Post Match Discussion - Round 13

Demonland

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

been any training ?

With a couple of weeks of 6 day breaks between games I'd suggest they'll only have a light session one day this week, and it will probably be over here on Friday. 

But to answer your question, I have no idea. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

With a couple of weeks of 6 day breaks between games I'd suggest they'll only have a light session one day this week, and it will probably be over here on Friday. 

Only Thursday is on the site. Thought might be so light skills/setups etc today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Just back from Southbank and drove past Gosch's Paddock (around 2ish).  They were all out training; sadly couldn't stop for a look.

10 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I can't work the site on my mobile, is the Thursday session over there or here?

Umm just left home. On mob myself now, cant tell. Sorry

Edit ..Goschs

Edited by beelzebub

Former Brisbane Lions teammates Mitch Clark and Ash McGrath will reunite at a country football club 50km south-east of Perth in 2017.

Mundijong Centrals will roll out a star-studded line-up this season, with Clark and McGrath spearheading the club's push for a return to finals in the Peel Football Netball League. 

3 minutes ago, Skin D said:

Former Brisbane Lions teammates Mitch Clark and Ash McGrath will reunite at a country football club 50km south-east of Perth in 2017.

Mundijong Centrals will roll out a star-studded line-up this season, with Clark and McGrath spearheading the club's push for a return to finals in the Peel Football Netball League. 

Clark has been playing for them since Round 1. I played on him earlier last month. I'd post my thoughts on him but would possibly cop a ban. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Clark has been playing for them since Round 1. I played on him earlier last month. I'd post my thoughts on him but would possibly cop a ban. 

Feel free to pm ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webber said:

Agree both, Clint. Johnson was a great player, but can't hide his dogginess. BTW, did you enjoy Dom Tyson's goal on Sunday? Hit it bang on the 50 metre line, landed it by my rough count 7 rows back. So what, 60-65 metres? Makes him comfortably one of the longest kicks at the club I'd reckon. Whaddya say? Oh, no tail wind either ?

It was a good kick, he only got caught holding the ball twice too.

I'd like to mention Harmes, he's a favourite of mine so I'm a bit biased, but I reckon he's an integral part of our forward line. He is hard at the ball, not afraid to go for a pack mark, tackles with a certain amount of vigour and is quite quick. 

He also gut runs and always offers up a lead, if he'd kicked straight, he got 1 goal 4 behinds from his 18 possessions, we'd be talking about close to BOG, but he gets no love on here.

Very hard worker James and he's only played 34 games, lot of improvement left.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Dante said:

I'd like to mention Harmes, he's a favourite of mine so I'm a bit biased, but I reckon he's an integral part of our forward line. He is hard at the ball, not afraid to go for a pack mark, tackles with a certain amount of vigour and is quite quick. 

He also gut runs and always offers up a lead, if he'd kicked straight, he got 1 goal 4 behinds from his 18 possessions, we'd be talking about close to BOG, but he gets no love on here.

Very hard worker James and he's only played 34 games, lot of improvement left.

Harmes looks like someone who wouldn't have been out of place in Northeys teams. Maybe like a Jamie Duursma.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Harmes looks like someone who wouldn't have been out of place in Northeys teams. Maybe like a Jamie Duursma.

Interesting comparison

5 hours ago, PaulRB said:

Reckon Melksham would contest for longest kick, his deep kick, start of the third, that Watts marked in the goal square was also a 65+ metre bomb.

Salem just caressed it an effortless 55m for his goal, with hardly any follow-through to speak of.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Akum said:

Salem just caressed it an effortless 55m for his goal, with hardly any follow-through to speak of.

Was about to mention his. 55m toe poke.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Anyone got the stats on smothers for the game? In that first quarter I remember a few beauties from us

I would put money on the fact that we have had more smothers in 2017 than 2007-2014

• Like 3

On 19/06/2017 at 1:45 PM, willmoy said:

Great to see so many New or nearly New posters with so many wide and varied, well thought out comments

So you're not interested in the nonsensical, half baked comments of the regulars anymore??

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pineapple dee said:

So you're not interested in the nonsensical, half baked comments of the regulars anymore??

At the mo we are all one big happy flock, where knowledge and bulls##t abound

4 hours ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

I would put money on the fact that we have had more smothers in 2017 than 2007-2014

Frost alone probably has more smothers than we had 2007-2014.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, low flying Robbo said:

I've never seen someone with so much fear in their eyes while trying to act tough than Jake Stringer when he took on Viney at half time. Was genuinely [censored] himself

I thought that too. He looked pretty happy that there were suddenly a bunch of team mates between them. I think a lot of Bulldogs have been found out this year. Not bruise free, per se, but not unhappy to see the team mate take the hit rather than themselves.