Trade Rumours 2023

Nascent

10 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Does anyone have an update on list spots?

By my calcs so far it is probable that:

Out - D Smith, M Hibberd, B Grundy, J Jordon, L Dunstan & J Harmes

In - S McAdam, T Fullarton

Leaves 4 spots with the potential to upgrade Daniel Turner from the rookie list?

Harmes is still a 50/50 to stay/go

Ben Brown - can’t see him playing next year unless he gets elephant painkilling injections each quarter

Edited by spirit of norm smith
P
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Does anyone have an update on list spots?

By my calcs so far it is probable that:

Out - D Smith, M Hibberd, B Grundy, J Jordon, L Dunstan & J Harmes

In - S McAdam, T Fullarton

Leaves 4 spots with the potential to upgrade Daniel Turner from the rookie list?

@Lucifers Hero has a pinned contract thread on one of the boards that has a good summary.

I believe D Turner has a contract that gaurentees promotion to the senior list for next season. The other question mark is if Melksham stays on the senior list or moved to the Rookie list. Either way he can be placed on the inactive list and free up another list spot I believe.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

Trades dont start until Monday so that could be why

Free agency movements started today though. There is a link to a trade hub on one of the blogs that shows the player movement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Sydney starting to smell like Geelong.

How on earth have they got the money to pay all these guys? 

Lots of bottom of the harbour schemes  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think we really need to work on retiring BBB, unless his knee is magically healed and Tom Mac who at best will be at Casey all year, in a real sour end to his AFL career.

It would be more respectful to retire them gracefully and go out as senior players with an agreement on contract payout.

• Like 2
  • Clap 4

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Think we really need to work on retiring BBB, unless his knee is magically healed and Tom Mac who at best will be at Casey all year, in a real sour end to his AFL career.

It would be more respectful to retire them gracefully and go out as senior players with an agreement on contract payout.

Would this give us any cap relief? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Yep been saying this for a whiles.

Tommy can at least get on a park...just a bit slower these days. If he's happy to mentor some kids...great...as he does understand footy quite well.

Benny Benny Benny...  lets get ya fixed up and into the coaching path as i hear thats an interest...  when you're shot...you're shot...look after yaself 😉

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Would this give us any cap relief? 

If you paid them out 50% of their contracts as an example it would probably be a $.5m saving or $500k.

Imo it is more about 2 extra list spots.

We will hopefully have some good picks  and would want to use them. Melk will probably go on Rookie list or inactive long term injury list too.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Tell your mate to tell her cousin that Adelaide sucks 😂

Adel is great.  Her brother is in this year's draft so maybe we shoukd draft him

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

If you paid them out 50% of their contracts as an example it would probably be a $.5m saving or $500k.

Imo it is more about 2 extra list spots.

We will hopefully have some good picks  and would want to use them. Melk will probably go on Rookie list or inactive long term injury list too.

I think we will have enough list spots. And why would TMac or Brown not want the $500k?

• Like 1

Darcy Wilson is a chance to go in our range.

Our girls are in yr 12 with him

Son of a gun footballer and mum was champion netballer

Good skills and cross country runner.

Endurance ++ could be used in the high half forward role?

Mid sized midfielder from memory

Any intel Dazzle?

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

I think we will have enough list spots. And why would TMac or Brown not want the $500k?

Well there are many reasons why players retire with time left on their contracts.

They may be happy to receive some money and walk away.

They may be happy to end their careers as senior players not has beens. Pride.

They may be in pain with injury.

They may be frustrated at not being able to perform at their best.

They may wish to earn extra money in a lesser competition, with less commitment required.

They may wish to transition to coaching.

They may have business reasons or family reasons.

Etc.

I don't think we will have enough list spots unless one or both retire.

We have Fullarton, McAdam and K. Brown coming, Turner being uplifted, plus our draft picks, surely at least 3 and any other player we trade for.

I think we definitely need more list spots.

PS: BBB, Tom Mac, Schache, Verall and Jefferson makes for a very crowded  Casey forward line, with maybe Fullarton and Faris-White as well.. 

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 3

👏👏👏Clayton Oliver will be staying🏆

✈️ James Jordon joining Swans, Dees get end of 2nd round (circa pick 39) as compo. Good luck JJ 😘🏆

👍🏻Tom Fullarton requested trade to Dees. Ruck/fwd backup

✈️ James Harmes likely to be traded (we will always love you Harmesy 😘 🏆

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Well there are many reasons why players retire with time left on their contracts.

They may be happy to receive some money and walk away.

They may be happy to end their careers as senior players not has beens. Pride.

They may be in pain with injury.

They may be frustrated at not being able to perform at their best.

They may wish to earn extra money in a lesser competition, with less commitment required.

They may wish to transition to coaching.

They may have business reasons or family reasons.

Etc.

I don't think we will have enough list spots unless one or both retire.

We have Fullarton, McAdam and K. Brown coming, Turner being uplifted, plus our draft picks, surely at least 3 and any other player we trade for.

I think we definitely need more list spots.

The real benefit of them retiring would be any cap relief.

I believe the number of players expected to be drafted this year is only around 50-55 and I thought there was some flexibility in the number of players on the Senior List or Rookie List.

We can push our picks into 2024 or consolidate them to go up the draft board with the Suns or Dogs.

Kynan Brown may be one of our draftees or rookies if good enough.

Harmes could leave.

I expect that Melksham will go to the Rookie List.

• Like 1