• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

4 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Week in week out the AFL has another tribunal controversy to deal with as it attempts to address concussion issues and balance player safety with the contest. I'm quite torn, as I enjoy the heavier aspects of our sport, but recognise some of what went on in the past is not really okay. I don't enjoy the AFL's bumbling efforts at a fix but I also don't have a magic formula. The one thing though, no matter how inconsequential or not, Marlion Pickett should take at least a two-week break for striking Oliver. We can't get the other stuff right, but if the intent is there in a non-playing action, it should be an immediate suspension in my opinion. 

Thats not tough and it’s not enjoyable to watch.  
And I hate it when the commentators say it’s an open hand and that the force was insufficient. Like that really changes a parents opinion on whether to let their child play!!

The sooner Laura Kane actually does something the better for the whole game (grassroots up). I believe the penalty needs to be doubled for not being a “football” act where cheap shots like this get a minimum of two weeks. They’ll stop doing it pretty quick I reckon. 

I feel for Toby Greene and his recent suspension as he probably would’ve been award the front on contact free if he didn’t protect himself. His intent wasn’t to hurt someone. That said, Jesse should’ve had his one game increased for the brain fart of swinging at the defenders face. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I thought he just looked a bit buggered. Nothing else. 

You could say the same about a lot of the team. We really seem a little flat after Adelaide.

I found his interview quite good and it was great to see him out there talking.

Didn't really see his finger but the panel remarked how sore it looked and he admitted in the interview, he probably shouldn't have played against the lions.

Playing at that level and that role with a busted hand would wear you down.

The reports on SEN are that it was a fingernail problem only. 

I found Maysie’s interview post game such an interesting example of modern day coaching.

He said that at half time Goodwin had a laugh with them about how bad the kicking had been, and told them to improve their fundamentals. 15 years go that was screaming, and fire and brimstone.

Edited by The heart beats true
  • Like 8
  • Shocked 1

36 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Sorry but that was the most insipid performance - one I couldn’t have even predicted. Our midfield is seriously underperforming. 

Piffle. We won comfortably. .  

• Like 3

I've got no trouble with how we played.

First quarter we fought it out in their half-forward,  next quarter it was fought out in our forward-half.

Tigers came at us with a pressure game.

If anything we had problems finding open spaces. Then they couldn't go with us in the second half, scoreboard pressure was building and players like Bolton had to try and do it by himself. Reminded me of Hungry (Bartlett). Richmond fans are fickle lot, fairweathers. Feel sorry for Ooze if he doesn't start getting some wins.

Turner will start getting some attention, a good mover and finisher.

Backline is very mature, handled the entries well and continued to rebound it. The capacity to not give Tigers shots from easy places. 

Our youngsters are doing well. Billings is improving. Kossie getting more centre stoppage time.

Plenty of building as the season continues. Our balance of big and small players is about right, the coaches did some adjustments after the first half and quietened some of their ball movers.

Had the game on our terms after the third, by stringing some goals together. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What happened to our forward pressure? It was a staple of our game in 2021 and seems miles away now. I get we are playing a different style but we still shouldn't be letting teams waltz it out with ease.

Agree. Apart from one chase down tackle from Chandler in the last I can't remember the Tiger runners being put under too much pressure coming out if their back 50.

OK I admit when I saw Laurie in the team I thought oh great. But he was great as a sub. Came on, made an impact & kicked 2 goals. 

On the radio after the game lever said at half time all ge could do was laugh because he'd never see us kick so badly. Glad he was amused. But I thought at 1/2 time Goodwin would get us back on track.

Can I just say a credit to our backline for keeping Shai Bolton under control & not really letting him impact the game 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What happened to our forward pressure? It was a staple of our game in 2021 and seems miles away now. I get we are playing a different style but we still shouldn't be letting teams waltz it out with ease.

So many Richmond marks in our 50 too. We couldn't get it to hit the desk to save ourselves.

• Like 1

What happened with the Marlon Pickett/Oliver incident? Just saw Oliver down on his haunches and Viney remonstrating with Pickett but of course no replay on the screen - anything on the TV for those playing at home?

1 hour ago, DemonWA said:

Hows all the 'supporters' hand wringing at half time like the world was ending. Turn off your phones in future.

Walked it in. 

Valuable experience for a heap of the young guys infront of a big crowd. 

No doubt room for improvement but bank the wins and keep working to get better 

Say that next week, because if we play like that vs cats it will be over by half time and it will be the lions game all over again. All fine if we want to limp into the 8 and make up the numbers but I think most people here would expect more

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What happened with the Marlon Pickett/Oliver incident? Just saw Oliver down on his haunches and Viney remonstrating with Pickett but of course no replay on the screen - anything on the TV for those playing at home?

Punch to the guts, off the ball. 

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pickett punch/slapped him in the stomach as the ran past, should be 1 week for stupid, unnecessary and ugly… but won’t be, and will be a fine because Pendleton got off earlier in season. 

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

On the radio after the game lever said at half time all ge could do was laugh because he'd never see us kick so badly. Glad he was amused

I said in the game day thread at half time that our kicking was so bad it was ‘almost funny’. Apparently it was ‘actually’ funny. Oh well, half right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

ABC radio said Clarry was hit behind play. Possibly an open palm rather than a closed ‘fist’. Sounds like he’ll have a case to answer.

8 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

A reminder that despite being tagged and clearly not being at his best, Trac still had a game-high 7 score involvements. 

Good to see him work through his tag. On SEN he actually said he enjoyed the experience.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Pickett punch/slapped him in the stomach as the ran past, should be 1 week for stupid, unnecessary and ugly… both won’t and will be a fine because Pendleton got off earlier in season. 

Not sure the AFL will enact the “good bloke” policy in this case. They certainly did with Pendlebury. The commentators well and truly made you understand that, too. 

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Like 1

Just now, Mel Bourne said:

Not sure the AFL will enact the “good bloke” policy in this case. They certainly did with Pendlebury. The commentators well and truly made you understand it too. 

Agree, I hate the hypocrisy, it’s diminishing the game. 

• Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

Terrible game - are we still 'banged up'?? Hmmm.

Disco 'It's Good to Deeee Alive, It's Good to Deeee Alive' Turner ❤️ - do we have a Tom Papley 2.0 on our hands? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

10 goals to 2 in the second half and only gave up 5 goals all match. 

Demonland can be the absolute worst sometimes. 

I watched the first half after working some VPN magic then had to board a flight. I could tell we were a smidge off with execution but I was so sure we would open the game up in the second half and win. 
Imaging landing and seeing that’s exactly what happened, getting a text from my dad to say nobody was injured, and then coming to Demonland to see the wrist slashing. 

Worst game we’ve ever played? Surely anyone who says that has only lived max 4 years. 

I am looking forward to watching the second half of the worst game ever. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kozzie, Chandler and to a lessor degree ANB & Roo used to bring that.

Kozzie & Chandler weren't bringing so much tonight from what i thought i saw.

ANB spending alot less time inside 50 of late?

Roo spending about 10% or so in the middle reduces his influence here vs prior years.

We also used to see a small amount from Clarry.  But not sure his two way running and second efforts around the ball are anywhere near his best from prior years so far.

Petty also a long way off bringing any kind of pressure.

Hopefully Kozzy & Chandler can up the ante next week with a few assists from the likes of Laurie & Windsor.

Edited by Demon Dynasty

9 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Pickett punch/slapped him in the stomach as the ran past, should be 1 week for stupid, unnecessary and ugly… both won’t and will be a fine because Pendleton got off earlier in season. 

Yeah but is Pickett a good bloke? 😉