CHANGES: Rd 11 vs North Melbourne

WERRIDEE

IN: PREUSS, PICKETT

OUT: GAWN( MANAGED ), ANB ( SUSPENDED )

• Like 2

• Demonland changed the title to CHANGES: Rd 11 vs North Melbourne

Just now, Win4theAges said:

Gawn was well managed tonight i thought.

I have to agree with this post. I noticed in many of our earlier games, Gawn seemed to ruck 90% of the match. He seemed to spend more time off and down forward tonight. 

Another note I made during the match was he was not used at all really as the long kick out option from a behind. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Hell Bent said:

Out: ANB suspended, Bennell ineffective 

In: Pickett,  Hannan 

AVB if injured , bring in TMac 

T Mac? Get real. 

Shouldn't get a look in for a while with Weid and Jackson in good form. Would be madness to select him. 

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Gawn rested

O Mac in

Yuck

• Like 1

out: anb (suspended), avb (eye socket)
in: pickett, hannan

if lockhart is unfortunate enough for the graze of a punch, then jetta the obvious in...although wouldn't be surprised if they went for jordon

i know bennell didn't do much but he's just dangerous enough so if he pulls up okay then all things being equal i'd prefer him in the 22 to hunt or some such

B: Lockhart - May - Lever
HB: Salem - Tomlinson - Hibberd
C : Langdon - Petracca - Harmes
HF: Melksham - Jackson - Bennell
F: Fritsch - Weideman - Pickett
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/c: Jones - Brayshaw - Hannan - Sparrow

• Like 3

Hopefully Goody now realises that fresh legs will be required on a four-day break - the Cats and others certainly did and our effort against Port showed why only a couple of changes won't do.

As a result I have more changes than most of you and basically designed to provide run.

Out: ANB (susp), Sparrow, Bennell (rested), Jones (rested), Lockhart (rested) with tricky decisions on heaps of others.

In:  Pickett, Hunt, J.Smith, Rivers, Jetta

• Like 2

In: TMac, Rivers, Hannan Pickett

Out: Gawn (rested), ANB (suspended) AVB (injured) Lockhart 

Gawn is clearly not right and needs a rest In preparation for the really taxing games ahead. Play TMAC in the ruck which might actually run him into form which would be a huge boost if it comes off. Lockhart l don’t think is up to it, and l think Rivers is much more skilful than him, and quicker. Hannan for ANB makes sense.  I’d also play Jones in AVB role. 

We still have much more improvement to go but are building nicely but wouldn’t want to drop NM game, or Essendon for that matter.

Edited by Dees2014

46 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

T Mac? Get real. 

Shouldn't get a look in for a while with Weid and Jackson in good form. Would be madness to select him. 

Shouldn't get a look in again, at all.

16 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

out: anb (suspended), avb (eye socket)
in: pickett, hannan

if lockhart is unfortunate enough for the graze of a punch, then jetta the obvious in...although wouldn't be surprised if they went for jordon

Rivers for mine if that's the case, not Jordon, he's a midfielder. 

Goldstein then Grundy is a terrible duo to have for Max, there's not a good option to rest him for either game. I think if he's right to go we have to keep playing him and try to get the win against North.

I have my doubts over the following players:
ANB - suspended
Bennell, Jones - off the pace
Vanders - ?injury
Tomlinson at CHB

And that's before I get to Gus and Sparrow making us one mid too heavy, Harmes at half back, Melksham's efforts and so on.

I'd probably go
Out: ANB, Jones, Tomlinson
In: Pickett, Hannan, Oscar

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

Goldstein then Grundy is a terrible duo to have for Max, there's not a good option to rest him for either game. I think if he's right to go we have to keep playing him and try to get the win against North.

I have my doubts over the following players:
ANB - suspended
Bennell, Jones - off the pace
Vanders - ?injury
Tomlinson at CHB

And that's before I get to Gus and Sparrow making us one mid too heavy, Harmes at half back, Melksham's efforts and so on.

I'd probably go
Out: ANB, Jones, Tomlinson
In: Pickett, Hannan, Oscar

Reckon they'll experiment with Tomlinson at CHB for a while. They know what they're gonna get from Oscar. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, adonski said:

IN: Pickett, Rivers
OUT: ANB, Sparrow 

The club has already said they won't be resting players so I don't know why demonlanders put it in there.

Pickett is a must in for his pace.

If Gawn says he's right then he's right and as demonlanders have already mentioned we come up against 2 of the most dominant ruckman in the comp so he is probably needed.

ANB will be suspended.

Sparrow should stay in the side he has been quite good.

I don't know about Rivers we don't need another backman.

I'd like to see Jordon come in  and replace Jones his disposal is a liability. 

Jordon has a reputation of having good disposal.

So for me it's IN: Pickett, Jordon

OUT: ANB, Jones

B: LOCKHART, MAY, SALEM

HB: HARMES, LEVER, HIBBERD

C : LANGDON, PETRACCA, TOMLINSON

HF: PICKETT, JACKSON, BENNELL

F: MELKSHAM, WEIDEMAN, FRITSCH

FOLL: GAWN, OLIVER, VINEY

IC: BRAYSHAW, VANDENBERG, SPARROW, JORDON

If Vanders is out again then Jones stays in for his hardness.

4 minutes ago, adonski said:

Reckon they'll experiment with Tomlinson at CHB for a while. They know what they're gonna get from Oscar. 

Oscar is a spud. Persist with Tomlinson.

8 minutes ago, adonski said:

They should know what they'll get with Tomlinson back there as well. He's fractionally quicker and he's definitely fitter and more willing to get involved in attacking play.

But against absolutely no one in the Crows forward line he had 1 intercept possession so he didn't win the ball back and he did very little with the ball either. The reasons for moving him - to get more uncontested possessions and kicking from the backline didn't really pan out.

North will likely go in with 2 of Larkey, Walker and Daw. The kind of big aerial threats that Oscar usually does ok on and who will probably prove too big and too strong for Tomlinson.

• Like 1