Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs Sydney

Demonland

Typical Melbourne performance.

Will always be Flaky pretenders  Until they can prove otherwise.

Not this year I’m afraid .

Im hoping we don’t make it now so as not to be embarrassed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I’m getting drunk tonight. 

It probably isn’t the answer to the problem but for now it’s part of the solution. 
Cheers

The consumer spending percentages are down on all items except alcohol - that's way up. Melbourne supporters responsible for one industry's good fortune.?

• Like 1

After the match Goodwin was staring at a sheet of paper.

Makes me wonder what would be so important to be printed out and stared at post game that he can’t read off his laptop...he does use a laptop right?

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Pissweak performance. 

Oscar McDonald is by far the worst footballer ever to grace the red and blue. Its a comedy that we've gifted this potato to 80 games. Pack your games son, that's the last we'll see of you.

Jack Viney - Can't stand him and never been a fan. Is nothing but an idiotic selfish footballer. Nearly knocked out Trent Rivers because he he wanted the the ball himself when Rivers was about to gather the ball. Not only that, he is a disruption to our midfield set up. I would be happy to trade for a 2nd rounder.  Not a leader's [censored] and its laughable that he's our VC. Give it to Steven May and trade out this muppet.

Simon Goodwin - insipid coaching performance. I pumped him up on the back of thinking we'd easily beat Sydney and Freo. I got sucked in easily once again.

This is worse then the Port loss.

Those two, for me, are the standouts in what was wrong with us tonight.  Nathan Jones a very close third.

Why they persist with Oscar is a mystery to me.  Plays the odd half decent game, but gets beaten too easily and panics with ball in hand.  Tomlinson was ten times better when he got shifted down there.  

And yeah, Viney.  I dunno mate.  I defend him, but gee, he really made it hard for others out there tonight.  You can see his desire and his mentality - it's in the right spot, but he has a real blind spot when it comes to how it can affect others and their game.  He knocks players off the ball, tries to do too much etc.  We needed some calm heads out there and he just doesn't have that aspect to his game as a leader.

I want to mention Jones here too - at 33 he should be setting the right example for the younger players.  Instead, he is trying to pull off lazy kicks that get turned over too often.  It's not good enough.

• Like 4

The only positive if we've improved our trade with Hawthorns second pick aha.

Jokes aside, such a disheartening evening for the club. Far too frequent "no shows".

I don't want to pile on players, but some of the changes left me gobsmacked. 

Some of the players who can't get into this team (Hunt/Baker/Bedford etc) must be wondering what more they have to do.

Edited by roy11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Viney going for the ball blindly is both admirable and our biggest downfall in the midfield. He’s a selfish footballer. He works super hard but sometimes it’s detrimental to our efforts because he’s always getting in the way of others. 

100% agree with this. If more of our players had his determination and competitive nature it would be great, but that can only get you so far and at times disrupts us like you say Jaded. Its a great word. 

6 minutes ago, RedButMostlyBlue said:

It's true.

It's like a car crash, and Goody is the guy who drives by realllllyyyy slow. Stunned face and all.

But to be fair, the players need to stand up as well, and they just seem content to watch it all happening, like they're in the couch with us.

There doesn't seem to be any leadership during these moments either.

Of course a lot of the blame goes on the players. 
But The Head Coach is responsible for preparing the team. 
And they were not prepared at the first bounce at all. 

Too many Goalless Quarters under Goodwin, there is no reaction. 

It will keep happening 

• Like 3

Worst performance of the year but horribly predictable.  

@binman please no more Oscar excuse posts.  It has been evident his abilities are not sufficient at AFL level.

17 minutes ago, PJ_12345 said:

I've had it with Oscar McDonald's pathetic performances. Surely there is someone else on our list who will put in more effort and intent. Cant believe Goodwin thought it was a good idea to put him forward for part of today.

Omac missses a mark or tackle

*trudge trudge trudge*

Omac gently extends arm to opposition

*trudge trudge trudge*

Opposition either:
A) fumbles the ball

*Omac runs over it and falls over*

B) passes it to a team mate nearby

*Omac initiates turning circle of a truck, misses the player and slowly jogs it out over the boundary*

*feigns exhausted face, head down, trudge trudge trudge*

Me on couch with head in hands: "ffs
Oscar..."

I've been saying it since day dot and it's remarkable how many defend him. 

AVB, Smith, Jones, OMC Goodwin, Wagner Fritch sayonara  to you all. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PJ_12345 said:

I've had it with Oscar McDonald's pathetic performances. Surely there is someone else on our list who will put in more effort and intent. Cant believe Goodwin thought it was a good idea to put him forward for part of today.

Omac missses a mark or tackle

*trudge trudge trudge*

Omac gently extends arm to opposition

*trudge trudge trudge*

Opposition either:
A) fumbles the ball

*Omac runs over it and falls over*

B) passes it to a team mate nearby

*Omac initiates turning circle of a truck, misses the player and slowly jogs it out over the boundary*

*feigns exhausted face, head down, trudge trudge trudge*

Me on couch with head in hands: "ffs
Oscar..."

Watched Oscar a number of times up close at Casey

He wasn’t even up to standard at that level

But often was named among the best

It amazes me why he has been given so much support 

Seems a nice guy 

Gooo and play Golf

Edited by Old Bear
Spelling
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Omac seemed poor tonight; not to make excuses, but what are peoples' thoughts on the effect the inclusion of Smith might have had on his role and the synergy of our defence?

May and Smith attempted to cover for OMac right up until the Useless One was moved out of the backline to the forward line. Smith had a few yards left but May, poor fellow, was almost exhausted by his two opponents and his role as fullback and this occurred in the first half. It affected the rest of his game as it has done so many times in  the past with Jetta and Hibberd attempting to cover for OMac. OMac's inclusion in the side has always led to two other Demon players playing against two opponents, full time. Otherwise, the backline leaks goals. This is what Lever was referring to in the radio interview last week without mentioning names. Why? Because Lever had to provide some cover for OMac as well play his own man/game as the Third Tall, not the Third Backup for OMac's inability. Some windsurfers on DL continue to defy the laws of gravity but it is time overdue for them to acknowledge that the penny has well and truly dropped in terms of OMac's usefulness to the team. What has it been? Four or five years? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dl4e said:

I have been watching this krap for over 50 years. Sadly I am used to it.

That performance was as pathetic and gutless as you can get.

60 yrs for me think I’m nearly done

Till next game anyway

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

100% agree with this. If more of our players had his determination and competitive nature it would be great, but that can only get you so far and at times disrupts us like you say Jaded. Its a great word. 

Perfect example was Two hard attacks on the footy all to give away a free to start the second half. Goes for balls that are not his to go for. Interesting one time we roved to Gawn properly. Langdon on the wing at a ball up. Beautiful roving, just got caught.

• Like 1

What a dog's breakfast that was. 

We were all over the place and played with no structure, confidence or intelligence. Incredibly poor effort. I am sure that there will be the usual mutterings about taking 'learnings' from the game and the disappointment that we did not play our 'Brand' of footy but that is all just so much babble and BS. There needs to be clarity of thought and message from the coaching panel and there was no evidence of that at all this evening.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Viney going for the ball blindly is both admirable and our biggest downfall in the midfield. He’s a selfish footballer. He works super hard but sometimes it’s detrimental to our efforts because he’s always getting in the way of others. 

Him playing to this way has gotten us no where though Jaded. The best midfield mix I have seen was when he was injured in 2018 and we had Brayshaw, Oliver, Harmes as our starting mids and it was the best we've looked. He's selfish and overrated. 9 disposals last week and 12 this week. That's our vice captain right there.

• Like 2

Forget the official stats our midfield group would have gone at 20% effective disposals, we just have no one in our mids that can kick.  We fumble the ball and flick out 1m handballs.

You can smack our not quite right players but our top end mids lose the games for us.  Little pressure and just turn this footy over. 

• Like 1