GAMEDAY: Rd 07 vs Richmond

Whoa! I just noticed something I’ve never noticed before and I think it’s a sign! Wearing a huge hoodie that belongs to my son and look what’s on the sleeve!

9467843B-9854-414F-A9A3-230E190D6A02.thumb.jpeg.dae4a00c34519ba3f9bb7e4340937dba.jpeg

🤯

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

So impressed with Tmacs return to form. I just hope Bbb can back to how he was against the dogs. I thought Tmac was done and dusted but he has re.. reinvented himself down back again and doing a very solid job.  

As for Bbb I think he may have been hampered by his injuries again  in his last two outings and so yea he sadly needs a break.

Yeah they are both playing in the lap of the injury gods . TMac works well down back ,but I hope in doesn't get the stage where they move him forward to cover a problem.

The only "ins" forward should  be Melksham ,"rotating smalls" and players coming up from Casey.

Milkshake eventually would have  a good feel to like TMac and BBB

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Whoa! I just noticed something I’ve never noticed before and I think it’s a sign! Wearing a huge hoodie that belongs to my son and look what’s on the sleeve!

9467843B-9854-414F-A9A3-230E190D6A02.thumb.jpeg.dae4a00c34519ba3f9bb7e4340937dba.jpeg

🤯

Dont you do his ironing for him

• Haha 2

This is the first ANZAC eve game I have missed, so like many others will be on the couch. 

I don't see this as an easy win at all. 3 main factors: 1)The Yze knowledge factor. 2) The Tiges three outstanding defenders (Grimes, Vlastuin and Broad) all back playing together, and 3) our still-forming forward mix.

But there is a huge class difference. Gawn will be at his unstoppable best, our backline should smother their forward efforts, and our best players are way better than theirs at the moment.

Even around half time, Dees to pull away to win by 25 - 30 points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

For those of you not in Melbourne I can report that after a wet night, we are now bathed in glorious sunshine. From where I am (inner Melbourne) there's not a cloud in the sky. Hope it stays that way for the rest of the day.

It's still raining in Clayton and I've just heard it's snowing on Mt Buller!

4 minutes ago, deanox said:

Not sure what to do ,go to clayton or buller

• Haha 4

That's an impressive stat, there i am bemoaning goals at the death of each quarter too 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

51 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Dont you do his ironing for him

What is this ‘ironing’ of which you speak? 

I actually do own an iron but I’m only hanging onto it because I figure it’ll be a museum piece one day. 😁

• Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

The only two concerns for me are in this order;

1/ Slippery conditions / weather

2/ Shai Bolton

I don’t believe we are a great wet weather (or slippery ball team). We chronically overuse handball. Shai Bolton is a star. If we can overcome both challenges we have too much talent to drop this game and should win comfortably. Would love to put them away early and take away any hope they may have and silence the tiger faithful.

• Love 2

29 minutes ago, deanox said:

Just started raining here in Sth Yarra, turning to drizzle.

Forecast still indicates minimal rain from now on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demonland said:

image.jpeg

GL5XNTJbIAA6HEu?format=jpg&name=large

I'm (pleasingly) surprised by this. 

I feel for the past five seasons or so I've been excessively agitated and critical of our inability to defend the 'junk time' scoring of opposition sides! Gladly put in my place with this one, fantastic records on both stats.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roy11 said:

That's an impressive stat, there i am bemoaning goals at the death of each quarter too 

They only cited the stat for points conceded in Time On not the stat for goals scored on the death of each quarter which for us is probably in the 80 to 90% range. *

* I have no stats to back this claim up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

We should pump them & if we do I still won’t be getting excited. Cats & Blues is the real test for the season so far.

and GWS...

we have all of them plus Collingwood in the next seven weeks (not to mention Freo and the Saints)

It will be season defining if we can go 5-2 or better

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Drizzle has stopped and I can see some blue sky on the horizon.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, forever demons said:

is vfl on tv or fox

It is streamed on the "AFL live" app, as is most VFL, VFLW and other interstate tier 2 games.

A replay is also available the next day, usually. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IRW said:

Yeah they are both playing in the lap of the injury gods . TMac works well down back ,but I hope in doesn't get the stage where they move him forward to cover a problem.

The only "ins" forward should  be Melksham ,"rotating smalls" and players coming up from Casey.

Milkshake eventually would have  a good feel to like TMac and BBB

McAdam?

1 hour ago, Newport34 said:

Game day baby. [censored] pumped!

Disco under lights at the G.

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Disco...lights...

Disco Club Light Royalty-Free Images, Stock Photos & Pictures | Shutterstock

For those unable to attend tonight's reverential and otherwise solemn ceremony prior to the game. As the stadium lights return and the game is about to begin. Forget the SEN app, mute Seven's commentary. Flip the disc onto the turntable platter and pump up the volume.

PLAY LIST

1. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (if the tiggers go hard in the first half and the Dees are behind)

2. Dan Hartman - Instant Reply (guaranteed to happen, AFL sanctioned score review with product placement).

3. Rick Dees -Disco Duck (give the man a guernsey)

4. Evelyn 'Champagne' King - Shame (default if the umpiring is one -sided otherwise select dom perignon)

5. Average White Band -Pick up the Pieces (if Richmond has momentum Maysie and the Boys may need to...)

6. Chic - Le Freak (Bayley has broken off the chain. Nothing more need be said)

7. Van McCoy - Do the Hustle (Max, Clarry, Tracc and Vines take command  in the centre square)

8. Donna Summer - Hot Stuff  (Kysaiah Pickett receives nomination for AFL Father of the Year and turns it on at the 'G)

9. KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty (Jacob van Rooyen celebrates contract extension with a big goal)

10. The Trammps - Disco Inferno (Dees apply the blowtorch to the now faltering tigers)

11. Rose Royce - Car Wash (Ooze looses personal bet with Goody. Will give the Jag XE a polish as well)

12. Earth Wind and Fire -September (expectations will be exceeded).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, Newport34 said:

Disco...lights...

For those unable to attend tonight's reverential and otherwise solemn ceremony prior to the game. As the stadium lights return and the game is about to begin. Forget the SEN app, mute Seven's commentary. Flip the disc onto the turntable platter and pump up the volume.

PLAY LIST

1. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (if the tiggers go hard in the first half and the Dees are behind)

2. Dan Hartman - Instant Reply (guaranteed to happen, AFL sanctioned score review with product placement).

4. Evelyn 'Champagne' King - Shame (default if the umpiring is one -sided otherwise select dom perignon)

5. Average White Band -Pick up the Pieces (if Richmond has momentum Maysie and the Boys may need to...)

7. Van McCoy - Do the Hustle (Max, Clarry, Tracc and Vines take command  in the centre square)

8. Donna Summer - Hot Stuff  (Kysaiah Pickett receives nomination for AFL Father of the Year and turns it on at the 'G)

9. KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty (Jacob van Rooyen celebrates contract extension with a big goal)

10. The Trammps - Disco Inferno (Dees apply the blowtorch to the now faltering tigers)

11. Rose Royce - Car Wash (Ooze looses personal bet with Goody. Will give the Jag XE a polish as well)

Disco...lights...

PLAY LIST

Disco...lights...

PLAY LIST

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Bright sunshine in the land of our new training base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2