• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Sam Frost

Demon Forever

10 hours ago, McQueen said:

It’s a very valid question, Earl. 

If May, Lever, Jetta and to a lesser extent Hibberd all have injury affected years once again we could be Swiss cheese down back all over again. 

If they're all out injured throughout the year we're not gonna be playing finals anyway.

• Like 4

While I'm upset that we'll be losing a future All Australian Backman and Future Brownlow medalist, I'll take solace in the fact that Melbourne will most likely have possession 90% of the time off Froot's boot when we play Hawthorn next year.

I expect a first-round pick, neigh, make it two. He is, after all, a future star! And I'm sure Clarkson will get the best out of him like he did Frawley, Vickery, ect!

Edited by AshleyH30
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If we have a fit list Frost doesn't get a game.

Frost played in a team with a fit May, Lever, Jetta, Salem and Hibberd. Albeit not many but he still played.

Frost gives away goals and turns the ball over just as often as he makes exciting runs. He is also renowned for making mind bogglingly stupid decisions. 

He is a Grand Final nightmare. 

The way some supporters are going on about losing him is simply over the top. Clearly the MFC don't value him anywhere close to what some supporters do.

"He's our only quick player". That's not a reason to keep a player. There is zero evaluation involved in a sentence like that. A five year old could make a comment like that. 

If Frost nets us a second round pick that we ontrade to Freo for Langdon then we already win. The possibilities we'll have to trade up the draft then will be many. 

Also, how had Frawley gone since joining the Hawks? Clarkson certainly turned him into a star didn't he..

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was never a big fan of frosty, always seemed to cost us 2/3 goals a game. But he impressed me with his attitude and performances in the second half of the season and can prob hold his head up higher than most.  Prob not good to lose a player who seems to be on the up and the fear is that clarko will turn him into a better player. 

Having said that we need a new look in 2020 to sell hope and confidence to players and fans, coaching changes, game style changes and list changes. If frosty was the only player in top 22 we really lose I’d be delighted. 

Also given the fact hawks need picks for Patton and their father and son pick might give us options. If we split picks with gws then we could bundle up the lower first round  pick and frosty for hawks pick 10?!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

No point overpaying a limited player, we'll do that enough with free agents, if we can get something for Frost instead of signing him up to an expensive deal then dropping him to the VFL then I can live with that.

If Hawthorn are willing to pay him more than we are then you'd think there's at least a 3rd round pick coming back. 2nd rounder is optimistic but we can hope.

That’s currently the case for the majority of the list at the moment. I think it would be a fair guess to say we’re paying a few based on potential or their name.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He wasn't "best 22" he got games due to our diabolical injury list

Pathetic to pick up one part of a broader comment. That said he got games when Lever and May were back. 

Another in a long line of mistakes I think but we will all see next year. Frost is missing good coaching and development. He will get it at the Hawks. Melbourne is the worst team at developing players in my opinion and our footy department is a basket case. Shifting assitants wont help. Nothing has concvinced me Melbourne will be any better in 2020 Just read Goodwin interview in the Sun  "We got it all wrong in 2019"

And he reckons it gave him a pain in the guts. Geesus this guy is not up to the job. Hope he goes soon. Low IQ and stubbornness is not a great combination.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, rjay said:

Not just Frost 'Macca'...there is a problem in range of areas at the club.

The list is a big one, we both agree on that.

...but I was recently told by a reliable source that Macca...of the coaching variety said the players weren't carrying out instructions on game day.

Make of that what you will, but it's certainly a problem.

From watching numerous training sessions this season, especially the full ground game simulation sessions I did notice and commented here during the season that come game day we did not play how we trained. Our ball movement in a game is one dimensional and predictable. I put it down to lack of confidence and/or poor leadership on the ground. 

6 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

finding a speedy back pocket will be important if Jetta doesn't have much left will matter too.

I would like us to try Sparrow here next season...he has the leg speed, is strong over the ball and in the air for his size.

His kicking needs to be improved but I think he could be the answer.

We have enough of his type in the midfield.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cards13 said:

The Hawks gave up Ryan Burton for Wingard, now looking to trade for Frost... I would have stayed with Burton. 

Frosty off to his third club, he’s fun to watch and gives his all but I’d be surprised if he had too much improvement in him, especially from a ability to use the ball under pressure.

I will miss him and his speed.

Ryan Burton and a first round pick which if I recall correctly became Xavier Duursma.

• Like 1

My take is this  - as soon as Goodwin labelled it "Frost ball" he was done at the club.

On the surface it looks like an endearing term, dig a bit deeper and it speaks of inconsistency, uncertainty in what will be delivered and in effect, each possession is a roll of a dice.

What Goodwin, and actually what we all know is, that players up the field like the certainty of how a player will in effect deliver a ball and adhere to structures. These are the anthesis to "Frost Ball" - he called have easily called it "Frost Roulette".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

Another in a long line of mistakes I think but we will all see next year. Frost is missing good coaching and development. He will get it at the Hawks. Melbourne is the worst team at developing players in my opinion and our footy department is a basket case. Shifting assitants wont help. Nothing has concvinced me Melbourne will be any better in 2020 Just read Goodwin interview in the Sun  "We got it all wrong in 2019"

And he reckons it gave him a pain in the guts. Geesus this guy is not up to the job. Hope he goes soon. Low IQ and stubbornness is not a great combination.

The 9th pre season's a charm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Howe didn't want to stay and certainly never turned the ball over as much as Frost.

Try not comparing Apples with oranges 

I was looking at deals, not comparing players. I thought that was pretty obvious, as Howe and Frost are clearly different types of players. 

Anyway, since we are looking like losing Frost to the Hawks, why not go for one of their key forwards, to solve a major problem area of ours. 

They are bringing in Patton, which makes 5 tall forwards in Lewis, O'Brien, Gunston, Nash and Patton. They can't all get a game so why not see if we can entice one, say Nash, to want to come to us. I would rather get a tall forward than a late 2nd rounder pick. They also have their ruckman go forward quite often, making it more crowded.

With one reserve in Smith T gone and Keilty not coming on as hoped, we need another key forward even with Tom, Weid and maybe Petty, who could still end up in the backline.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

I get emotionaly attached to players so never like seeing any go.

But leaving that aside we won't miss frost (well the fans will miss some of the crazy football moments) from a team perspective. He is not a natural defender but the real issue is his disposal. In a team with so many poor kicks frost would need to be elite in another area (and not speed, sheesh) to overcome his rubbish kicking. It's not just the goals that we concede because of his turovers it the scoring chances we miss out on because the possession chain is broken (sometimes at the first link!).

One thing I was surprised at was that goody never experimented with a set play of frosty taking a kick out, playing on and running for the 20 metres that gift them and roosting a torp 60 metres down the ground to a predertimined area (a predetermined spot would be a tad optimistic) to say maxy. That would get the ball well over half way.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

Lot of people here seem to think that the club has faith in O-Mac to fill Frost's void.

I reckon Petty is the guy they rate who will fill that void R1 2020. Know the club rates him highly and was drafted as a KPD despite his success up forward in the back half of the year

THIS

Frost is 4/5th in line as a key back.

May, Lever, Petty and then Frost and Omac.

You dont pay good money for depth. Sell high. Win

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

This coming from someone who thinks Frost is leaving because he has little feelings hurt by May.

Melbourne supporters actually make me laugh

Hey, what’s the deal with the aggro here? I make a pretty harmless observation (sure, it might not have been an accurate one), some guy jumps down my throat and six of you pile on with the ‘likes’. Am I not in the Cool Club? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3