• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 24 vs Sydney

Demonland

Looks like it’s going to be a pretty full house - mostly for buddy’s farewell lap of honour but also possibly the last game in town this season.  I’ve got my (interstate) members ticket after a bit of confusion with how to get it - the team on Dee’s membership line were great, the website not so!  

Papley’s playing, McCartin is in, the Amarty Party is back on, clamp on Gulden and watch out for Campbell’s left foot!  Reckon May to their McDonald, Thommo to Amarty, Bowie on Papley, and watch out for the two kick down the guts end to end ground…. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I hadn't realised this (although I recognise it could change if the Bulldogs replace GWS). And given the most recent premiership from all these teams was in 2012 there will be very few players, other than most of ours, with premiership experience playing this September.   

There's only been 3 flags this decade so far so hardly a big call. 2020, 2021 and last year. Bulldogs was obviously last decade, 2016 and they should beat the Cats and make it. Interestingly Sydney have made 4 GF's in the last 10-11yrs. Certainly anyones flag.

Edited by SFebes

19 minutes ago, SFebes said:

There's only been 3 flags this decade so far so hardly a big call. 2020, 2021 and last year. Bulldogs was obviously last decade, 2016 and they should beat the Cats and make it. Interestingly Sydney have made 4 GF's in the last 10-11yrs. Certainly anyones flag.

Ok let me rephrase that.

Of the top 8 sides (assuming Dogs miss out), the most recent flags are:

2021 Melbourne

2012 Sydney

2010 Pies

2004 Port

2003 Lions

1995 Carlton

1966 Saints

GSW - LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

Is the DA trolling Demonland, and every team in the comp, and going to run with a huge banner that reads…

’Loading.’

This could be on the banner (with the grand final banner having the bar complety full and instead of loading - loaded):

image.png.3b95935d1280835e2fd97df3337ae5f4.png

Edited by binman
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

It was a joke, the use of the word smell I thought might give that away…

Obviously not.

Soz. It’s sometimes hard to adjust to DL having been with the DA… especially happens on Fridays, Thursday night being banner making where there’s nothing but high spirits and positivity. Delusional? Maybe. Happy? F yeah!

• Like 1

Just now, Jaded No More said:

Ok let me rephrase that.

Of the top 8 sides (assuming Dogs miss out), the most recent flags are:

2021 Melbourne

2012 Sydney

2010 Pies

2004 Port

2003 Lions

1995 Carlton

1966 Saints

GSW - LOL

Yes I know all that Jaded.

The fact of the matter is, it means bugger all, just like when we won in 21' which we hadn't done since 64'

Champion Data, banners (joking), betting odds, media hype all mean diddly squat. It all comes down to form and injuries mostly.

FWIW, I think it will be a Melbourne v Brisbane GF - even though, heaven forbid I don't think we are humming along as well as some think, yet. This match will be a good test.

I do hope TMAC gives us a solid few weeks and takes the pressure off JVR. However, I'm not expecting miracles from TMAC or Fritsch and they'll be rusty as you'd think.

Anyway, I'm off overseas for a week so I'll miss this game. Go Dee's.

22 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Not convinced finals or September experience counts for much at all tbh. We had basically none heading into 2021 and swept all aside with relative ease. 

I think 2019 finals experience was invaluable to our 2021 finals run.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Yes I know all that Jaded.

The fact of the matter is, it means bugger all, just like when we won in 21' which we hadn't done since 64'

It could mean nothing, but it could also mean that we have far more finals experience than any other team in it, which can only help

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Not convinced finals or September experience counts for much at all tbh. We had basically none heading into 2021 and swept all aside with relative ease. 

None?

Are you serious?

70% of the premiership team played in front of consecutive sold out finals at the g and in a losing preliminary (at optus oval, where they won the prelim and flag in 2021) in 2018.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, binman said:

None?

Are you serious?

70% of the premiership team played in front of consecutive sold out finals at the g and in a losing preliminary (at optus oval, where they won the prelim and flag in 2021) in 2018.

Yeah I think it counts for something. Sometimes gets talked up a bit much (see our win over Geelong 2018) but you'd rather have it than not.

Eyes will be on Carlton, can their momentum carry them through the finals culture shock?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fr_ap said:

You kidding me? Even I felt the finals experience from 2018 and I was sitting on my couch half drunk. 

Finals experience is enormous.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, binman said:

None?

Are you serious?

Absolutely agree Binman.

Those 2018 mcg finals were the only time the G or anywhere has had consecutive  90,000 crowds. 

Incalculable experience on many levels for the 2021GF imo.

Edited by Demon17
Spelling
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

What kind of "sore".?????

Bruising or cork or ......?

May looked like he was a bit ginger after taking a mark with 6.40 on the clock in the last quarter and then went off to the bench.  I think he is ok but is clearly battling late in the year.

2 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

May looked like he was a bit ginger after taking a mark with 6.40 on the clock in the last quarter and then went off to the bench.  I think he is ok but is clearly battling late in the year.

You've ruined my day sort of but I'm a big fan of Turner so you may be onto something.

I like Turner and know nothing of him. What’s to like? For those in the know, what are his best attributes?

FWIW, May has looked proppy on and off throughout the last 4 months… good to have a week without collisions for him.

Edited by Engorged Onion

3 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

I like Turner and know nothing of him. What’s to like? For those in the know, what are his best attributes?

FWIW, May has looked proppy on and off throughout the last 4 months… good to have a week without collisions for him.

Good interceptor, tidy disposal and reads the play well. More of a lever type than a gorilla minder. Definitely suits a 3rd tall roll if Lever can do a bit more 1-1 defending. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

That’s what the Club wants to convey, too.

Besides warning the other clubs to “BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID” (prefaced by “THE DEMONS ARE COMING”) on the banner, our theme this year centres around one word which I’m not allowed to share but which will be revealed after this weekend when our finals campaign begins. This word denotes having complete control over others and is disconcerting, or even menacing, for the other seven sides. 

My money is on DEMONISATION

• Haha 1