C : FYFE, PETRACCA, MCCCLUGGAGE

HF: GREENE, HAWKINS, MARTIN

F: PAPLEY, KENNEDY, DIXON

FOLL: GAWN, NEALE, OLIVER

IC: NAITANUI, BOAK, WINES, VINEY

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Four Demons.....   maybe if we win finish higher up the ladder.  Close to the top 4.

May never gets mentioned in AA team discussions but he has to  be in contention surely.

Make that five Demons, not 4.

Werridee youre a classic.  Zero chance we get 5 All Australians.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Make that five Demons, not 4.

Werridee youre a classic.  Zero chance we get 5 All Australians.

I was being conservative

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7

i think i've watched at least parts of every game this year, some of them - a couple of ours, obviously - more than once in full!

41 players i'd have in the current squad:

adelaide crows: none (0)
brisbane lions: neale, andrews, mccluggage (3)
carlton: cripps, weitering (2)
filth: moore, grundy, crisp (3)
peptides: zerrett, saad (2) 
footscray: daniel, bontempelli, macrae (3)
fremantle: ryan, fyfe (2)
geelong: hawkins, stewart, dangerfield, blicavs (4)
gc17: collins, greenwood (1)
gw$: whitfield, haynes, kelly (3)
hawthorn: sicily (1)
melbourne: petracca, gawn, oliver (3)
north melbourne: goldstein (1)
port adelaide: boak, dixon, jonas (3)
richmond: martin, vlastuin, grimes (3)
st. kilda: steele, butler, sinclair (3)
sydney swans: papley, lloyd (2)
meth coke: naitanui, kennedy, yeo (3)

why 41 i hear you ask? cos of sicily

Edited by whatwhatsaywhat
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i think i've watched at least parts of every game this year, some of them - a couple of ours, obviously - more than once in full!

melbourne: petracca, gawn, oliver (2)

Am I missing something or have you got the numbers wrong for your Melbourne assessment?

• Like 1

My guess is the team right now would be 

Sam Collins   Harris Andrews   Nick haynes 

Sam Docherty   Darcy Moore   Adam Saad 

Mitch Duncan   Travis Boak   Jackson McRae 

Dan Butler   Josh Kennedy  Tom Papley 

Charlie Dixon   Tom Hawkins   Charlie Cameron 

Todd Goldstein    Lachie Neale   Christian Petracca 

Jack Steele, Patrick Cripps, Dustin Martin, Nic Nat  

i really don't rate Goldstein. And also, it's incredibly media driven the hype around him. If anyone actually tracked him, he's been very down on form 5 of the last 6 weeks where it looked like Daw had won starting ruck off him. 

Also, a hell no to Cripps. One of the most overhyped players because he is the prototype 195 midfielder but he was had a down season and gone missing in games for hours at as time.  

Swap him with Menegola. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

My guess is the team right now would be 

Sam Collins   Harris Andrews   Nick haynes 

Sam Docherty   Darcy Moore   Adam Saad 

Mitch Duncan   Travis Boak   Jackson McRae 

Dan Butler   Josh Kennedy  Tom Papley 

Charlie Dixon   Tom Hawkins   Charlie Cameron 

Todd Goldstein    Lachie Neale   Christian Petracca 

Jack Steele, Patrick Cripps, Dustin Martin, Nic Nat  

Yes Cripps has not been great. Media hype. Oliver beat him and yet because Cripps kicked a goal late in the game, they thought he played well. 
Oliver is the equal or better than Boak, Cripps, Steele, etc. 

It depends on where we finish. Finish in the top 5-6 and we’d get Trac,Oliver and Gawn in.  

Petracca our only lock.

Gawn has bee great, but missing games through injury may harm his cause. There have been other good ruckman this year too, moreso than previous years. Goldstein, Naitanui, Grundy could all stake claims if Gawn misses more matches.

Oliver is building and will make the team if he continues his great form of the past month. A few average games where he got negative media attention will harm his cause.

May has been good and could make the squad but not team.

Other good players for us this season are Viney, Langdon and Weideman. None of them good enough to make the cut though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

B: STEWART, MAY, ANDREWS

HB: MCRAE, MOORE, GUTHRIE

C : FYFE, PETRACCA, MCCCLUGGAGE

HF: GREENE, HAWKINS, MARTIN

F: PAPLEY, KENNEDY, DIXON

FOLL: GAWN, NEALE, OLIVER

IC: NAITANUI, BOAK, WINES, VINEY

May Petracca  Gawn  Oliver  Viney .  GREAT !    

We must be on top of the Ladder .....You missed Brayshaw and Langdon.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Petracca our only lock.

Gawn has bee great, but missing games through injury may harm his cause. There have been other good ruckman this year too, moreso than previous years. Goldstein, Naitanui, Grundy could all stake claims if Gawn misses more matches.

Oliver is building and will make the team if he continues his great form of the past month. A few average games where he got negative media attention will harm his cause.

May has been good and could make the squad but not team.

Other good players for us this season are Viney, Langdon and Weideman. None of them good enough to make the cut though.

Grundy has been average this year.  Currently rated the 9th best ruck in the league.  Nic Nat and Gawn (presuming he returns this week) would be the two front runners.  Keen to see how Naitanui goes away from Perth. Goldstein has had a reasonable year and Witts from GC as well.  The two pronged St Kilda ruck team has been excellent as well.

12 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

melbourne: petracca, gawn, oliver (3)

sinclair at st kilda? the bloke struggles to make their squad... Also yeo won't make it. Jarrad Lyons, Taylor Adams, Cam Guthrie, Zac merret and Zak Jones are a good chance

Unless he falls away dramatically, Trac is a lock

Oliver is on the edge. If he comes home with a wet sail he’s a chance but the general consensus seems to be that he’s only come good the last few weeks, which isn’t actually true. Hopefully his end to the year becomes too good to ignore.

Pretty much only Melbourne supporters fully appreciate the season that May has had. Some of his best games have been in losses so have garnered less attention. Will be lucky to make the squad but he’d be worthy if he did. Next to no chance he makes the final side. Haven’t heard his name mentioned anywhere.

Max has had a couple of average games and now missed a couple more which will cost him. He will make the squad but it’s looking likely they will go with NicNat and Goldstein. Grundy is no chance.

• Like 4

Agree with most of the above.

Trac is in.

Oliver not in yet, but if his current form continues, he is in.

Gawn in the squad, but unless they go a second ruck on the bench, I think he misses (at the moment). FWIW, I have Gawn ahead of Goldstein, he has dropped off pretty sharply imo.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm on my own here but I've never quite understood the intense debate that goes into the picking of a team that doesn't actually play against anyone. It's not like they're going to represent us in a World Cup. I'm not against bestowing accolades on the best players in our game but just think this concept is a bit daft. 

My roughie, Caleb Daniel from the Dogs. From the Dees, Trac a cert and Maxy on the bench.

14 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Maybe I'm on my own here but I've never quite understood the intense debate that goes into the picking of a team that doesn't actually play against anyone. It's not like they're going to represent us in a World Cup. I'm not against bestowing accolades on the best players in our game but just think this concept is a bit daft. 

I don't have too much to say about your post, but love your name and Avatar. Not too sure how many Demonlanders would understand, but to anyone with Scottish connections, Rab is an institution. Four knot-cornered handkerchief hat, string singlet, unintelligible English. Brilliant.