• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2023 Injury List

Demonland

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

I disagree Beeb, I think every game is a learning event. 

We observer's from the outside are not privy to internal machinations. Players are asked to perform roles that do not allow them to do the things that we think spectacular, but they are doing the team thing. I think Rivers, Brayshaw and Langdon can do other roles and surprise us with their capabilities. Joel Smith could even surprise.

I look for a silver lining, dee-luded  maybe, but I want another flag and this could help. (That's what I'm telling myself)

A very good point. One of the things lost since pre-season is how the club have been planning for this season. As a result of the post-season review last year each player has been prepped to play an additional or secondary role this season in the event of an injury or form loss. I remember Richardson detailing this in a communication or briefing. I will be interested to see the club contingency plan for Oliver's role

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Of course we can win without him. But to say that he isn’t an enormous loss is frankly admitting that you don’t watch Melbourne play. 
If tomorrow was the grand final and Oliver was out, would you feel confident of winning? 

A BIG FAT NO!

• Like 1

I think Oliver out is dreadful. We will have to put Brayshaw in the middle where he has in the past played some really good footy and also Rivers. Keep Pickett in the forward line. The only possible benefit we may see is a turn down of the silly centre bounce handballs which see the opposition usually get the clearance. Oliver often turns it over with handballs at centre clearances.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Fritta also had a scan today according to reporters at the Grundy interview. Perhaps just ongoing management/assessment as we know he's been carrying something for the entire season. Was on light duties at training which is probably the norm for him at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, layzie said:

There's every chance the absence of Oliver could make us more unpredictable through the middle and gives us some good results with a different mix that there isn't much film on. Obviously these things are usually short term sugar hits but if it's only a few games we need to do this for that it may work out well for us.

I agree with this. Our midfield is clearly elite but we have been inexplicably losing clearances. Clarry is a massive out (if out) every day of the week, and he'll be missed. But we are not, and cannot be, one player. We have depth and can move pieces around. This circumstance could breed opportunity and jolt us into doing something different/unpredictable. Could be some things we learn to help us evolve this year. And we need to evolve to keep up with other contenders. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Dangerfield also missed 6 games last year and yet they only lost 4 games for the year.

It can still go the opposite way.

I still think we can beat Freo and Carlton. Collingwood are just a different beast unfortunately. If we can go into the bye over the next 3 weeks without Oliver at 2-1 then I'll happily take that.

Agree with this, especially given our recent record against them, but not gonna lie, if we can't beat Freo in Melbourne, I'll be pretty bummed with that given it's at home. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

Agree with this, especially given our recent record against them, but not gonna lie, if we can't beat Freo in Melbourne, I'll be pretty bummed with that given it's at home. 

It won't be easy with Oliver out and our ramshackle forward line. Hopefully our smalls dominate.

This seasons giving me the s4its at times.

About now is one of them.😄

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Dangerfield also missed 6 games last year and yet they only lost 4 games for the year.

It can still go the opposite way.

I still think we can beat Freo and Carlton. Collingwood are just a different beast unfortunately. If we can go into the bye over the next 3 weeks without Oliver at 2-1 then I'll happily take that.

All those losses happened in the first 9 rounds, when they were 5 and 4. So they lost all their games without him. But then won 13 in a row, with a soft home-slanted draw (especially for a preliminary finalist) in the second half of the season.

Edited by A F
  • Like 7

I find it astounding that he would be doing any running at all at this stage if it was even a minor strain which is a regulation 2/3 weeks!

As Dr Hackenbusch explains "It still could be cramp, and if so any musculature out of alignment would show up as damage".signed

Dr Hackenbusch 

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

I was walking down Punt Road at night recently and tripped on a scooter that was lying on the footpath. (It was dark.)  The upshot was that I 'did' my hammy in that episode .... It took me 3 weeks to fully recover. So Clarry should aspire to that timeframe for full recovery. Perhaps the Club would be interested in this information?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

I was walking down Punt Road at night recently and tripped on a scooter that was lying on the footpath. (It was dark.)  The upshot was that I 'did' my hammy in that episode .... It took me 3 weeks to fully recover. So Clarry should aspire to that timeframe for full recovery. Perhaps the Club would be interested in this information?

Okay but did you train on the Monday after the incident?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

So is the Sam Edmund tweet confirmation that no one actually knows what is wrong with Oliver because we're going on nothing other that tweets from journalists?

The club won't have released anything to the journos who are speculating there's damage to the hammy. We wait with baited breath for something official from the club

Edited by RedFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

So is the Sam Edmund tweet confirmation that no one actually knows what is wrong with Oliver because we're going on nothing other that tweets from journalists?

This.

Just throwing darts like Johnny Ralph blindfolded !

• Haha 1