• Podcast      

dazzledavey36

The Cam Pedersen Appreciation Thread

Is doing a mammoth job atm and several times i have seen him completely jump over Daniher and Hooker and tap it to our advantage. Does pretty well around the ground too.

Well done Pedo!

• Like 18

Should've been straight in when Gawn went down

• Like 11

He's a lump, athletic, and fit. Gives his all. Should've been in instead of Weid a long time ago in my opinion. 

• Like 13

I can understand why he started in the twos and if we are full strength may find himself around the 23rd player picked each week.

But, the last three weeks of him not playing  I think could have cost at least 8pts. Definitely should have been in each week imo.

Well done Cam, was a solid game and wasn't far away from snagging 3 majors

Edited by deeko
  • Like 3

Just imagine if Dawes was kept on the list over him, would have been an absolute disaster today.

• Like 4

Played a fantastic game and looking for him to show consistency. Could earn another contract if he excells over the next 8 weeks 

Huge effort from Pedo. We needed his workrate so much. Ovef the past 5 weeks we have had one quarter in which we have been annihilated  due to poor work rate. His ruckwork, two way running and 2nd/3rd efforts today were a great example of how to stay in a game. Loved it. 

• Like 5

Just now, Clint Bizkit said:

I can't and today just vindicated this.

Sorry Clint, didn't explain myself very well. He only had one arm up to last week or so of preseason 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, loges said:

Should've been straight in when Gawn went down

Hope all of those Demonlanders who didn't rate him eat a big fat sh#t filled humble pie..

You know who you are! 

• Like 8

Weideman needs to understand that Pedersen's work rate and intensity is the absolute minimum that Sam needs to bring each week. Anything less and he is a liability. Hopefully he realises this before too much more time passes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, poita said:

Weideman needs to understand that Pedersen's work rate and intensity is the absolute minimum that Sam needs to bring each week. Anything less and he is a liability. Hopefully he realises this before too much more time passes.

Weideman has time, he needs to just focus on building his own game down at Casey.

• Like 7

I am glad that Cam played well,he is like a lot of our revolving stock players just unable to follow up the good work week in week out.Maybe this match ( v bombers) will be the turning pt. Still we could do with a ruck/forward like Brown from the Kangas. 

• Like 1

I have been calling for him to be in the side since round 3.. I love him, did more than what Spencer would have I'd think

• Like 2

I thought Pedo was fantastic today, competed all day, some nice disposals and a lovely goal.

But I'll bang the same drum I have been for a bit, that is, him playing allows other players to play in their best position. Jack Watts is a very, very good forward now and the less time he spends rucking the better. 

Keep it going Pedo!

• Like 11

So where is Pro Dee?

Pretty clear that Pedo best 22 in the absence of Gawn and Hogan yet there are still knockers based on his mobility .

I thought he "was everywhere" today and gave Watts a better run up toward.

Most of us knew this prior to the event.

Goodwin made selection errors and may have cost us 2 games.

Looking to the future is great but

leaving it so late to select him idiotic.

• Like 14

Good to see Pedo getting a game. He was good today!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sigil said:

I thought Pedo was fantastic today, competed all day, some nice disposals and a lovely goal.

But I'll bang the same drum I have been for a bit, that is, him playing allows other players to play in their best position. Jack Watts is a very, very good forward now and the less time he spends rucking the better. 

Keep it going Pedo!

Completely agree, have never understood why the coaches haven't liked him. I reckon he has played a good role in most games he had played in. Takes good contested marks, pretty accurate and long kick for goal. Always makes a contest in the ruck. Dishes out good bumps and sticky tackles. Anyone questioning his courage just hasn't paid attention.

These have been my observations of him since 2014. Somebody posted a criticism that included the fact that he had never kicked more than 14 (or maybe 16),  goals in a season for us. He did that in 2014, the only year he played enough games to kick substantial numbers of goals, and the important thing about that year is that our top goalkicker only managed 20.

• Like 5

We got into a position to make finals last year in large part because of Pedersen. As soon as he was dropped, our structure fell apart and we wilted. I’m very glad to see him back in the team because his maturity and structural importance is very very valuable.

• Like 3

Did a super job today. Some of his leaps in the ruck actually gave him a height advantage over taller oppo rucks. 

Saw him spreading fast from the contest too. He was very mobile today.

Great job Cam. 

• Like 1

I have never understood the 'will he be in our next premiership team' logic when selecting teams. As far as I'm concerned, the future is now. 

It's up to Weed to knock the Bear out of the side. It's not until then that we consistently choose him over Pedo.

• Like 15

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Social Media

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles

ANOTHER GIANT PROBLEM by George on the Outer

On top of its injury problems Melbourne ran into an “in-form” GWS Giants at the MCG in a game which, apart from a final quarter junk-time spree served to highlight the club’s current problems. There’s a virtually non-existent forward line; a plethora of VFL standard players, who might be getting plenty of game experience but most will simply not be up to AFL standard; an inability to kick straight and an ability to waste simple opportunities so that they mustered up only one goal in the fir

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

GIANT HEADACHE by The Oracle

It seems so long ago that Melbourne took an unchanged line up into a game on the MCG against the Greater Western Sydney Giants and cleaned them up to the tune of 45 points.  In truth, the event occurred literally half a season ago in the final home and away round of the 2018 season and marked the Demons’ return to the finals with more triumphs to come in the weeks ahead. Of course, back then, it was the Giants who were wracked with injuries as they stumbled into the finals series facing the

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

LANDSLIDE by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons enjoyed the better of their first half against Port Melbourne on Saturday but fell away badly after half time to lose by 43 points. The Borough enjoyed the early break with the game’s opening two goals but the Demons took control to go out to an 8 point lead at quarter time, an advantage that it held for most of the second term until a late goal to the visitors clawed the lead back to a point.  The Casey ruck of Braydon Preuss and Liam Wale-Buxton were on top for most

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles 1

SHOULD HAVE ... COULD HAVE by George on the Outer

West Coast finally put the nail in the Demons 2019 season coffin with a 16 point win, but it was a game that Melbourne should have, could have, but didn’t win. Once again woeful, truly woeful work in the forward line, both kicking for goal and the lazy, cheap efforts of some let the side down. A solitary goal in the final quarter and only 9 goals from 24+ scoring opportunities was the costly difference in the game. The selectors, once again, made a critical error in not selecting

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

SCREAM by Whispering Jack

The Norwegian Expressionist artist Edvard Munch painted a number of versions of his famous work “Scream” and, every time my mind goes back to last year’s Preliminary Final at Optus Stadium between Melbourne and the West Coast Eagles, each and every one of them reverberates through my mind as if my head is being pummeled by a sledgehammer.  When I think of that half time scoreboard from that match showing West Coast at 10.9.69 to Melbourne 0.6.6, I feel like the man standing by the railing,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

NOT GAWN IN 60 SECONDS by George on the Outer

You might recall a regular segment that once featured on the MFC website entitled, “Gawn in 60 Seconds”, in which Maxy would ask the hard questions of his teammates. However, there was no harder question asked than the one asked collectively of the whole team in the last 60 seconds of Saturday’s game against the Gold Coast Suns.  It was either follow me and my example or the Demons’ season, already hanging flimsily by huuua thread, would be truly “Gorn”.  It was at that stage when thos

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

BOILOVER by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons caused the boilover of the season to date when they took on and beat the undefeated ladder leaders Essendon VFL by 41 points at Windy Hill.  The stunning result which was achieved with a season low of eight AFL-listed players, will surely kickstart the Demons’ ailing season after they lost their last two matches as a result of some poor third quarter fade outs against quality opposition. Casey got off to a great start with a mid-air soccer volley goal from Jimmy Munro

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by Whispering Jack

There would be very few among us who would have thought realistically at the start of the season that by the time Melbourne’s Round 8 trip to the Gold Coast came around, the visitors would not only be languishing in 16th place on the ladder, but also be sitting a game behind their hosts. In fact, had the Suns managed to goal late in their opening game against the Saints which they lost by a mere point, the gap between the two sides would have been even wider. Such has been the humiliation o

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

UNDERDOGS by KC from Casey

Thanks to the large injury list at Melbourne, the Casey Demons went into their fifth round clash with Footscray VFL as the underdogs and despite a courageous showing up to half time after conceding the game’s first four goals, their third quarter fade out saw them fall short against quality opposition for the second time in a week. Casey went into the game with only 9 AFL listers after Declan Keilty was called up to make his debut when Tim Smith was forced to pull out of the Melbourne team

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

IN THE PINK by George on The Outer

A five point victory against the eternal nemesis in Hawthorn, didn’t put the Demons back in the black for the 2019 season ... but rather, it added a touch of pink to their fortunes, now showing some sign of life after an underwhelming start to the year. And pink was the most appropriate colour for the side and the supporters, given this game was the annual “Pink Ladies” match.  And none more so than this proud Demon fan who turned up to add his support to the cause and his team at the same

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

EASIER SAID THAN DONE by The Oracle

There is no way of getting around the fact that Melbourne is the disappointment team of the AFL competition and, because it came into the season as a big top four fancy and now sits stone motherless last with a 1-5 win-loss record, it is fast becoming a laughing stock.  The only way in which the Demons can restore any sense of pride, let alone its rapidly diminishing hopes of making the finals is for it to overcome Hawthorn on Saturday in the replay of last year’s preliminary final. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

POINT CRASH by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons went down by the narrowest of margins to a strong Richmond VFL combination in the Round 4 game at Casey Fields on Saturday after a rushed behind  to the Tigers in the game’s dying moments broke the deadlock. In a low scoring game, Casey took the early ascendency after conceding the first goal and held their lead for most of the first half going into the sheds at the main break with an 8 point lead. The Demons were led in defence by key position players, Oscar McDonald

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles