Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



Ugottobekidding

The Jack Watts in 2018 Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, machine11 said:

Watts will bag 9 possesions against the dees

Fixed

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From this

“Apparently earlier today I was in a 'sel-harm' mood and instead of calling lifeline I went through with it and watched the last quarter of the final game against Collingwood.

Jack Watts absolutely stank it up that quarter. From failing to cover his opponent (cost a goal) to spectating and then failing to lay an effective tackle or smother in the goalsquare (cost a goal), to spectating and then arriving too late to affect a contest just outside the square (cost a point, luckily) to fluffing a forward run, to a whole string of really poor body language, it was terrible.

I don't have a personal problem with Jack Watts the way some people seem to, but rewatching his last quarter for us has left me with a much better understanding of why he had to be moved on.

Wishing him all the best (up to a certain point) at Port, and also confident we made the best decision possible at the time.”

to this

“Inspired by Little Goffys post above i watched the entire R23 game.    ...missed it back then. 

Pies gave it their best. 

IMO Watts’ poor last quater was a bit exaggerated above. 

When we were thrashed in Q1 he was our best player, was good in Q2, maybe still our best by half time,,,  average third and poor last quarters. 

I think the public nature of his unfair MFC treatment foolishly reduced his trade value for us. 

Here’s wishing Jack every success at Port Adelaide!”

nothing is ever black and white

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, demondame said:

From this

“Apparently earlier today I was in a 'sel-harm' mood and instead of calling lifeline I went through with it and watched the last quarter of the final game against Collingwood.

Jack Watts absolutely stank it up that quarter. From failing to cover his opponent (cost a goal) to spectating and then failing to lay an effective tackle or smother in the goalsquare (cost a goal), to spectating and then arriving too late to affect a contest just outside the square (cost a point, luckily) to fluffing a forward run, to a whole string of really poor body language, it was terrible.

I don't have a personal problem with Jack Watts the way some people seem to, but rewatching his last quarter for us has left me with a much better understanding of why he had to be moved on.

Wishing him all the best (up to a certain point) at Port, and also confident we made the best decision possible at the time.”

to this

“Inspired by Little Goffys post above i watched the entire R23 game.    ...missed it back then. 

Pies gave it their best. 

IMO Watts’ poor last quater was a bit exaggerated above. 

When we were thrashed in Q1 he was our best player, was good in Q2, maybe still our best by half time,,,  average third and poor last quarters. 

I think the public nature of his unfair MFC treatment foolishly reduced his trade value for us. 

Here’s wishing Jack every success at Port Adelaide!”

nothing is ever black and white

 Jack was singularly responsible for his drop in trade value

We got market price after 9 years or erratic and poor perfomances and a percieved lack of commitment

Good luck Jack  at Port

I, for one ,no longer cares what he does

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He''ll predictably jump out of the blocks for Port with 17.2 by round 5.

Then the Port supporters will be calling for his head by about round 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

564242.jpg

His head looks too small for his body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

564242.jpg

That looks photoshopped.  A boys head on a mans body?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

His head looks too small for his body.

There is something in that, Deemented. Never recognised it before but you are definitely correct. Maybe is a 'readiness' thing brought on by training with Port - aligned to mental acuity in order to understand the purpose of the game? Could be wrong but he looks comfortable....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

564242.jpg

Looks like a young boy in a mans XXL jumper. The crouching over part makes it look even odder.

No one is beefing up anymore in the AFL. Everywhere I read people are discussing slimming down and focusing on the aerobic side.

Will be interesting to watch how Watts reacts this year to change. I honestly don't think much will change. Will be some polished moments followed by lots of time going missing and minimal second efforts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, deeko said:

Looks like a young boy in a mans XXL jumper. The crouching over part makes it look even odder.

No one is beefing up anymore in the AFL. Everywhere I read people are discussing slimming down and focusing on the aerobic side.

Will be interesting to watch how Watts reacts this year to change. I honestly don't think much will change. Will be some polished moments followed by lots of time going missing and minimal second efforts

I know exactly what will happen:

Watts is capable of good games of footy, and when he plays one there will be posters on here who will cry foul about the trade immediately.  Hell, it doesn't even need to be that good of a game.  He might snag 3 goals, 2 of which are 'Joe the Goose' style, and they'll yell from the rafters that we should never have let him go, the trade is a disaster, Goodwin is an idiot and so forth.

Then he'll go missing for a few games.  So will those posters.  Then he'll play another decent game and out of the woodwork they come again to get stuck into the trade.

It will be the same as the boot camp stuff.  The moment we lose a game, a team kicks a few goals in a row etc. we will get the smarmy comments about not doing the boot camp, we're soft, we're no good, it's been the same way for 54 years etc.  Then we play well and, funnily enough, they go quiet.  Until they feel the need to pipe up again.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

His head looks too small for his body.

That's because Port have told him he's got to be more like Joe Daniher.

Fast learner, our their Jack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 7:36 AM, ucanchoose said:
On 1/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, machine11 said:

Watts will bag 9 against the dees

Most probably will bag 9 goals against us if he gets to play on OMac. No worries...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/01/2018 at 9:27 AM, Wiseblood said:

I know exactly what will happen:

Watts is capable of good games of footy, and when he plays one there will be posters on here who will cry foul about the trade immediately.  Hell, it doesn't even need to be that good of a game.  He might snag 3 goals, 2 of which are 'Joe the Goose' style, and they'll yell from the rafters that we should never have let him go, the trade is a disaster, Goodwin is an idiot and so forth.

Then he'll go missing for a few games.  So will those posters.  Then he'll play another decent game and out of the woodwork they come again to get stuck into the trade.

It will be the same as the boot camp stuff.  The moment we lose a game, a team kicks a few goals in a row etc. we will get the smarmy comments about not doing the boot camp, we're soft, we're no good, it's been the same way for 54 years etc.  Then we play well and, funnily enough, they go quiet.  Until they feel the need to pipe up again.

Works in reverse for other no so pro Watts. When he played good, really good games they went into the woodwork refusing to acknowledge his performance. Good luck Jack we will really miss you and so will Hoges and Jeffy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the player who will really make us pay this year is Jack Trengove, last year’s Casey Demons B&F. Our Casey team looks pretty formidable this year but would be enhanced further by retaining Jack on the Casey list (where we re-allocated Garland)!

Edited by CBDees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, pleased to see Jack get off to a positive start and being well supported by his senior coach.  How did we manage to get this one so wrong?  Classic MFC!  Hopefully,  we can beat them in the GF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There once was a boy named Jack

Who sometimes copped a lot of flack

He kicked 6 one week

And the trolls they did seek

To act as though they'd snorted some crack.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can remember when Mitch Clark kicked 6 goals in a practice game for Geelong after he left the Dee’s.

I know this holds no real relevance to Watts but who cares.

Clearly it’s something to marvel in for some people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2018 at 11:31 PM, Jimcor2 said:

So, pleased to see Jack get off to a positive start and being well supported by his senior coach.  How did we manage to get this one so wrong?  Classic MFC!  Hopefully,  we can beat them in the GF.

Get Fritsched.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its in a preseason practice game.  It is still 6 goals against his name but the intensity of the normal season is missing as clubs focus on their own structures.  If he can maintain that form all year, it'll be the jack we expected but didn't get often enough. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×