DubDee

JLT Round 1: Dogs at the Kennel

511 posts in this topic

im already fired up for the first practice match, and even get to see the girls play after.

will be interesting to see how Goody sets up and who plays where.

does anyone know if you need to pre-book tickets (as the womens matches are popular)?

#: 2   Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, DubDee said:

im already fired up for the first practice match, and even get to see the girls play after.

will be interesting to see how Goody sets up and who plays where.

does anyone know if you need to pre-book tickets (as the womens matches are popular)?

As this is the first Dogs game after a GF win and their girls are playing as well I would think your chances are next to nil.

Edited by old dee
2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Copuchas said:

I think the upgrade tickets are all gone and just GA left.....

thanks for letting me know.  better get on it

I had a similar issue with the GWS vs Dees womens' game that is on as a curtain raiser to the GWS v Swans JLT match out in Sydney's wild wild west at Blacktown.  I phoned the MFC and was told that I don't need to book, but just show up with my (and my son's) membership cards and we will be scanned in for free.  Hopefully being the opening game and not involving two Sydney clubs, crowds won't be an issue... but once scanned in, we have the option of staying for the JLT match as well.

#: 7   Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, hardtack said:

I had a similar issue with the GWS vs Dees womens' game that is on as a curtain raiser to the GWS v Swans JLT match out in Sydney's wild wild west at Blacktown.  I phoned the MFC and was told that I don't need to book, but just show up with my (and my son's) membership cards and we will be scanned in for free.  Hopefully being the opening game and not involving two Sydney clubs, crowds won't be an issue... but once scanned in, we have the option of staying for the JLT match as well.

I'd be contacting someone at GWS to double check because they'll be hosting the game I guess and the Dees staff might not know much about what will happen up there. Does a Melbourne membership get you in to a GWS v Sydney men's game, that's my query?

That said, even with the Swans involved will a preseason GWS game in Western Sydney sell out? Should be right one way or the other.

Edited by DeeSpencer
1 person likes this

Anyone know when they usually release the team lists? Usually Thursday or something right?

The usual procedure in the past has been that a squad of 27 is announced two days before the game. Three players then are eliminated from the final 24 who play.

I'm assuming that it's the same this year. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I'd be contacting someone at GWS to double check because they'll be hosting the game I guess and the Dees staff might not know much about what will happen up there. Does a Melbourne membership get you in to a GWS v Sydney men's game, that's my query?

That said, even with the Swans involved will a preseason GWS game in Western Sydney sell out? Should be right one way or the other.

I've had an email regards the WCE game at Subi. Same deal, it's GA but to ensure a seat upgrade ect etc.

My only concern is that if I do upgrade, do I actually get allocated a seat as opposed to looking for something better, given the stadium holds ~35k... The usual interstate seats are plain terrible. 

Have to buy a ticket because its a double header (i believe), so I did!

Who or what is jlt?

8 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Who or what is jlt?

JLT Sport

17 minutes ago, McQueen said:

That is a shocker of a website. Looks like something from local broker. 

1 person likes this

There must be plenty of $ in insurance if they're sponsoring this competition.

3 hours ago, McQueen said:

I've had an email regards the WCE game at Subi. Same deal, it's GA but to ensure a seat upgrade ect etc.

My only concern is that if I do upgrade, do I actually get allocated a seat as opposed to looking for something better, given the stadium holds ~35k... The usual interstate seats are plain terrible. 

In the past pre season games at Subi have been just sit where you want. I wouldn't bother with the upgrade a Thursday night you're hardly going to get more than 20k attending. And the stadium holds around 42 to 43k

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

In the past pre season games at Subi have been just sit where you want. I wouldn't bother with the upgrade a Thursday night you're hardly going to get more than 20k attending. And the stadium holds around 42 to 43k

I reckon after we've towelled up the Dogs and Blues the fair-weathered WCE supporters will give it a miss anyhow.

1 person likes this

Well this has snuck up quickly. 

I'm not too sure what to expect from this game. Hopefully our players blow the cobwebs out after a long pre-season and we see young and inexperienced players like Weideman, Oliver and that young up and comer Jordan Lewis have a crack for a starting 22 position.

Provided he plays this weekend, I'm looking forward to watching Hibberd out in the red and blue for the first time. He's my early smoky for a top 5 Best and Fairest placing.

I am not overly worried about the result but I am looking forward to seeing some competitive footy and having the chance to get a look at some of the individual performances from the younger players.

Will be looking to see how Oliver gets up for his second season after a full pre-season. Petracca, Brayshaw and The Wied are the others i will be watching closely.

2 hours ago, McQueen said:

Thanks

I thought it may have been something to do with that famous guy who got shot in Dallas the year before our last flag, or maybe that guy who now wears #24 for us.  They have somewhat similar acronyms, and initials confuse me SQcM.

11 hours ago, monoccular said:

Who or what is jlt?

JLT insure a number of suburban leagues.

Really have no chance to watch this live on Saturday, you will need to get to the Kennel by 12pm to get in. All the feral Bulldogs supporters on a massive high will be out in force.

12 hours ago, McQueen said:

wonder if they were essendrugs insurer?

Hopefully we can start the Premiership hangover to end all hangovers for the Dogs.

Just bought my ticket – I wasn't able to purchase a General Admission Grandstand Seat (which was one of the options) so I assume they are sold out.

I'll have to slum it on Ground Level – Never been to the ground so hoping for a good viewing experience.

1 minute ago, Eyes on Red & Blue said:

Just bought my ticket – I wasn't able to purchase a General Admission Grandstand Seat (which was one of the options) so I assume they are sold out.

I'll have to slum it on Ground Level – Never been to the ground so hoping for a good viewing experience.

Last time i went to The Western Oval was in 1988 when Terry Wallace had his jaw redecorated!

3 people like this