dazzledavey36

Dees honesty session.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Macca said:

If it is a thing it should have been kept in house.

Not sure it is the right time either if complacency is the issue.

Most certainly. All quite bizarre iyam.

Edited by beelzebub

2 minutes ago, ding said:

I will stick to round 5 being the start of our turnaround unless a miracle happens and we beat Sydney. ( We wont, it will be a slaughter IMO) I  have maintained since the season began that we will start slowly before bringing it home in the back half of the season. I will stick to that prediction because im a stubborn [censored] who doesn't like admitting to being incorrect.

Keep believing Dees fans, it WILL turn for us this season. (I hope)

I honestly think there is too much wrong at present to have any impact this year. The later half of the season will see improvement but by then it will be too late. 2020 will be much better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, old dee said:

I honestly think there is too much wrong at present to have any impact this year. The later half of the season will see improvement but by then it will be too late. 2020 will be much better.

It all depends on one ideal...applied from two directions.

Change.

A change in who's fit and available

A change in the game plan.

Really...until the latter is applied the former will have only a modicum of impact.

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Change.

Really...until the latter is applied the former will have only a modicum of impact.

Cannot see that happening this year, the coach is too stubborn. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, old dee said:

Is my thinking as well. But who knows 

29 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Change.

Change could also mean the players executing the game plan, which managed to get us a a prelim final last year. If we take Goodwin at his word along with what Viney, Brayshaw etc are saying its that we are not performing because the players are not executing as instructed.  Our performance this season closely resembles last season (although we did manage an early win or two) and the club turned things around to win 6 in a row, before dropping off again after the bye only to come storming back, beat WCE and GWS and win 2 finals. 

We are a young side and have started slowly but on history I'm backing the coaches and players to turn things around. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Change could also mean the players executing the game plan, which managed to get us a a prelim final last year. If we take Goodwin at his word along with what Viney, Brayshaw etc are saying its that we are not performing because the players are not executing as instructed.  Our performance this season closely resembles last season (although we did manage an early win or two) and the club turned things around to win 6 in a row, before dropping off again after the bye only to come storming back, beat WCE and GWS and win 2 finals. 

We are a young side and have started slowly but on history I'm backing the coaches and players to turn things around. 

It could Chookrat. I don't currently share your confidence.

The game's changed...and we  didn't. Maybe not your view and that's fair enough. 

Would love to see a vibrant winning Melbourne, I really would.

You see one eternal problem for me regarding football is I don't believe one word clubs/players say. Invariably it's tailored to sounding like empty platitudes meaning nothing.

I like your optimism.

Go Dees

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

If it is a thing it should have been kept in house.

Not sure it is the right time either if complacency is the issue.

I've been wondering what an "honesty session" really means. Why would the team need an "honesty session"? It suggests to me that the coach wanted the players to send a message to one or more of their team mates in a way that the coach could not, perhaps because of special position held by those players. If that's correct, I can only see two players who Goodwin might want such a message passed on to, and that's the Captains. And of the two Captains, I could see the possibility that the "honesty session" was to tell one of them in particular that if he's unable to lift his performance, he's holding the team back and might need to consider his own future.

Or, I'm overthinking this.  

• Like 2

How many young players would be truly honest in an honesty session? Were they called upon to be honest about themselves and their own performance, or others? Too many questions which will remain unanswered, because no one will tell outsiders exactly what happened in the session, and why should they? The media doesn't have to know everything. They make things up anyway. Too much of what is printed or talked about in the media now is only opinion, not facts.

I only hope to see a fighting spirit on Thursday, and a win, please.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I've been wondering what an "honesty session" really means. Why would the team need an "honesty session"? It suggests to me that the coach wanted the players to send a message to one or more of their team mates in a way that the coach could not, perhaps because of special position held by those players. If that's correct, I can only see two players who Goodwin might want such a message passed on to, and that's the Captains. And of the two Captains, I could see the possibility that the "honesty session" was to tell one of them in particular that if he's unable to lift his performance, he's holding the team back and might need to consider his own future.

Most of our good players aren't playing very well or aren't playing ... that is what the meeting would be about (IMO)  More so the form rather than the availability of talent.

But keep it in house ... we've got a tough game away on Thursday and Sydney will bring their best now (again, IMO)

I just don't believe in giving a sucker an even break ... agree with the honesty session/crisis talks though.  We have to get our year going. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Yea and what would he know? It's not like he's one for personal growth and learning 🙄

Honestly, didn't take much for MFCSS to rear its ugly head. 

Has nobody been paying attention for thelast four years? This is a journey, and it's not 2013. 

Cant believe some think they actually didn't review the prelim, or that the players were drinking their own bathwater, or that our coach is unable to learn and grow, and game plan is set in stone. 

Let's wait until the seadon ends (just like last year!) before making our assessments on this season. 

The supporter group needs to grow up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We havent beaten Sydney since Dean Bailey was coach - on current form I cant see how that will change this week

2 hours ago, old dee said:

He said they didn't.

He didn't specifically say that at all.  He said that he hasn't since re-watched the game, but also said that he used the second half as some time to reflect and I believe that was looked at and discussed with the players.  In essence, it was a normal 'review' of the game, but aspects were still discussed and looked at.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The value of honesty sessions is often who facilitates them and who attends. 

Ideally, it would be an external facilitator (are we still using Leading Teams?) who is experienced in setting the right tone so everyone feels comfortable in participating and can manage the dynamics.  Sometimes without coaches, players can give honest feedbackabout game plan, role, demands etc to an external person if they can't say tehm directly to a coach.  Doesn't need to be a sinister reason, could be opportunity,  experience etc.

Player only meetings have another benefit - they take ownership of the issues and commit to each other a course of action/behaviours.  Remember after our first final Lewis took only the players aside to say 'well done but we've done nothing yet'.   They went out the following week and knocked off the Hawks.

AFL 360 with Lewis might make interesting viewing tonight. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, deefella said:

Oscar MacDonald has had a few poor/soft  moments in the last 3 games Friday was his worst, Forst just does dumb things which like Oscar are one massive part of the problem.

Cheers for the new nickname deefella.

The games changed, new rules and setups, unfortunately the football depot are still clinging to last years semi successful plays, the seasons over and a few careers with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can only hope that Spargo or Jeffy  get picked this week   need a bit of speed    Go Dees

• Like 1

Wonder if anyone told Trac he was fat in the session

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Yes you are,  football clubs are seldom that clever. A bit like conspiracy theories it is usually just a [censored] up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, old dee said:

Just interested to know Old Dee, why you think 2020 will be much better? Pretty certain that everyone thought this year we would challenge, and look how that’s going. 

2 minutes ago, bing181 said:

“Once everyone starts buying in and we start defending well we’ll start playing a lot better football”

James Harmes.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-04-09/we-can-turn-it-around-harmes

Another nothing article. Geez I would love 10 bucks for every time I have heard this over the past 55 years. Just shut up and put up James

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

Another nothing article. Geez I would love 10 bucks for every time I have heard this over the past 55 years. Just shut up and put up James

I reckon you’d be far better off financially if you got 10 bucks for every time someone complained they’ve been following the demons for a long time and are sick of not having a flag on demonland 

Edited by Smokey
  • Like 2
  • Love 1