Eddie’s jumper feud with Kochie just escalated

Eddie McMcGuire getting on his high horse again about Port Wearing their black and white 'prison bar's' jumper.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-port-adelaide-prison-bar-jumper-eddie-mcguire-vs-david-koch-threatens-legal-action/news-story/4ffdf921338d0f5e03bd1feeac2f6433

Whilst personally having some affection for the prison bars jumper since I played for a local side that wore it, I think basically anyone who isn't a Collingwood supporter should be getting in behind port and signing their petition below:

https://www.change.org/p/allow-port-adelaide-to-wear-its-traditional-prison-bar-guernsey-in-afl-showdowns

Would be great to get this petition up to a few hundred thousand or more.  Whilst Collingwood may be a big powerful club with lot's of members, there are more people that loath Collingwood than probably any other team and is should be quite possible to mass those numbers against them.  Personally, I see this as a bit of an oppertunity to take down one of the power clubs of the competition and show them they can't have it their way an bully the smaller teams around all the time.

Personally I have zero sympathy for Eddie and the pies on this jumper issue and hardly think it as if other precedents haven't been set in terms of softening the stance on jumper colours other teams that have reciently entered the comp.  When Freo first came in, they were forced to have a jumper with loads of green such that it didn't clash with other teams.  They have since been allowed to wear a jumper predominantly deep purple, nearly navey blue, with a white V that is a lot more similar to the mighty MFC's jumper.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The whole "Collingwood exceptionalism" attitude personified by Eddie McGuire is irritating. However, having read the article, if Port signed a contract which specifically limited the wearing to a single instance as Eddie claims, then I can understand why he is now upset. As much as I would actually like PA to be able to wear their prison bar outfit in Showdowns, I would rather the principles of an agreed contract be adhered to than let a petition persuade the AFL to break the agreement. That would be weak administration. (Of course, what's claimed in the article may not be true in which case my view of the outcome might be different). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

The whole "Collingwood exceptionalism" attitude personified by Eddie McGuire is irritating. However, having read the article, if Port signed a contract which specifically limited the wearing to a single instance as Eddie claims, then I can understand why he is now upset. As much as I would actually like PA to be able to wear their prison bar outfit in Showdowns, I would rather the principles of an agreed contract be adhered to than let a petition persuade the AFL to break the agreement. That would be weak administration. (Of course, what's claimed in the article may not be true in which case my view of the outcome might be different). 

well argued except that it is the AFL and anything that upsets Collingwood is welcomed by 90% of supporters ?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

, I would rather the principles of an agreed contract be adhered to than let a petition persuade the AFL to break the agreement. That would be weak administration.

Whether it was a legal contract or not, I think the AFL broke their contract with existing clubs when they let Freo change the principles that guide their jumper design which permitted their entry into the competition.  Other clubs like the MFC were forced to wear poxy white clash jumpers as a result, whilst Collingwood have never really had to do this.

The fact that Edddie has such a contract between Port and/or the AFL is yet another example of Collingwood and the power clubs getting favorable treatment.  Eddie can go shove his contact where the sun don't shine as far as I care.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Eddie McMcGuire getting on his high horse again about Port Wearing their black and white 'prison bar's' jumper.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-port-adelaide-prison-bar-jumper-eddie-mcguire-vs-david-koch-threatens-legal-action/news-story/4ffdf921338d0f5e03bd1feeac2f6433

Whilst personally having some affection for the prison bars jumper since I played for a local side that wore it, I think basically anyone who isn't a Collingwood supporter should be getting in behind port and signing their petition below:

https://www.change.org/p/allow-port-adelaide-to-wear-its-traditional-prison-bar-guernsey-in-afl-showdowns

Would be great to get this petition up to a few hundred thousand or more.  Whilst Collingwood may be a big powerful club with lot's of members, there are more people that loath Collingwood than probably any other team and is should be quite possible to mass those numbers against them.  Personally, I see this as a bit of an oppertunity to take down one of the power clubs of the competition and show them they can't have it their way an bully the smaller teams around all the time.

Personally I have zero sympathy for Eddie and the pies on this jumper issue and hardly think it as if other precedents haven't been set in terms of softening the stance on jumper colours other teams that have reciently entered the comp.  When Freo first came in, they were forced to have a jumper with loads of green such that it didn't clash with other teams.  They have since been allowed to wear a jumper predominantly deep purple, nearly navey blue, with a white V that is a lot more similar to the mighty MFC's jumper.

Lets give edie back his crimson smile.

Support Ports prison bars jumper.  >>>

https://www.change.org/p/allow-port-adelaide-to-wear-its-black-and-white-prison-bar-guernsey-in-afl-showdowns

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheKozzieExperience said:

I used to think Eddie was the most annoying bloke in footy until Koch came along.

They should settle it in the ring!

Could not agree more. 

These guys are just so tiresome. 

Driven by ego, self importance, commercial interest and what they see as their own personal brand. 

Both just full of themselves and their wonderful ideas. 

They are the type of guys that turn you off the sport. 

Arrogant, self serving and insincere to boot. 

I do feel very violent when I see, hear or read about them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, demonstone said:

The cynic in me thinks that all this noise that Eddie is making about Port Adelaide's jumper and the Sherrin footballs are convenient ways  to move the spotlight away from his own stinking club and the Heretier Lumumba issue.

HL issue won't worry one pies supporter. He will be forgotten shortly and the CFC will go matching on.

1 hour ago, demonstone said:

The cynic in me thinks that all this noise that Eddie is making about Port Adelaide's jumper and the Sherrin footballs are convenient ways  to move the spotlight away from his own stinking club and the Heretier Lumumba issue.

exactly

So Eddie says port signed a contract.  Honestly what choice did they have, if they wanted to enter the AFL there was no choice.    This is a fair and reasonable request, to wear it in showdowns.  Eddy himself said he’s never turned down a request for port to wear it in the past 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rossmillan said:

So Eddie says port signed a contract.  Honestly what choice did they have, if they wanted to enter the AFL there was no choice.    This is a fair and reasonable request, to wear it in showdowns.  Eddy himself said he’s never turned down a request for port to wear it in the past 

One might think eddie has tsaken a page out of the Catholic Persuasion principles,   Re mums and dads complaining about their childs abuse.  Sign here,  and here,  and accept the handout.

Or we might just excommunicate you.

• Like 1

When I grew up in the 80s watching the VFL, I couldn't tell  you who a single club president was.

They should be like children - not seen and not heard. Some would say they are like children.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

One might think eddie has tsaken a page out of the Catholic Persuasion principles,   Re mums and dads complaining about their childs abuse.  Sign here,  and here,  and accept the handout.

Or we might just excommunicate you.

Always remember to get a written apology.

17 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I thought the Prison Bars looked excellent last Saturday, as long as they stay in South Australia. 

The Showdowns should be on Free to Air every year as do the WA derbys

We miss out over here

Port should use that jumper at all home games,  as is they're traditions.

And another alternate jumper for away games.

When will the AFL cut the Pies bullying stand-over behaviours against It,  and other clubs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

When will the AFL cut the Pies bullying stand-over behaviours against It,  and other clubs.

Only when Teams like the MFC beat them with monotonous regularity

It is ALL about winning....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

When I grew up in the 80s watching the VFL, I couldn't tell  you who a single club president was.

They should be like children - not seen and not heard. Some would say they are like children.

Elliot? Bond at Richmond? McAlister (probably 90s)? but yeah point taken

• Like 1

Don't care what Port do generally, but if it annoys Eddie I'm in.

They should also bring in their real theme song (same tune as Sydney) instead of the rubbish modern tune.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

They should be able to wear the prison bars for all home games. Eddie is just a sook, they won't be calling themselves the Magpies - the contract they signed 25 years ago can be reviewed enough time has past now. You would think with Collingwood in the position they are now compared to the mid-90s they wouldn't be so insecure about this kind of stuff anymore

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, demonstone said:

i hate collingwood but can't see what Heritier wants by rehashing old issues.i thought the pies did everything Heritier asked of them.

• Haha 1

With probably a dozen or so clubs wearing black & white stripes whilst being nicknamed the magpies throughout the different divisions of english football I don't quite understand why there's such an issue with it over here. I can maybe see the argument for all clubs having their own emblem / nickname for marketing reasons in a finite competition but not team colours. 

If clubs really want to embrace the modern sporting landscape they are missing a trick if they don't fully embrace the concept of away and even interstate guernseys whether there's a colour clash or not. Get the designs right and they've got themselves a very handy revenue stream. Unfortunately many of ours through the years have been awful. 

As a footnote I'm sick of hearing from Koch and McGuire as much as anyone. Ricciuto is not far behind.