GAMEDAY: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Demonland

25 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Is that because he said it once and you heard it once @WalkingCivilWar?

Sheeet QD, I’m confused as it is. Running on Red Bulls and coffee and nothing else coz GameDay. I’m  even more easily confused than usual. 

I don’t but the Sydney win is now tainted because of what Geelong did. Swans were effectively at full strength that night coming of two good wins all be it against lower placed sides. This weeks games have reminded us again of what can happen when you don’t turn up with the Hawks nearly upsetting the Crows. In rd 3 the Suns defeated the Cats.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Demon_spurs said:

Where did you get this information. I can see nothing on the PTV site

METRO TRAINS DISRUPTIONS

Buses replace trains on sections of the Hurstbridge, Belgrave, Lilydale and Glen Waverley lines at various times on Monday April 24.

• Passengers should allow extra time when travelling to and from the MCG.
  • Please be aware after the game there may be increased congestion and delays getting onto the platforms at Richmond and Jolimont stations.
  • Passengers are advised to return to where they got off the bus prior.

[Go to this ptv link to understand your travel.]
For further information and to plan your journey at ptv.vic.gov.au.

From the MCG gane day 

https://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2023/april/afl-round-6---melbourne-v-richmond-april-24-2023

The Glen Waverley line disruption from the PTV site

https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/disruptions/disruptions-information/article/glen-waverley-line-buses-replacing-trains-from-8-15pm-to-last-service-each-night-from-monday-24-april-to-wednesday-26-april-2023

Edited by kev martin
  • Angry 1

The dropping of TMac confirmed the win tonight for me, what worked in 2021 won’t be enough this year. We’re still the most talented team overall in the competition, our best lineup is a work in progress.

Dees by 12+ goals.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 1

I'm assuming with a 9 day break fatigue won't be an issue.

If we bring our elite pressure from minute one, which I am very confident we will, we will steam roll them.

They can move petty forward because without lynch they have a very weak forward line. And can't do what the bomber's did and worry us with talls.

Riewodlt might kick a couple of goals, but he's adding little otherwise in terms of impact.

And much the same could be said about dusty. 

Max and brodie will monster Ryan. 

And their midfield is levels below ours.

Their utilities are ok, but missing targets. 

They look much better down back.

Bring the pressure, win contested ball, force and score from turnovers and win time in forward half.  And take our chances.

If that all happens, we win by 6 goals plus.

If we don't bring the pressure, and they do, we lose.

Dees by 54 points.

Edited by binman
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

This seems like a longer than normal day thread.

There's excitement in the air. Maybe most are fired up about going tonight. It certainly makes Monday more interesting. 

But I think there is a quiet confidence and despite last week's embarrassing loss, a sense that we will win.

Will Kozzie turn it on under the big lights?

Will Tmac prove many wrong?

Will Lever marshall his troops in defence and fix the backline?

Will Jvr kick a bag?

Will Mr whippy return?

All these burning issues will soon be answered.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

To the trespasser who is between Richmond & Flinders st stn move now. You are holding up the trains. We want to get to the G.

Unbelievable, people will Demonland anywhere these days.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, old55 said:

No doubt we were unoperationalised detrimentally defensively 😉

Strangely, that's exactly how I would have elucidated it.🙌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

I hope our losses are due to being a home ground (MCG fortress) team now (struggling as away team), and we get the best out of our players on the MCG. Would love us to unbeatable on the hallowed turf. That will set us up for a great finals series, so long as as we make them and get the home ground matches. 

Spot on.

I'd rather be dominant at the MCG and lose a few interstate games rather than be dominant interstate and be patchy at the home of football, as per 2022.

On the matter of the crowd tonight, there are some level 2 seats available in the AFL members which is unheard for marquee games. So maybe the crowd won't be as high as everyone was hoping.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Hence why she thanked Mr Jaded. He has no real name. His whole identity is tied up in mine 😂

As long as you've provided matching ankle bracelets Jaded (red & blue)

Bring the hot stuff right from the get-go. I'd rather bring it early and have a 2nd quarter dip than turn up lifeless like last week. 

Our back 6 needs to be in sync as Jack can always get off the chain. Win contested footy the way we know how and move it quickly in transition. 

No need to go fancy, pick the best option first time and it's a beautiful night for some skills so let's kick some goals. 

Will be great to have #11 back so protect him and watch out for any funny business.

Do all these things and we should get the W.

• Like 2

Tonight looking for ....

> Switched on from get go

> Hard over the pill

> Clarry's early form given illness...hopefully not partially cooked.

> Forwards to separate and create space for others

> Some contested marks inside 50 (one of the lowest ranked here till now) 

> A few contesteds around the ground (as above... no doubt due to Max's absence but he cant do it all)

> Maysie to get back to 21/22 form

> Injury free games from Big M and Rick

> Chandler & Kozzie to step things up defensively, coming inside with the last kick and at the sticks with Spargo out

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Tonight looking for ....

> Switched on from get go

> Hard over the pill

> Clarry's early form given illness...hopefully not partially cooked.

> Forwards to separate and create space for others

> Some contested marks inside 50 (one of the lowest ranked here till now) 

> A few contesteds around the ground (as above... no doubt due to Max's absence but he cant do it all)

> Maysie to get back to 21/22 form

> Injury free games from Big M and Rick

> Chandler & Kozzie to step things up defensively, coming inside with the last kick and at the sticks with Spargo out

Let's hope the warm weather helps Clarry to overcome any illness symptoms 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Also guys my husband is coming tonight for the first time this season.

I happened to be sitting behind @Jaded No More and hubby the last time he attended a Melbourne game.

At one point, I heard him tell her that he thought she had drawn her eyebrows on too high.

She looked surprised.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Demonstone said:

I happened to be sitting behind @Jaded No More and hubby the last time he attended a Melbourne game.

At one point, I heard him tell her that he thought she had drawn her eyebrows on too high.

She looked surprised.

Your mission tonight DS (should you wish to accept it) is to tell WCW the same!!

• Haha 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 20

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

VOTES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jake Lever, Jack Viney & Clayton Oliver make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 39

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demons were blown out of the water in the first quarter and clawed their way back into the contest but it was a case of too little too late as they lost another close one to Carlton losing by 1 point at the MCG.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 486

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again headlining another blockbuster at the MCG to kick off the round of footy. The Dees take on the Blues and have the opportunity to win their third game on the trot to solidify a spot in the Top 4 in addition to handing the Blues their third consecutive defeat to bundle them out of the Top 8.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 959

MELBOURNE BUSINESS by The Oracle

In days of old, this week’s Thursday night AFL match up between the Demons and the Blues would be framed on the basis of the need to redress the fact that Carlton “stole” last year’s semi final away from Melbourne and with it, their hopes for the premiership.  A hot gospelling coach might point out to his charges that they were the better team on the night in all facets and that poor kicking for goal and a couple of lapses at the death cost them what was rightfully theirs. Moreover, now was

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 10

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 10 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 10

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 18

• Match Preview      

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a danger game awaits ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 16

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The boys dissected the agonisingly disappointing 1 point loss to Carlton lamenting giving the Blues a 6 goal head start and praising Trac for almost single handedly snatching victory from the jaws of defeat ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 13

• Casey Report      

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 12

• Match Report      

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 10

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demons were blown out of the water in the first quarter and clawed their way back into the contest but it was a case of too little too late as they lost another close one to Carlton losing by 1 point at the MCG ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jake Lever, Jack Viney & Clayton Oliver make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again headlining another blockbuster at the MCG to kick off the round of footy. The Dees take on the Blues and have the opportunity to win their third game on the trot to solidify a spot in the Top 4 in addition to handing the Blues their third consecutive defeat to bundle them out of the Top 8 ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Player Interview  

PODCAST: Kade Chandler Interview

I interview Kade Chandler about his road from being overlooked in the draft to his rookie listing to his apprenticeship as a sub to VFL premiership player to his breakout 2023 season to mainstay in the Forward line and much more ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 01

• Training  

Monday, 29th April 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin was on hand at Gosch's Paddock for Monday's training session and made the following observations ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 29

• Next Match 

Round 10

vs   

Sunday 19th May 2024
    @ 06:20pm (OS)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics