for that person to move away leaving you there on your own. While I appreciate he has 3 or so years to get used to the city way, it would still be a big loss for Liam.

Sad but not unexpected. I really hope we pick him up in the rookie draft, I reckon he still wants to be at the club and I think he's got plenty of talent, he just needs the application.

Another decision where Neeld could easily have gone the softer way. I think we are seeing an early pattern here.

Edited by Yoda

And may have been Wonna sitting up north eating turtles sending a txt to Neeld, "Hey Neeldy, wonner here. Not comin back".

wish the little fella happiness.

Also though with maric gone will prob target small forwards in the draft.

Although 2 of the best mature age options have gone to StKilda. Also I feel we have bigger fish to fry with out first pick in the draft. Our recruiters are going to have to be clever.

Was it the club that told him he was delisted, or was it Aussie saying that he'll be staying in the Tiwis?

This is my question as well. Last I heard MN said that they were waiting to see if and how Aussie turned up to training. It may be that he simply didn't show and as such was cut. It may be that he told the club he couldn't commit. It may be that he came in overweight. Or it may be that he came in and was told to pack his things and head off. I'm very curious to know which actually occurred.

• Like 1

Melbourne website records the following:

Summary of Melbourne List Changes

Primary List Additions

- Mitch Clark (Exchanged with Brisbane Lions for pick No.12)

Primary List Changes

- Addam Maric (delisted)

- Austin Wonaeamirri (delisted)

- Matthew Warnock (traded to GC Suns)

- Tom Scully (GWS)

Rookie List Changes

- Cameron Johnston (delisted)

- Tom McNamara (delisted)

- Michael Newton (delisted)

- Robbie Campbell (retired)

I am really sad to see Wonna go. A genuine small forward with great skills and could really tackle.

McNamara was kept on last year but looks lost at AFL level.

And I never again have to type the words into a Demonland post "Pllleeeaasssseee no more Newton". Yes, my friends, he is gone. It really was a waste of a lot of skill. His kicking and marking are of a high quality but his desire to get the ball and get into the play was weak and timid.

PSD draft etc... is now very interesting.

PSD draft etc... is now very interesting.

Don't think a selection will be made in the PSD draft. After the delisting of Wonaeamirri that frees up 3 senior spots and with picks 36, 52 and 54 in the draft, I'm fairly certain all the senior spots will be filled there.

The rookie draft however becomes very interesting, with 4 selections, who knows what we will find?

"Clancy's gone a drovin', and we don't know where he are..."

Or, in the words of the MFC website..."Unfortunately, we have been unable to adequately communicate with Aussie to determine his future intentions."

Very sad. But, that's life...

Or, in the words of the MFC website..."Unfortunately, we have been unable to adequately communicate with Aussie to determine his future intentions."

Yeah. Hope he gets it together - seems like a very switched on guy who's simply lost his way.

"But the bush hath friends to meet him and their kindly voices greet him

In the murmur of the breezes and the river on its bars

And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended

And at night the wondrous glory of the everlasting stars".