Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


The year of the Dee



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I have Collingwood, Carlton Brisbane, GWS, Sydney and Adelaide ahead of us this year.

Now that's some meat we can all chew on!

Adelaide I disagree; they had 17 players play 20+ games in 2023, which is ridonkulus team stability. A 'good' season would see 12. That included all 4 of their over 30yr players; Sloan, Walker, Laird and Smith, which is a handy quartet of veterans to say the least! I think they are at their peak already and will hover for a while, in the competetive range, but not excel.

GWS & Carlton are similar propositions to each other in that they both came good late in the year but haven't quite proven themselves yet. Strange to think that Carlton fans were on the 'sack Voss' bus early in the year. Both teams fluctuate wildly within and between seasons. Either could dominate everything or not even make the 8.

Brisbane are professional competitors with an excellent, balanced and mature list. Only a grand final hangover could explain them dropping very much.

Sydney have all kinds of firepower and flair but they finished 8th for a reason; their record against other finalists includes a win over the early season misery version of the Blues, and a win over the Giants. That's it. They had a 3-ply soft draw, with the Demons and Giants the only top-8 teams they played twice.

Collingwood don't deserve to be allowed to take the field, but their lawyers ensure they'll be back.

 

Melbourne, Collingwood and Brisbane are the core contenders and go into on level standing. Several others may menace if they get momentum going.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dl4e said:

We can be a contender alright but I believe it is our last year.

I have consulted all manner of oracles, crow entrails, talking fish and even tried a little bit of alphitomancy (the tastiest form of soothsaying) and can confirm that we will be winning the 2028 premiership as a profound changing of the guard moment after which a collection of heroes of the club will retire and the new generation we are just glimpsing now will mature to their full and carry the flame forward.

This does not exclude premierships between now and then, but 2028 is the confirmed glorious sunset for our current mature wave.

Knowing this fact is why I am always in a good mood.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Well, don’t make stoopid comments and I won’t pipe up. Simples, even for you.

Bizarre comment and highly ironic, but then again forums are always the best place to view the vagaries of human existence. 

Maybe learn to contextualise commentary before posting some inane and recalcitrant tripe. 

I never commented on Oliver, I spoke of the team. You quoted my words, so as I said, consider developing the ability to contextualise what they mean.

But please, continue the brave straw man argument. 
 

 

Edited by BLWNBA
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gs77 said:

Another good omen is that our last 5 grand final appearances (1960, `64, `88, 2000, `21) were all Summer Olympics years - so too is 2024. 😆

Indeed, we have won 6 GF's in the year the summer Olympics were held. That's 2 more than any other team. We also won in 1940, a scheduled Olympic year, but something else was going on at the time, apparently.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our 3 most important players are Brayshaw, Oliver, and Petty all have question marks if we can get them fit and firing we have a definite chance for the flag. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fear we have missed our chance with injured older players a game plan that wasn't sustainable and it appears other teams may have gone past us

The eight beckons but i really think that we may fall short a lot needs to go right for us 

6th or 7th is my tip

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Our 3 most important players are Brayshaw, Oliver, and Petty all have question marks if we can get them fit and firing we have a definite chance for the flag. 

Whilst Trac and Oliver are our two best players, in my view swap Brayshaw for May and Oliver for Gawn and you have this right. Take out any of those three (May, Gawn, Petty) and we take away weapons that cant be replaced. Petty started to show how vital he is to our forwardline last year before injuries.

We have proven last year we can win without Oliver due to our depth in the contest and ability to start to push others through there. I suggest anything we get out of Oliver in 2024 is an unexpected plus. Even when he plays games he will have had such a limited preseason it will impact his run both ways and ability to get contest to contest. A Trac-less Dees on the other hand is an unknown equation due to his consecutive play. I suggest he would be more missed than Clarry as well. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Winning a flag is tough. It's too high a benchmark to set.

In my opinion, Top 4, and winning a final are our benchmarks. From there if we win a flag then it's a bonus. But making the Prelim should be the minimum goal for the team. Not winning the flag won't be a failure.

  • Like 10
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, BLWNBA said:

I would be very surprised if we’re anywhere near the pointy end and expect us to potentially slide out of the 8. 
 

We’ve been exposed the last two seasons and nothing has ultimately changed over the past three draft/trade/FA periods (I’m not expecting Windsor and/or Tholstrup to take us to the promised land in their first season; this isn’t a comment on their long-term prospects).
 

An ageing list, coupled with off-field immaturity and a soft-underbelly that’s been present since post 2021. What’s not to like? 

Slide out of the 8? Seriously get off the crack pipe.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, praha said:

Winning a flag is tough. It's too high a benchmark to set.

In my opinion, Top 4, and winning a final are our benchmarks. From there if we win a flag then it's a bonus. But making the Prelim should be the minimum goal for the team. Not winning the flag won't be a failure.

Yep. Secure Top 4 and hopefully have a fit and firing list to choose from in September. 

Edited by BDA
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JJR said:

Slide out of the 8? Seriously get off the crack pipe.

The same response I received from other posters when I said another straight set exit beckoned for this side halfway through this year. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

alphitomancy

Thanks LG

That's a new word for moi.

And a very funny one.

Although I suspect not so much for the suspect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 58er said:

player in my previous post I didn’t even cover was JVR. I can see him having a real breakout year if we get the forward options we have deliberately targeted plus our existing talent all around him. 

He's a great reason to be excited about this years footy.

A fit forward line of Petty, Fritta and a Jvr will be dynamite I reckon.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, praha said:

Winning a flag is tough. It's too high a benchmark to set.

In my opinion, Top 4, and winning a final are our benchmarks. From there if we win a flag then it's a bonus. But making the Prelim should be the minimum goal for the team. Not winning the flag won't be a failure.

100% agree. 

Goody has said from the get go that the aim is to build a team that is contention for a flag for many  many years. And that is exactly what they have done. 

To be objective as possible I apply a racing punters lens to the question of how we'll go next season.

In punting the key data point is of  course form - of each individual horse in isolation, and more importantly how the form of each horse compares with its competitors.

In doing form, (good) punters look at historical form and recent form. 

Applying a similar lens to the next afl season then these are the pertinent facts (im conceptualising the 2024 season as a Group one WFA classic like say a cox plate).

Using the last three seasons as a  reference point for historical form to assess the chances of the dees finishing top 4:

- the dees have finished top 4 three times

- the dees have won one flag 

- that is the best 'form' of any team over that period

- the pies are next best with two top 4 finishes and one flag

- next best is the lions with 3 top 4 finishes and one GF appearance 

- swans and port can argue over next best 

So, over three seasons the best three teams based on their records are  in order, the dees, pies and lions. In horse racing parlance they are top 3 rated teams

Looking at recent form (last season):

- after very strong win loss records in the regular season the pies won the flag and the lions made the gf. They were the two best teams in 2023. 

- against the two best teams in the 2023 the dees went 50 50 against both, including a narrow loss against the premiers in the QF

- so if for instance you really rate the pies, on form it is logically inconsistent not to also rate the dees

What about up and comers? In racing there's of course always the possibility of a new star coming along and usurping the current class horses. Are there any such contenders in the AFL?

The historical evidence (another important data point in horse racing) is that it is relatively rare for a team to come from outside the 8 and make top 4 the next season. Not impossible but rare.

That knocks 10 teams out of being a top 4 contender

Of course more common for teams who made the 8 to take the next step and make the top 4.

Can one of the blues, swans, giants or saints make the top 4? Absolutely.

And port can stay in the top 4 too of course (and I think will).

But applying my form equation none of those teams' record over the last three season makes for a compelling argument.

And looking at last season's form only the blues and giants make a strong case for taking the next step and finishing top 4.

On the dees key competitors I largely agree with Little Goffy's excellent assessment.

I really rate the giants and hard to argue with the blues form. So both a chance for a top 4 finish. I can't see swans or saints making it

Port finished top 4 and I think if Hinkley can implement a modern defensive system will do so again. 

Another factor to consider is class. In both horse racing and footy class is more subjective than form (on form the record is the record(.

Personally i would argue we have the best list in the AFL (lions, port, pies, giants next).

And i also think we have the most balanced list of say the top 10 teams in terms of the balance and spread of age and experience (pies, port, giants next).

So in totality what does that mean from a punters form perspective?

The dees are very likely to make the top 4, as are the lions and pies. 

The dees are very unlikely to miss the 8.

I haven't looked at the current betting markets for top 4 and top 8 They would have nothing in the pools and futures betting is a mug's game (they may not even have them up yet).

But they would be the most accurate assessment as the prices are set by the professional analysts bookmakers employ and are yet to be influenced by the market (ie punters betting).

If I was to set a market/price for the dees it would be:

Top 4 finish: $2.50 

Top 8 finish: $1.40 (winx says hello)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, binman said:

100% agree. 

Goody has said from the get go that the aim is to build a team that is contention for a flag for many  many years. And that is exactly what they have done. 

To be objective as possible I apply a racing punters lens to the question of how we'll go next season.

In punting the key data point is of  course form - of each individual horse in isolation, and more importantly how the form of each horse compares with its competitors.

In doing form, (good) punters look at historical form and recent form. 

Applying a similar lens to the next afl season then these are the pertinent facts (im conceptualising the 2024 season as a Group one WFA classic like say a cox plate).

Using the last three seasons as a  reference point for historical form to assess the chances of the dees finishing top 4:

- the dees have finished top 4 three times

- the dees have won one flag 

- that is the best 'form' of any team over that period

- the pies are next best with two top 4 finishes and one flag

- next best is the lions with 3 top 4 finishes and one GF appearance 

- swans and port can argue over next best 

So, over three seasons the best three teams based on their records are  in order, the dees, pies and lions. In horse racing parlance they are top 3 rated teams

Looking at recent form (last season):

- after very strong win loss records in the regular season the pies won the flag and the lions made the gf. They were the two best teams in 2023. 

- against the two best teams in the 2023 the dees went 50 50 against both, including a narrow loss against the premiers in the QF

- so if for instance you really rate the pies, on form it is logically inconsistent not to also rate the dees

What about up and comers? In racing there's of course always the possibility of a new star coming along and usurping the current class horses. Are there any such contenders in the AFL?

The historical evidence (another important data point in horse racing) is that it is relatively rare for a team to come from outside the 8 and make top 4 the next season. Not impossible but rare.

That knocks 10 teams out of being a top 4 contender

Of course more common for teams who made the 8 to take the next step and make the top 4.

Can one of the blues, swans, giants or saints make the top 4? Absolutely.

And port can stay in the top 4 too of course (and I think will).

But applying my form equation none of those teams' record over the last three season makes for a compelling argument.

And looking at last season's form only the blues and giants make a strong case for taking the next step and finishing top 4.

On the dees key competitors I largely agree with Little Goffy's excellent assessment.

I really rate the giants and hard to argue with the blues form. So both a chance for a top 4 finish. I can't see swans or saints making it

Port finished top 4 and I think if Hinkley can implement a modern defensive system will do so again. 

Another factor to consider is class. In both horse racing and footy class is more subjective than form (on form the record is the record(.

Personally i would argue we have the best list in the AFL (lions, port, pies, giants next).

And i also think we have the most balanced list of say the top 10 teams in terms of the balance and spread of age and experience (pies, port, giants next).

So in totality what does that mean from a punters form perspective?

The dees are very likely to make the top 4, as are the lions and pies. 

The dees are very unlikely to miss the 8.

I haven't looked at the current betting markets for top 4 and top 8 They would have nothing in the pools and futures betting is a mug's game (they may not even have them up yet).

But they would be the most accurate assessment as the prices are set by the professional analysts bookmakers employ and are yet to be influenced by the market (ie punters betting).

If I was to set a market/price for the dees it would be:

Top 4 finish: $2.50 

Top 8 finish: $1.40 (winx says hello)

Tx Binners.

I just checked Tab and your not far from the mark.

1.55 to make finals.

Equal with Carlton in fourth spot to be final four at $3.

Equal with Carlton in fourth spot to win flag at $ 9.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I tend to be a bit on the glass-half-full side of things, I'd prefer a few more glass-half-empty posters in place of the couple of glass-completely-empty posters we seem to have.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Tx Binners.

I just checked Tab and your not far from the mark.

1.55 to make finals.

Equal with Carlton in fourth spot to be final four at $3.

Equal with Carlton in fourth spot to win flag at $ 9.

Ta.

In punting parlance, on my assessment $3 for the dees to to make the top 4 is overs.

And $3 for the blues to make top 4 is unders.

And on my assessment $9 for the dees to win the flag is well and truly overs.

I would have us as second favorites, behind the Pies, to the the win the flag at $6.50.

By the by i think we will win the flag. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 hours ago, BLWNBA said:

I would be very surprised if we’re anywhere near the pointy end and expect us to potentially slide out of the 8.

3 hours ago, JJR said:

Slide out of the 8? Seriously get off the crack pipe.

3 hours ago, BLWNBA said:

The same response I received from other posters when I said another straight set exit beckoned for this side halfway through this year. 

Rinse repeat.

 

BLWNBA replied to Gawndy the Great's topic in Melbourne Demons

Dees will miss the top 8.
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BLWNBA said:

The same response I received from other posters when I said another straight set exit beckoned for this side halfway through this year. 

I'm glad You were able to predict that Petty, Fritsch, Brown and Melksham would all be injured, that we would kick horribly for goal, that Brayshaw would be smashed in a shocking incident and that JVR would be suspended for the second final, because without all of these occurrences happening we would NOT have exited in straight sets.  Nostradamus: move over!!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We'll make the GF.

We had a Grundy problem last year not to mention the other.

I think we can sort out the forward line with Roo ,Petty and Fritta good targets.BBB a bonus if fit.

Might see some big improvers such as Sparrow,Spargo ,ANB and Bowey now showing total reliabilty.Riv also.

I don't expect full seasons from Melk and BBB or Tom Mac.

Be nice to have Salem and Fritsch firing all year.

Pickett will be AA material.

Petracca,Gawn and Viney will back up as usual.

Oliver will prove his detractors wrong and sort himself.

One or two new guys should emerge.

We are closer to another grail than it seems.

 

  • Like 9
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Our 3 most important players are Brayshaw, Oliver, and Petty all have question marks if we can get them fit and firing we have a definite chance for the flag. 

Our 3 most important players are Petracca, Gawn and May.......I'm in no way saying your 3 aren't important but lose Petracca, Gawn and or May and we're done. As a lifelong Dee's optimist this season leaves me feeling a little flat. I was certain of success last year and those finals hurt more than any others apart from the 87 Prelim. We are responsible for a Pies flag and only a flag will heal my pain. 

Edited by Roost it far
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Might see some big improvers such as Sparrow,Spargo ,ANB and Bowey now showing total reliabilty.Riv also

Would like to see Rivers in the middle as much as possible this year.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BLWNBA said:

Bizarre comment and highly ironic, but then again forums are always the best place to view the vagaries of human existence. 

Maybe learn to contextualise commentary before posting some inane and recalcitrant tripe. 

I never commented on Oliver, I spoke of the team. You quoted my words, so as I said, consider developing the ability to contextualise what they mean.

But please, continue the brave straw man argument. 
 

 

I hope you cut that thesaurus into small pieces before swallowing it. Wouldn’t want you to choke on it, now would we 😘

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ollie fan said:

I'm glad You were able to predict that Petty, Fritsch, Brown and Melksham would all be injured, that we would kick horribly for goal, that Brayshaw would be smashed in a shocking incident and that JVR would be suspended for the second final, because without all of these occurrences happening we would NOT have exited in straight sets.  Nostradamus: move over!!

Okay. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

    PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 91

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 39

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 455

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 833

    TRAINING: Wednesday 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training. KEV MARTIN'S CAPTAIN'S RUN OBSERVATIONS No-one in rehab this morning, a Captain's run, 26 players. Laurie, Tomlinson, Tholstrup, Chandler, Woey, and Kossie are out there. Rehabbers are out now. Marty, McAdam, Melky, Bowey, Sestan. As a guess for in and outs, I would say, out Laurie, Tomlinson, and W

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    DEMONLAND: Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months. How our team overcame a turbulent off season and a disappointing start to 2024 on a humid night in Sydney, turned our detractors into believers and then ended the year triumphant in the finals with our capta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 05

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 05 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 05

  • Casey Report      

    ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 14

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Match Preview      

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 09

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 04 vs Adelaide

    The boys analysed win number 2 from 2 in Adelaide against the Crows praising the games of Petracca and McVee, the bravery of May and the emergence of our young guns ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 09

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Training  

    Monday, 1st April 2024

    Our man on the spot Bendigo Demon traveled to Adelaide for our back to back games in the City of Churches and brings you his observations from the Demon's training session at Hisense Stadium ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 01

  • Training  

    Monday, 25th March 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Demon Dynasty & Kev Martin were trackside at Gosch's Paddock today to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | March 25

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 07

       vs   

    Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Daniel Turner Hip Available
    Shane McAdam Hamstring 2-3 Weeks
    Marty Hore Thumb 2-3 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 4 Weeks
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 5-6 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 10-12 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Christian Petracca 55
    2 Max Gawn 49
    3 Steven May 34
    4 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    5 Jack Viney 24
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Judd McVee 15
    9 Christian Salem 12
    10 Blake Howes 11

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...